FORUMS

Great job at scaring away new players!

Posted: //
May 22, 2017, 7:36 p.m.

Everyone and their cousin has pointed out that maintenance is a horrible idea as implemented, people have asked for a test drive system also and this for many months.

The devs has said maintenance is here to stay and that their intent is to force you to play your lower tiers and convert the EXP on your maxed tier IIs to progress, which costs real money.

Yes, we have pointed out this is not going to happen that people will leave, that it feels less like a monetization system and more like a racket, they do not seems to agree...

I give this game 2 patches, if maintenance is still crippling by then I'll move to Cloud Pirates permanently.

Admiral: "What is best in Dreadnought!"
Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"
Admiral: "That is good! That is good!"

May 23, 2017, 2:57 a.m.

Being a new player it really makes me wonder if it's worth staying... with all these issues that the community is vocal about, but the developers just ignore.
And I'm pretty sure a lot of new players feel the same, so if your (Greybox) goal is to kill the game, you're on the right path...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

May 23, 2017, 8:55 a.m.

HepTagoN#7086 posted [(#post-121316)](/dreadnought
Dont even try grinding dola. After you unlock all modules required to get koschei you need very huge (for new player) amounts of credits and experience.

Yeah okay, how much does the Koschei, or any tier 4 ship actually costs?
Stupid UI won't tell me until it's unlocked by griding the Dola, and the game's Wiki is awfully outdated as well...

May 23, 2017, 9:36 a.m.

65k XP + 100k Credits for a direct upgrade (Dola > Blud) or 75k XP and 95k credits for a side-grade (Dola > Koschei)

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

May 23, 2017, 10:17 a.m.

Updated //
May 23, 2017, 10:20 a.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-121389)

65k XP + 100k Credits for a direct upgrade (Dola > Blud) or 75k XP and 95k credits for a side-grade (Dola > Koschei)

tyvm... that's sick... I expected something like double the cost of a tier 3, but not 4 times as much... What on earth even justifies this? Certainly not the maintenace costs...

May 23, 2017, 10:34 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-121350)

Being a new player it really makes me wonder if it's worth staying... with all these issues that the community is vocal about, but the developers just ignore.

Sound question. Some bugs, especially warp bug and maintenance for nothing can destroy good mood and half of mechanic is incredibly stupid... but i have to admit flying my vindicta is fun.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-121400)

tyvm... that's sick... I expected something like double the cost of a tier 3, but not 4 times as much... What on earth even justifies this?

Devs dont wanna get all ships unlocked after 1 week. Prices are ok provided there would be no maintenance or at least fee >= income. IMO. That is, if you play fine ship. If you have to grind using some broken one - then its just unreachable indeed. Fortunately i had to grind corvette to get vindicta.

May 23, 2017, 10:39 a.m.

Updated //
May 23, 2017, 10:40 a.m.

I unlocked my Koschei last night and I agree, the Dola sucks donkey b**ls. Honestly grinding out the xp for the officer briefing and the ship have been by far, the worst part of playing this game. (Bearing in mind I first started playing back in closed beta and recently returned.) The Dola upclose with a pocket healer melts faces but anything over 1km you might as well be urinating into the wind... (Let's not forget, you don't bother upgrading a ship that you're only using to unlock another. That's a waste of xp/credits which makes things so much harder ofc.)

Also first game with my new healer and the enemy team had six, yes SIX Corvettes. We had a ton of Dreads and Destroyers that wouldn't swap so I tried to keep them up. We lost 100-16 and I got charged like 1.2k or something stupid for the maintenance fee. (Also noted that I get charged an increased amount, even if I don't use my T4 in a match...)

Oh well, back to Recruit to seal club for money... Won 100-8 with a K/D ratio of 16-0 as a Corvette and the other team was notably upset. I feel bad for the new players I was up against but I need lots of money from fast matches.

So all in all, I'm unhappy as I get charged for losing which puts me further back from progressing and new players are unhappy because I curbstomp them to grind money... Still see no point in having maintenance fees. I'll never buy money/elite status when I can happily crush newbs for cash.

Also a side note: Been playing with a mate of mine. He finally gets two T3 ships and decides to come up to Vet matches with me. We get owned badly and he comes last as he's in a new ship and the enemy team have +4 more T4's then we do. Then he can't play another match because of maintenance fees which I then have to explain to him. He replies "Whats the point? I'll just stick to Recruit where it's balanced and I don't get screwed over for losing." I struggle to get him to play Vet matches now... smile

Maintenance fees need to be scrapped ASAP and matchmaker needs to hard cap T4's on Vet teams so they match or be more rigorous in matching teams. Or... Buff T3's so they don't suck so badly vs T4.

Funny/Painful story: Had one game where two enemy T4 players were squaded using voice comms (I asked and they confirmed), both using the Invictus (I think). Well, lets just say I've never seen a team elimination game end in less than two minutes due to coordinated multi-nukes... One volley, seven kills... Ouch!

May 23, 2017, 5:09 p.m.

Updated //
May 25, 2017, 5:12 p.m.

Don't worry - it gets better.

When you have a full T4 fleet you'll be going up against T5 players, and the maintenance costs jump into the 2000+ ranges.

Awesome, right?

No?

Yeah, this has been one of the biggest issues with Progression 2.0 since it started, and Greybox have been very clear about their intent to not fix it. Good luck making them realise what a failure it is, though. I've basically given up at this point. I can recommend Fractured Space, Cloud Pirates, and Galactic Junk League, though.

EDIT: They're not just scaring away NEW players, they're scaring away the established fanbase they should have been getting word of mouth advertising from, and those players are actively advertising for people NOT to bother playing the game.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 23, 2017, 10:42 p.m.

Huh, sounds like the best way to play is to do what people do in recruit to not match veterans, keep one ship in the hangar that can't fit into a higher ranking match. (Keep a T3 to prevent facing legendary fleets)

May 23, 2017, 11:11 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-121326)

Why isn't the progression system like: "max out any tier 2 ship of a vendor to be able to buy any tier 3 ship from that same vendor" ? So people would still need to progress through tiers but wouldn't be forced to play ships that they hate.
Continuing on that thought, if you have to play a ship that you hate you generally underperform with it, which leads you to earn less credits and face maintenance costs more... which makes that hated grind even worse... Remind me again, are they creating a computer game here, or a new torture tool?

You are not forced to play ships that you hate, you are not forced to buy them! But you need to research them, to move forward. So what's the problem?

I am the wolf in the shadows night, Warrior of a dying light, Death to the drowning fright, Soldier of this endless fight.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.