FORUMS

[COMPLETED][PS4] Server Maintenance: Tuesday May 16th 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM CDT

Posted: //
May 16, 2017, 2:35 p.m.

Updated //
May 29, 2017, 1:45 p.m.

Update: 6:00 PM CDT: Maintenance has concluded, PS4 servers should be live! During this maintenance we updated the PS4 matchmaking algorithm to match the update made to PC 1.6.0.

We have adjusted the matchmaking algorithm to more heavily weight a player’s Fleet Rating and MMR when creating matches and finding opponents. A player’s Fleet Rating is determined by the tier level and abilities of the ships within their fleet. This change is intended to create more evenly matched teams as well as a better overall matchmaking experience.

We will be taking the PlayStation 4 game version offline starting at 4:00 PM CDT while we perform routine server maintenance. During this time, expect to be unable to log in or play the game. Maintenance is scheduled to conclude at 5:30 PM CDT.

This maintenance window IS NOT introducing the upcoming PlayStation 4 account reset or Havoc Mode update, this has been rescheduled to next week and we are still determining an exact time.

We will update this thread and our @DreadnoughtCS twitter account as maintenance develops. Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance in other time zones:
2:00 AM - 3:30 PM PDT
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM EDT
9:00 PM - 10:30 PM UTC
10:00 PM - 11:30 PM CEST

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

May 17, 2017, 11:21 a.m.

Anyone else having problems getting a recruit deathmatch since maintenance?

May 17, 2017, 5:52 p.m.

EL_BUD#7903 posted (#post-120646)

Anyone else having problems getting a recruit deathmatch since maintenance?

I haven't been online yet because of work but I would assume that it would be harder for Recruit fleets to find matches as by now most players are using Veteran fleets. A few days ago when I last played recruit fleet, I would notice that I would have games where some players would be in tier 3 and 4 ships which lead me to assume that the matchmaking pools all players together irregardless of the fleet and try its best to even them out. Hopefully this new matchmaking update doesn't lengthen the matchmaking wait even longer. Some nights I would have to wait up to 15 minutes to find a game. It's a shame, since I really really enjoy playing this game. Hoping for an open beta soon so more players can join in.

May 18, 2017, 3:48 a.m.

Updated //
May 18, 2017, 4:21 a.m.

I can't play a single game since the maintenance, due to endless MM both in recruit or veteran fleet. While I'm writing, it says on the top of my screen "1:14:18 Matchmaking: Team Deathmatch (EST.2:20)", trying to find veteran game.
You did read it, I'm waiting for more than an hour. Yesterday was the same, I've been waiting because I didn't see other players with such a problem but...
My connection works fine, I tried to reboot my PS4, vainly.

Don't want to uninstall DN because I'm not sure how to download it again because of the closed beta.
If someone can help, I'll be grateful !
--edit--
I finally uninstall and download DN again, that did not fix it.

May 18, 2017, 5:18 p.m.

K0-Llag3n#2096 posted (#post-120709)

I can't play a single game since the maintenance, due to endless MM both in recruit or veteran fleet. While I'm writing, it says on the top of my screen "1:14:18 Matchmaking: Team Deathmatch (EST.2:20)", trying to find veteran game.
You did read it, I'm waiting for more than an hour. Yesterday was the same, I've been waiting because I didn't see other players with such a problem but...

Don't want to uninstall DN because I'm not sure how to download it again because of the closed beta.
--edit--

That's strange, I was playing last night just fine. I noticed that the matchmaking did flow by a bit quicker, but I did have some wait times. I am in the Central time zone. I'm not entirely sure if there are different servers for your time zone but if it is the case, maybe your server just wasn't populated? It's still in closed beta. I don't expect matchmaking to be quick until at least open beta.

May 19, 2017, 4:53 p.m.

THE_Best_Major#2698 posted (#post-120841)

K0-Llag3n#2096 posted (#post-120709)

--edit--

That's strange, I was playing last night just fine. I noticed that the matchmaking did flow by a bit quicker, but I did have some wait times. I am in the Central time zone. I'm not entirely sure if there are different servers for your time zone but if it is the case, maybe your server just wasn't populated? It's still in closed beta. I don't expect matchmaking to be quick until at least open beta.

I finally could have play a couple of recruit deathmatches few hours later (no veteran)... so you're probably right, it was around 12AM in France, on week days (working days for people with "normal" job). Don't know if there are different servers but it was... 6AM (+/- 1h ?) in the USA, I think captains weren't on the deck at this time !
I went to the same conclusion, it would work better with open beta on PS4 !

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.