FORUMS

Remove Tier 2 from Veteran

Posted: //
May 26, 2017, 6:34 p.m.

I think what needs to be remembered here is this is still a 'beta' game. Sure it's in open-beta, but still it may not have the depth of player base which would allow closer matched games. If the veteran players are in Q for too long using a recruit to fill the teams just makes sense. They need to have games being played, lots of games, to iron out all the bugs, so that the game can be launched. Personally I've done ok in tier IV games, I just pick an artillery cruiser, or hop in a corvette. You don't need to go head to head in your T2 dreadnought vs their T4 Dread, also you shouldn't expect to win every game you play, sometimes you lose, sometimes your ship isn't the most powerful on grid. My advice is: get over it.

May 26, 2017, 6:40 p.m.

Updated //
May 26, 2017, 6:41 p.m.

No man--I queue up for recruit and get thrown into veteran all the time--against T3/T4. The current matchmaking system overrides the division because there aren't enough players in the queue. And helpful UI will not hurt the game, it will only increase the level of playing and increase the effectiveness of team work. Which even you agree is crucial to being able to take down the enemy team.

I've seen some of your posts and they all have the same tone, "The game is fine, get gud!" which is not community minded and excludes everyone who disagrees with you. Not everyone can spend the time to get to half way to legendary in the same time frame.

I don't understand why you think it's okay to mix them up. If you're halfway to legendary and love the challenge than shouldn't you be playing against higher tiers, instead of promoting trolling of newer members in their comparatively underpowered ships?

You point of view/attitude is the antithesis of community building and only serves your own selfish need to feel like the big man. (a.k.a. troll)

description

Gamers unite!

Join our community on Discord - https://discord.gg/uUWsxXG

May 26, 2017, 6:50 p.m.

Better ui will only establish a higher level of playing. And according to your logic, if you crave a challenge then shouldn't you favor playing in higher Tiers to match your own? Why do you insist that it's okay to troll lower level players?

I've seen a few of your posts and they all boast the same, "get gud" attitude which is not helping anyone out. Not everyone can spend the time to get to that level in that amount of time.

And to Power Junkie--it's not really about bad MM--but just keeping T1/T2 separate from T3-T5. Which there are plenty of players to do effectively.

There is more than one type of player here, and "Get over it" again is nothing short of selfish and shortsighted. In order to attract a larger player base there needs to be consideration of all types of gamers, Not just the L33T hardcore players.

description

Gamers unite!

May 26, 2017, 7:11 p.m.

To my knowledge, as long as you have a teir 1 ship in your loadout in recruit, you should never be bumped up into the veteran matches. Recruits being bumped into vet matches are only why you have a full fleet to t2's and they are being used to fill and start matches in veteran, where majority of the people that play this game are at.

May 26, 2017, 7:33 p.m.

Dattebayo--I thought this too, and have T1/T2 in my Recruit fleet -- yet still.... and I just confirmed this does happen with a GM on Discord.

I notice it largely at night during off peak hrs, So, I assume it has to do with low payer pop and them wanting to keep people from waiting too long in the queue.

description

Gamers unite!

May 26, 2017, 8:42 p.m.

Updated //
May 26, 2017, 8:45 p.m.

ZeroJee#1814 posted (#post-122033)

Better ui will only establish a higher level of playing. And according to your logic, if you crave a challenge then shouldn't you favor playing in higher Tiers to match your own? Why do you insist that it's okay to troll lower level players?

I've seen a few of your posts and they all boast the same, "get gud" attitude which is not helping anyone out. Not everyone can spend the time to get to that level in that amount of time.

And to Power Junkie--it's not really about bad MM--but just keeping T1/T2 separate from T3-T5. Which there are plenty of players to do effectively.

1. What kind of better UI you are talking about???
  2. If somebody don't have enough time to play - it's not an argument to change UI and show all ememies on minimap.
  3. I repeat again: t1 and t2 already separated!
    If you see t2 in veteran matches this could be only one reason - personal choice of the player, not mine and not AI.
    I was a t2, played vs t3/t4 and it wasn't a problem because t3/t4 in a hands of unprofessional - is a pice of valuable junk and nothing more. This game is not only about: who has a bigger gun - wins. This game give you a possibility to use tactics which can lead you to win even vs more powerful enemy. If you didn't understood this yet, play in recriut fleet or practise, but don't complain that UI or something else prevents you from e.g. win.

I am the wolf in the shadows night, Warrior of a dying light, Death to the drowning fright, Soldier of this endless fight.

May 26, 2017, 8:46 p.m.

ZeroJee#1814 posted (#post-122033)

There is more than one type of player here, and "Get over it" again is nothing short of selfish and shortsighted. In order to attract a larger player base there needs to be consideration of all types of gamers, Not just the L33T hardcore players.

1. What kind of better UI you are talking about???
  2. if somebody don't have enough time to play - it's not an argument to change UI and show all ememies on minimap.
  3. I repeat again: t1/t2 already separated!
    If you see t2 in veteran matches this could be only one reason - personal choice of the player, not mine and not AI.
    I was a t2, played vs t3/t4 and it wasn't a problem because t3/t4 in a hands of unprofessional - is a pice of valuable junk and nothing more. This game is not only about: who has a bigger gun - wins. This game give you a possibility to use tactics which can lead you to win even vs more powerful enemy. If you didn't understood this yet, play in recriut fleet or practise, but don't complain that UI or something else prevents you from e.g. win.

I am the wolf in the shadows night, Warrior of a dying light, Death to the drowning fright, Soldier of this endless fight.

May 29, 2017, 6:47 a.m.

they should imo put in some "Regular" tier, II and III, when playerbase expands. That should have minimal maintenence with gains between recruit and veteran. Then remove tier II from vet. That's it. So far veteran matches are the only ones that have 3 tier spread and it's kinda broken.

May 30, 2017, 11:57 a.m.

Hell_rabbit#0438 posted (#post-122061)

WTF are you talking about? So when I picked recruit fleet and was put into Veteran battle, it was my choice?

June 8, 2017, 12:17 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 12:18 a.m.

I will admit I was on the fence about this when the post first started. I have seen some people play Tier 2 ships well and do well in Veteran. The problem is while they can do well if there is any T4 corvette or Art cruiser they will get killed ....ALOT. Many of us joke about team balance right now because we see more Tier 4 ships out there and some Tier 4 ship modules seem overpowered when they are used on a Tier 2. I think removing Tier 2 would be the better of the two options. The other option is to remove tier 4 which would mean you get to play with Tier 5's when you get a Tier 4 ship something that I am not really looking forward to doing right now.

One thing I would point out if you enter the queue for recruit and have a Tier 1 ship you will never enter veteran.

Wow I had to go to page 3 to find this....lets keep this going I hope the developers will comment on this at some point.
Odin.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.