FORUMS

PUBLIC RELEASE OF DREADNOUGHT (PC) SHIP STATS (General Discussion Forum)

Posted: //
May 12, 2017, 12:17 a.m.

Bazza, lets do some math, you can purchase GP or Elite status to circumvent the maintenance fees if you perform lets do this for a year period of gaming, supplying the fact you play every day.

In order to play consistently under the current maintenance system in tier 3 fleets and above you need to spend 20 dollars USD a month.

in a year thats 240 dollars per year. And that's with purchasing zero hero ships or GP.

So in a FREE TO PLAY i have to PAY TO PLAY tier 3 and above.

May 12, 2017, 3:55 a.m.

LoneValkyrie#4441 posted (#post-120108)

Bazza, lets do some math, you can purchase GP or Elite status to circumvent the maintenance fees if you perform lets do this for a year period of gaming, supplying the fact you play every day.

In order to play consistently under the current maintenance system in tier 3 fleets and above you need to spend 20 dollars USD a month.

in a year thats 240 dollars per year. And that's with purchasing zero hero ships or GP.

So in a FREE TO PLAY i have to PAY TO PLAY tier 3 and above.

Is this math based on losing every match and coming in the bottom 5 players every time?

May 12, 2017, 7:56 a.m.

-Bazza-#5140
The reason I spent money straight away is that I have never played an F2P game before. I have always paid upfront for a game. After trialling for a little time I found that I enjoyed this game so I paid what I would normally pay for a game. It was totally natural and not forced at all. So perhaps, I'm missing something in my naivety. But when I go to the shop I am totally fine with being forced to pay for the goods I want to take home. This is just my general attitude to life. And perhaps it is why I've never played an F2P game until now.

Well I have played many F2P games and I have only once met with one with this bad of a paywall, SWTOR, an MMO that claimed to be F2P but in reality huge chunks of the game are hiding behind paywalls.

The problem is not that Dreadnought requires money to play after tier II, it's the fact that F2P games don't do this in this day and age.

People leave this kind of F2P model rather then pay once hit with this type of frustration, because it's antiquated and has shown to be detrimental in the long run to the games that implemented it.

If this was a Buy to Play game, with a one time 60$ purchase and no maintenance I would buy it in a heartbeat but as it stands it's closer to a Freemium mobile game, that's not a winning plan for a PC game...

Admiral: "What is best in Dreadnought!"
Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"
Admiral: "That is good! That is good!"

May 12, 2017, 12:12 p.m.

Going forward, please address ONLY balance issues and concerns. All other posts will be removed.

Go to 1.6.0 KNOWN BUGS AND ISSUES or 1.6.0 KNOWN BUGS AND ISSUES (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Alternatively, you can create a new topic in Gameplay or Report A Bug.

We do greatly appreciate your feedback and concerns, and understand the frustrations that Maintenance brings to the community.

Please, keep this thread on topic.

Live QA Representative

May 12, 2017, 12:50 p.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2017, 1:08 p.m.

Sorry to have derailed the thread, here are some questions I have:

• What does Maneuverability rating mean? I can guess it means speed (how fast it can get from 0 to 1000KM for example), acceleration (how fast from neutral to the speed above), pitch (how long it takes to climb and drop the ships full height) and yaw (how long it takes to do a full rotation) but all those should be their own stat, calculated in seconds.

Also how energy to engines affects those number is important.

• Why do different ships have different Shield absorption rating, what does it mean? Does 100% means the shield stops all damage taken for the duration? My guess is yes, which kinda seems weird when corvettes can become invincible while under shields, while Dreadnought still take damage for example...

• On the subject of shields, could we get the numerical consumption per second? low, medium, high don't really help that much.

Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"

May 12, 2017, 3:48 p.m.

Knight_ldr#2166 posted (#post-120171)

let me help you out since they're unlikely to answer. might get deleted though.

• What does Maneuverability rating mean?

no idea. not gonna post the individual numbers for you, they don't really matter

that I'll post because it very much affects how to fly your ship:

• Why do different ships have different Shield absorption rating, what does it mean? Does 100% means the shield stops all damage taken for the duration? My guess is yes, which kinda seems weird when corvettes can become invincible while under shields, while Dreadnought still take damage for example...

• On the subject of shields, could we get the numerical consumption per second? low, medium, high don't really help that much.

See here, with m_damagePassThroughFactor being the answer to your first question and m_damageModifier the answer to your second question (note that base energy consumption per second is equal for all ships at 6 energy/s, this answers the additional energy cost for incoming damage). Each of them to be multiplied with the amount of incoming damage in case that's not clear.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 12, 2017, 3:53 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-120190)

Knight_ldr#2166 posted (#post-120171)

let me help you out since they're unlikely to answer. might get deleted though.

• What does Maneuverability rating mean?

no idea. not gonna post the individual numbers for you, they don't really matter

that I'll post because it very much affects how to fly your ship:

See here, with m_damagePassThroughFactor being the answer to your first question and m_damageModifier the answer to your second question (note that base energy consumption per second is equal for all ships at 6 energy/s, this answers the additional energy cost for incoming damage). Each of them to be multiplied with the amount of incoming damage in case that's not clear.

Thanks!

May 13, 2017, 3:46 p.m.

Developers are actively working on this request now, Captain Knight_ldr and Snib. Please be patient. smile

Live QA Representative

May 14, 2017, 10:17 a.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-120090)

Knight_ldr#2166 posted (#post-120087)

I'm going to address the elephant in the room, because someone has to, are the maintenance costs ever going to be implemented in a fashion that prevents going negative on a loss?

Because that's pretty much the worse thing in the game and the reason cited by most people leaving the game and giving it a bad reputation.

Why not Spend some money to by coins?

Where I come from it costs $8 USD for a pint of beer. In a night most people might drink 3 or 4 pints. But if you spend $20USD you can get 300k coins which will give you many nights of entertainment on this game even if you lost every single time.

I would suggest that most people just leave the game because they don't like it. Not because of the maintenance. Cos if you enjoy something then you are willing to spend money on it. You know it's not free to provide so you want to support something you get enjoyment out of.

Maybe people dont want to feel forced into it did you ever think of that ? I'm sure alot of people would do more to support this game if they didn't feel that the developers were purposely making the game a pay to play game and that's just what it is .

May 14, 2017, 1:55 p.m.

DN_DivumVexillum#9674 posted (#post-120308)

Developers are actively working on this request now, Captain Knight_ldr and Snib. Please be patient. smile

Hmm? If they want they can copy & paste my answer then. smile

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.