FORUMS

Is the game still `progression 2.0` broken?

Posted: //
May 16, 2017, 4:08 p.m.

Just doing my 3-ish monthly checkup.

May 16, 2017, 4:09 p.m.

+Is Obliviondoll still around?

May 16, 2017, 4:45 p.m.

Updated //
May 16, 2017, 4:57 p.m.

There are a few veterans still around. The forums probably isn't the best place to look. Not many of them comment here. Discord is likely their roost.

Haven't seen Doll comment in the forums for quite a bit.

Post 2.0 many of the same issues are in place but there does seem to be a slightly better population. Recruit matches often take like 5 minutes to find and most nights that holds true for veteran. There are still balance issues between Tiers and maintenance compounds that problem... but if you manage to have some semi balanced fights it's not all that bad.

My view is the time it takes to actually progress from zero to T4 isn't that bad. It's the experiences you have on the way that can be awful. Matches of T4s versus T3s and maintenance because of said matches. T4 is a bit grindy and faces all the other issues except slightly less because you're not so outgunned. T5 is all but dead. T4 practically is the current cap.

A recent update came out that had some pretty nice changes. I keep hearing people saying we may earn less XP now. Not sure. Haven't tested it myself. If that's the case it may throw off everything I just said.

May 17, 2017, 10:39 a.m.

ok thanks for the response

May 17, 2017, 10:50 a.m.

Updated //
May 17, 2017, 11:55 a.m.

The game is in the worst shape it has ever been.

Tons of bugs still here from before closed beta. Tons of new game breaking bugs.

Balancing has been completely thrown out the window with severe nerfs to ships that didn't need them along with nerfs to officer briefings that has made them useless.

AI Bots have been added to the game, to speed up que times and give the illusion that there is lots of people playing. Truth is people are leaving faster then they are joining. The AI Bots are so bad, that if you get to many bots on your team, its a complete loss.

Game crashes constantly, worst then it ever has, sending you back to the hangar to pay maintenance constantly.

Discussions on the forums about many of these issues, are being locked by DN_OompaLoompa in hopes of hiding the problems from potential new customers.

I could go on and on but I think you get the point. Obliviondoll still pops in from time to time but for the most part, he has given up hope, that Dreadnought will ever be anything worth playing again.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

May 17, 2017, 11:53 a.m.

Updated //
May 17, 2017, 11:57 a.m.

"AI Bots have been added to the game, to speed up que times and give the illusion that there is lots of people playing. Truth is people are leaving faster then they are joining. The AI Bots are so bad, that if you get to many bots on your team, its a complete loss."

Where are you getting this information on bots? DN devs have said several times in the past that they would never add AI in such a manner, ie to replace human players on a team, so I don't quite understand why this would be a thing now suddenly. Is there an official post on this, or do you have screenshots of bots in matches? I've personally never seen this, so I'd be interested to see what you're referring to.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 17, 2017, 12:08 p.m.

Quayjay#4843 posted (#post-120645)

AI Bots have been added to the game, to speed up que times and give the illusion that there is lots of people playing. Truth is people are leaving faster then they are joining. The AI Bots are so bad, that if you get to many bots on your team, its a complete loss.

At first i wanted to explode with laugh and riddicule you statement...
But now I realized you might be right. that they added hidden bots.
I mean I never took such option into consideration, such thoguht never crossed my mind, therefore never analyzed team behaviour in terms bot/non-bot.
Da.mn.

But you dont have any proof, dont you.

May 17, 2017, 12:14 p.m.

Updated //
May 17, 2017, 12:18 p.m.

Hey where the he.ll quayjay post is gone???????

Doesnt matter, its internet, nothing is gone forever:
https://pasteboard.co/7q3UCEqZY.bmp

Either devs are bad and keeping this low
or
quayjay is trying to damage game as much as possible by posting and removing post himself.

May 17, 2017, 12:28 p.m.

There does seem to be a slew of posts lately by several players that appear to be designed to discourage new players, returning players, and disparage the devs. I understand there's likely a lot of animosity and hostility present in some of the people that have been here a while due to development progress, design direction, etc, but it's not really helping the situation any to drive more players away from the game. If we're here, we're obviously interesting in DN, and would likely benefit more from it being successful rather than falling apart.

Offering constructive criticism can be frustrating for players who feel they aren't being heard, I understand that, but constant attacks on the devs will not accomplish anything except the creation of a toxic forum, and distancing devs from players even further.

If you don't enjoy the game, don't play. If you don't want to contribute something constructive, then you're likely better off not posting anything, rather than causing more animosity and conflict simply out of spite.

If one does in fact have proof of any shady actions on the part of the devs, then reddit is likely a much better forum to air those grievances and post the proof, because it's obviously not going to be allowed to be discussed here if it is a "secret".

I'm not picking a side here, quayjay could be correct, or he/she could simply be angry and trolling, but either way, there's constructive ways to go about things, and methods which are only detrimental to the game, the devs, the community, and the posters themselves.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 18, 2017, 3:19 p.m.

Updated //
May 18, 2017, 3:19 p.m.

This is the second time I've looked into the forums in a few months. A while back, I got banned from the forums with no warning and no explanation. When I reported the problem to support, I was told I had been warned, and am still yet to find evidence of the warning, or get a reply to my email explaining that the warning I've been told I was given doesn't seem to exist.

I'm not sticking around, and I'm only looking up information about the game very sparsely, because at this stage, I've gone beyond the point where I care any more.

Fractured Space is avoiding at least MOST of the mistakes the Dreadnought devs have made, and are continuing to earn well-deserved criticism for. Galactic Junk League is another valid option. I just missed the Kickstarter for Starfighter, Inc. and I'm not quite as confident in the direction it's taking anyway, but it does look interesting and somewhat promising as another option for people interested in team-oriented multiplayer space combat games.

The reason many people are negative about things in this space is NOT because we want to see the game die - far from it, in fact. We're critical because the devs are CONSISTENT about not listening to good, valid and constructive suggestions, and are CONSISTENT about disregarding game dev 101 in doing so.

They made a lot of VERY serious errors in both game design and marketing when releasing progression 2.0, and have persisted in supporting those mistakes in the face of SOLID AND INTELLIGENT reasons why they should reverse direction. Even now, after massive work has been done refining and improving these systems, the game is objectively worse than it was in alpha because of some decisions that still need to be reversed if I'm ever going to recommend anything other than "stay away" to anyone I have any respect for. Alongside the bad design decisions that are provable facts, the majority of players who have seen both pre- and post-2.0 game functionality have non-factual reasons to prefer the game as it was over its current state.

My signature (still) sums up the advice the devs need to follow. They're clinging to a mistake, and the longer they keep throwing their weight behind it, the harder it keeps getting to just admit it's a mistake. The sooner the better, and they really need to fix it 6 months ago.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.