FORUMS

This game's open beta will fail if Corvettes are not changed

Posted: //
May 21, 2017, 8:30 p.m.

Absolutely no one likes the fact a Corvette can kill you before you can even react and yet still have enough armor to endure if you do.

Just how many new players already left because these ships are running rampant and obliterating everything in their path?

May 21, 2017, 9:41 p.m.

From what point of view? Artillery Cruiser? They are the most helpless against a Corvette. Literally nothing you can do. I've been sniped down as a Corvette by a AC before, but that is not a frequent occurrence.

As far as other ships are concerned, a large part of countering Corvettes is awareness. If you have your pants down, anything but a Dreadnought is toast. That said, Tactical Cruisers can deal with Corvettes better than most ships. They have a beam weapon with a 5km range that allows them to more easily hit them.

Awareness and experience is the only real counter right now. Its a fine line. If you wander off on your own, they are simply capitalizing on your mistake.

Devs are aware and did mention they are working on balancing issues. --> Community Hot Topics #6

May 21, 2017, 9:52 p.m.

Awereness and experience huh? Yes, i do mostly use AC since i started and yes, i know they die if i hit them twice [and man does it feel good to kill those bastards] and yes, i do pay attention to them because now i'm paranoid that one will appear and eat me alive, but the fact they're so powerful is still something that needs to be checked.

And thanks for the link, i'm glad to know they're working on it.

May 21, 2017, 10:58 p.m.

whats to work on? if your in an arty and your complaining about vets. uve seriously missed the purpose of the classes. the artillery is long range your weakness is close range. vets ARE your weakness. fast moving hard to hit. find some modules to counter, or stop staying zoomed in all the time and blinding yourself to your surroundings. after your fire you should be panning around checking every avenue of approach to you. line up the next shot and take it. check ur surroundings again. blaming this on balance is a joke when your struggles are your falling prey to your intended weakness.

and no not everything short of a dread instantly dies to a vet. a destroyer can easily drop a vet in seconds and has the fire rate and accuracy to do it with only a moderate experience level. dreads an obvious and already stated weakness for a vet, few vets will even bother trying because they KNOW they will get blow outa the sky. then there is the tacs, 50/50 shot there. similar with the arty but better odds of survival, if the tac sees u first at longer ranges they can easily drop u before u get a change to attack. if the tac tunnel visions healing just like you arties tunnel on the target and get caught offguard their isnt going to be too much they can do unless their packing some nice counter vet modules.

May 22, 2017, 12:26 a.m.

Updated //
May 22, 2017, 7:16 p.m.

Richard Rahl#8784 posted (#post-121210)

whats to work on? if your in an arty and your complaining about vets. uve seriously missed the purpose of the classes. the artillery is long range your weakness is close range. vets ARE your weakness. fast moving hard to hit. find some modules to counter, or stop staying zoomed in all the time and blinding yourself to your surroundings. after your fire you should be panning around checking every avenue of approach to you. line up the next shot and take it. check ur surroundings again. blaming this on balance is a joke when your struggles are your falling prey to your intended weakness.

and no not everything short of a dread instantly dies to a vet. a destroyer can easily drop a vet in seconds and has the fire rate and accuracy to do it with only a moderate experience level. dreads an obvious and already stated weakness for a vet, few vets will even bother trying because they KNOW they will get blow outa the sky. then there is the tacs, 50/50 shot there. similar with the arty but better odds of survival, if the tac sees u first at longer ranges they can easily drop u before u get a change to attack. if the tac tunnel visions healing just like you arties tunnel on the target and get caught offguard their isnt going to be too much they can do unless their packing some nice counter vet modules.

I like how you didn't bother to understand or read, especially since a ton of others who ARE NOT Arty users are saying the same thing.

Only joke here is you trying to act tough when, in reality, you're a pathetic kid trying to feel like he means something for once.

May 22, 2017, 12:53 a.m.

Been spending some time in recruit lately to progress certain ships. I'm finding that the offensively modded T2 tac cruiser is dynamite against recruit corvettes.

