FORUMS

Missiles, bombs and torps mechanics

Posted: //
May 23, 2017, 7:57 a.m.

GreedyOpossum#4277 posted (#post-121370)

Divide-By-Zero#3135 posted (#post-121368)

I could be wrong here since it hasn't happened many times but i have the impression that (friendly) nuke detonations can harm friendly ships. I rememeber accidentally launching a Goliath at launch when an asteroid was next to me and it blew up and damaged me and a friendly destroyer nearby. The friendly took much less damage than i did but there was damage. Unless it was something else that happened to hit him at the same time..

Are you sure that nukes don't hurt friendlies?

There is no friendly fire, not even nukes. You can only heal and give buffs to team mates, no damage. Also the blast damage of a nuke diminishes the further you are from the detonation point. So if you see a nuke coming, run even if you know you are going to get hit. It might still save your life.

Must have been a coincidence then, thanks! No need to be so cautious when firing nukes anymore smile
And yeah i've noticed that the damage decreases the farther you're from the blast's center. I hit thrusters as soon as i see one coming. Unless the enemy is in a suicidal mood and fires it point blank, you usually have enough time to move out of the way.

Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.
-Master Sergeant Farell

May 23, 2017, 10:03 a.m.

Evilfish#7290 posted (#post-121365)

Out of interest, if I block enemy missiles that were targeting at one of my allies, will I get damaged? I'm not talking about nukes here, just standard missiles.

Yes you will.

Also, when mines detonate, do they just damage enemies, enemies and the person who laid them, or do they hit everyone in the blast radius?

As stated above no "friendly" fire besides damage to yourself, so mines hit all ships in the blast radius that are either enemies or yourself, friendlys and yourself cannot trigger them.

And finally, what's the effect of power to weapons, or weapon boosting modules on mines? I've seen videos of people putting ptw when they launch the mine, then immediately switching it off, what's the reason for that?

There is an Officer Briefing called "Module Amper" (avaible for unlock on the Dola) that boosts damage and healing of modules when power to weapons is active, the modules "snapshot" this boost, meaning you need to have ptw active the moment the projectile spawns, then you can deactivate it.

Without this Briefing ptw has no effect on modules and other modules like Weapon Booster Pulse never boost other modules.

Recruit Engineer

May 23, 2017, 10:49 a.m.

Updated //
May 23, 2017, 10:50 a.m.

Evilfish#7290 posted (#post-121365)
And finally, what's the effect of power to weapons, or weapon boosting modules on mines? I've seen videos of people putting ptw when they launch the mine, then immediately switching it off, what's the reason for that?

You have a keen eye if you noticed that. Yes. They might have had the Module Amper Officer Briefing, which boosts any modules that do damage/healing when Power to Weapons is active. This would include mines as well, I assume, since they are a damage dealing module.

EDIT: Dang, Jawayne beat me to it. smile

-N03

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.