FORUMS

Great job at scaring away new players!

Posted: //
May 25, 2017, 4:58 a.m.

Can you stop dropping me in to veteran matches when I queue for Recruit, that would be great.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 25, 2017, 5:18 a.m.

Supposedly one tier 1 ship in the fleet prevents this from happening.

May 25, 2017, 5:19 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-121742)

Care to explain how the Vindicta got there without showing up on the minimap (I just checked, it has no cloak) and how it insta-killed a 36k HP ship with his Ram that is supposed to do about 20-25k damage? (if I recall correctly)

Can't answer the latter part, but I might be able to help with the first bit at least...

Line of sight. If the enemy ship stays in a canyon, and nobody on your team has line of sight, they can get REALLY close without lighting up. No cloak needed. You have to be really careful (and a little lucky) to get away with it, but if it plays out right, you can appear from nowhere pretty quickly.

I can't say 100% there wasn't lag or a glitch or exploit happening, but this CAN happen without that, too.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 25, 2017, 6:07 a.m.

With the Officer Briefing "Module Amper", you can increase the modules damage and healing by 30%, this should work for plasma ram too.
About the minimap, i heard, that enemy ships just pop up at the radar, while they fire (and short time after). Without using any of its guns, a ship should be pretty hard to detect via minimap only.

Jede Geschichte hat vier Seiten: Deine Seite, Ihre Seite, die Wahrheit und das, was wirklich geschehen ist. Welten brechen auseinander, Formationen nicht.

May 25, 2017, 9:15 a.m.

Updated //
May 25, 2017, 9:26 a.m.

I'm a free player. So... seeing how intense players raging in forum about the maintenance costs and horrible matchmaking, I decided to:

-Delay using my first t3 ship (Ceres)
-Play on recruit match to get more t3 ships (I thought it would be bad if I enter veteran match with only 1 t3 ship)
-After playing recruit for a while, I unlocked 4 more t3 ship (kreshnik, machias, fulgora and vucari)
-tried to play veteran matches with 5 t3 ship for a first time
-My team loses badly, but there's one thing that frustrated me: I'm playing as a healer (Ceres) with 2 other players (they use koschei and Ceres), we heal each other and told our team to stay close to healers (which they did) and we slowly march forward, before suddenly the enemy team (which uses mostly t3 ships) switched to t4 ships once they are being killed. Of course, my team is being obliterated, though I'm able to escape to my starting point and start healing site there. The match ended with 100-60. Yes, I lose the match, and the game charged me with 900 credits for maintenance (I earned 1200-900=300) but during the match I DID NOT die at all, not even once, and I DID NOT use any other ship except Ceres (that survived the match without being killed) and they charged me 75% of my earning!? Logically speaking what's the point of maintenance cost if I didn't die at all!? I know developers need to make money, but to force us spending real money just to survive the game is unacceptable for me. Credits are really hard to get in game, not to mention grinding the ships. At this point, I feel the game is more like a chore than actual fun. I give the developers some advice and I'll wait for 2 patches. If they don't fix this, I'll uninstall the game (along with my friends) and play fractured space instead

Here's my advice:
-remove maintenance cost or at very least if you are so stubborn of not removing it, do not make the cost more than 5% of earned credits
-monetization is okay as long as it's cosmetic only that doesn't affect gameplay progression. Remember, the money that's coming to you isn't dictated by how much a player pays, it's dictated by how many player pays (and with current economy model, I doubt it's going to last if players are being forced to pay instead of offering something to pay)
-If players already unlocked all ships, then there's no reason to pay anymore. Your current model is only short term-cash grab. Your main income should be from offering items like cosmetic for ships or exp/credit boosters
-Do not force players to pay to progress, it's like a salesman pestering a customer all day long, and with that, you're going to lose a customer
-Make the exp>free exp conversion like this: we're able to freely convert exp to free exp, but by choosing an option to converting it using real money, we got a bonus in free exp earned
-gora model is messed up, fix it
-fix the matchmaking, there should be a cap limit of t4 in veteran matches or add another match tier like this: (recruit: t1-t2, veteran: t2-t3, elite: t3-t4, legendary: t4-t5) so there's no a gap huge enough between the difference of 2 tiers

That's all

"If you are a game developer, and you:
-played your own game as a free player legitimately and feel suck
-cannot progress forward and feeling frustrated of your own pay to win
-feels your own game more like a chore than earning fun,
Then you are really bad at game design"

May 25, 2017, 12:25 p.m.

Suthriel#7444 posted (#post-121769)

With the Officer Briefing "Module Amper", you can increase the modules damage and healing by 30%, this should work for plasma ram too.
About the minimap, i heard, that enemy ships just pop up at the radar, while they fire (and short time after). Without using any of its guns, a ship should be pretty hard to detect via minimap only.

it does work with ram. pretty nasty combo too.

@tyrel, it likely didnt appear because noone spotted its approach. you cant see ships on the minimap be they dread or vet if their hidden behind a wall and noone has line of sight on them.

May 25, 2017, 1:20 p.m.

Updated //
May 25, 2017, 1:21 p.m.

Thanks for your post, Im trying to download this game and I keep getting the HTTP Failure, which been a bug since 2016 and is still here apparently. And with the talks of how bad the grind is Ill pass. I have plenty of games dont need one that will take too much time with.

May 25, 2017, 1:51 p.m.

Updated //
May 25, 2017, 1:52 p.m.

DeadlySS#3131 posted (#post-121874)

Thanks for your post, Im trying to download this game and I keep getting the HTTP Failure...

No idea what HTTP failure you're talking about (pretty sure it's your router or firewall and not the launcher), but the game economy was promised to be improved in the following patches and Dreadnought - taking the grind out of the equation - is quite a great game, so you shouldn't just ignore it altogether.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

May 25, 2017, 2:23 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-121880)

Thanks for your post, Im trying to download this game and I keep getting the HTTP Failure...

No idea what HTTP failure you're talking about (pretty sure it's your router or firewall and not the launcher), but the game economy was promised to be improved in the following patches and Dreadnought - taking the grind out of the equation - is quite a great game, so you shouldn't just ignore it altogether.

The HTTP Failure is real. They know it exists and they know its their problem. Eventually even with the Error showing, the game still downloads. However I am now 10+ Hours into the download with a stable 5mb/s connection on my side, still missing about 30% of the content.
Accessability is something else.

May 25, 2017, 3:51 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-121880)

May want to do a quick search of the HTTP Failure, you will find tons of post in this forum and other places about it. In 2016 they said they are aware of it. Yet its still a problem I'll wait till I hear the grind is better before I wast time trying to download it. I know the game is fun because I played in close beta couple times. I was looking forward to this game for a very long time. But refuse to play anything that is too grindy

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.