Half-fletchettes, blast pulse, tesla pod, and energy generator. If you spot that vette, you just go like this....

1.Energy generator
2.Power to weapons
3. Aim and fire (never stop firing, you have infinite ammo)
4. Fletchettes
5. Blast pulse as he comes within 800 metres
And you can even switch to secondary and really give him a hammering with power to weapons if he comes very close.

And try to keep moving too so that arty cruisers can't ruin your vette duel.

You need to time certain things incase he puts shields on cos his shields absorb 100% damage.

But you get the picture. I feel no concern about vettes with this particular ship build. Ofcourse, they do get me when I'm tunnel visioned.

So, I regularly press 'tab' to check if the enemy has any vettes. If they do, then I force my brain to watch for them. It's difficult at times but you can practice allocating some cognitive resource to looking for vettes.

I'm not saying there aren't balance problems. But balance problems need to be discovered through data analysis, not just player anecdotes.

I would suggest that as more players gain experience they will naturally play as a team more often and corvettes will be reduced to the bone picking vultures they are supposed to be.

A good team will protect arty cruisers if vettes are in play. I make it a point to do that. But arty cruisers must also try to stay close to the team.

The game is incredibly complex and I encourage you to give it a lot more time before you make balance calls. It is a hard game so just practice and see how you go.

It's game theory with 16 players, each with different ships with 4 modules... and generally no communication. It's going to take a while for all the captains to figure out the optimal strategies.

May 22, 2017, 1:12 a.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-121221)

Been spending some time in recruit lately to progress certain ships. I'm finding that the offensively modded T2 tac cruiser is dynamite against recruit corvettes.

Half-fletchettes, blast pulse, tesla pod, and energy generator. If you spot that vette, you just go like this....

1.Energy generator
2.Power to weapons
3. Aim and fire (never stop firing, you have infinite ammo)
4. Fletchettes
5. Blast pulse as he comes within 800 metres
And you can even switch to secondary and really give him a hammering with power to weapons if he comes very close.

And try to keep moving too so that arty cruisers can't ruin your vette duel.

You need to time certain things incase he puts shields on cos his shields absorb 100% damage.

But you get the picture. I feel no concern about vettes with this particular ship build. Ofcourse, they do get me when I'm tunnel visioned.

So, I regularly press 'tab' to check if the enemy has any vettes. If they do, then I force my brain to watch for them. It's difficult at times but you can practice allocating some cognitive resource to looking for vettes.

I'm not saying there aren't balance problems. But balance problems need to be discovered through data analysis, not just player anecdotes.

I would suggest that as more players gain experience they will naturally play as a team more often and corvettes will be reduced to the bone picking vultures they are supposed to be.

A good team will protect arty cruisers if vettes are in play. I make it a point to do that. But arty cruisers must also try to stay close to the team.

The game is incredibly complex and I encourage you to give it a lot more time before you make balance calls. It is a hard game so just practice and see how you go.

It's game theory with 16 players, each with different ships with 4 modules... and generally no communication. It's going to take a while for all the captains to figure out the optimal strategies.

i demand u put that on a !@^%@# billboard, and a sign, and you HIT PEOPLE WITH THAT SIGN!

May 22, 2017, 2:54 a.m.

Complaining about corvettes when you main arty? lol.

May 22, 2017, 4:24 a.m.

well i main destroyer and i am still eaten by corvete. i cant hit it since its too frikking fast, when i luch torpedos or some of that ****, it hides behind something, and it just eats me alive without me actualy hit it. And i kind of thought i am one of those who is supposed to kill it.

May 22, 2017, 5:28 a.m.

This type of conversation is like a flavour of the month sale at a store, every month it'll change to something else because players aren't taking the time and effort to fully understand the game, you have 5 slots in your fleets for a very good reason. Switching ships BOOM, they have alot of corvettes? Switch to a harwich with anti courvette mods, or a vindicta.

Play other classes round out a balanced fleet and you'll be fine, this is not LOL with mains and lanes. It's a tactical team based shooter.

Learn to play, stop trying to turn this game into a constantly unbalanced mess.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.