FORUMS

Yet another DC from match/maint fee still applied thread.

Posted: //
May 17, 2017, 5:57 p.m.

I am well aware that this is an older and known bug, yet I am reporting it nonetheless, because this is the sort of thing that simply cannot go this long without being addressed.

The maintenance fees in this game are a detriment to progression and player retention as-is, but when coupled with this bug, it makes the game nearly unplayable. In this case I was only several seconds into a Veteran match when I got kicked back to the login screen, came back to less credits than I had before the match. This is ridiculous. This cannot be a low-priority fix, or it will kill this game before it's even able to launch fully. I have an enormous amount of patience and plenty of experience with alphas and betas, and that patience is wearing thin. Most people will have given up by now, and that's money out of your pocket, not ours.

I think this game has great potential and I would really love to see it succeed, but please, a level of professionalism is required here that's simply not being displayed. I understand that the devs are likely working hard to address many of these issues common to the game, but certain things are a priority, and simply removing maintenance would go a long way towards making the disconnect bug less of a big deal for many players. There's no legitimate reason that a simple system such as maintenance could not be removed until a better solution can be implemented. The more time taken to accomplish this, the more players will drift away from the game, and I for one wouldn't like to see that happen.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 17, 2017, 6:27 p.m.

It was... hopefully still is a major priority for them. They've taken serious cracks at it. Sounds like they've managed to reduce the amount but still have a bit to go. I don't see them removing all of maintenance to fix the issue. They are too determined to keep that feature. Plus... taking it away now and restoring it later with have an incredibly negative effect on the community.

We didn't take it well from Alpha... as in most people don't play from those days anymore. Can you imagine introducing this game to the new open beta crowd... only to implement maintenance later? If they are going to keep such a system it's better to let people know now than later.

Remember report your bug to their service and they'll typically refund you. The more logs they get the more they can determine what happened to you.

May 17, 2017, 10:47 p.m.

Devs have identified the problem causing this punishing bug, and it was deeper than originally thought. Teams in Berlin and Houston are working hard to get a fix out to Captains as quickly as possible. It is one of our top priorities!

Developers are also working to fix and have fixed many of the bugs and issues causing grief to our Captains out there. There will be updates by our wonderful Community Team when it's all ready.

Please, if you have not already, contact Customer Support. They will do everything they are able to help you.

Live QA Representative

May 18, 2017, 11:34 a.m.

I'm not really concerned about credits lost, I plan to sink a lot of time into DN and will eventually grind out everything.

My primary concern is for the health of the game as a whole. As I mentioned, I'm extremely patient, most people are not, and there's a lot of other games out there. If an idea is a bad one, it should not be held onto, regardless of whose pet project it was, how important it is to some dev to keep, etc. I know this game is someone's baby, but if they want that baby to get a chance to grow up, then they need to adapt.

No one likes maintenance, ever, in any game. It serves no positive purpose. It makes people not want to spend money, because it's a shady, proven-to-be-unpopular mechanic in every game that has introduced it. That's the only reason I keep belaboring the topic, because keeping a failed, unpleasant mechanic in a game for mystery reasons, despite serious pushback from the players beta testing your product flies in the face of all reason.

I'll reiterate, I love this game, have very high hopes for it, so please, please don't kill it in it's infancy by ignoring repeated good advice from the people you've asked to test the quality of your product. This is why we're here. Out of all the bugs present, the only one that really prevents you from actually progressing in the game at any sort of reasonable pace is the DC bug, BECAUSE of the maintenance. Just DCing in itself isn't a big deal, if you weren't losing money. Even if you yourself don't DC, but half your team does and you lose, that wouldn't be too bad, but now you have to pay maintenance for a loss you had little control over. There's too many negatives and absolutely zero positives, unless you're trying to force people to spend money- in which case, you're doing it wrong.

I promise you that with maintenance gone, and some of the other bugs ironed out, people will want to spend money on this game- for Elite, for Hero ships if they ever become useful, for purely cosmetic items most of all. It's tried and true in the F2P market, go with what works, instead of something that people despise.

I say these things out of respect and appreciation for the dev response and all the hard work you guys put in. If I didn't care I wouldn't have so much to say about it.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.