FORUMS

Great job at scaring away new players!

Posted: //
May 23, 2017, 11:34 p.m.

tyrel it is a close range brawler. power to shield, and a energy generator is a good setup with it to let you run shields for extended period of time.

weapon pulse will also help you chew threw enemies when you get in close. and having that energy gen will let you power to weapons all u want if u wanta go ham while your dread is taking fire for you.

its slow, its bulky, and its god awful easy to shoot from a distance. use cover, and only pop up when your ready to full on alpha your target.

May 24, 2017, 12:26 a.m.

tyrel, when I first got the Vigo (actually for a good while after getting it) I cursed the screen and lamented at how terrible the ship is. That's at T4 which costs 65k XP and 100k coins. I was angry!

Now it is my favourite ship because I have learned it's strengths and weaknesses.

You need to put time into becoming a veteran. Just having a veteran ship doesn't make you a veteran captain.

May 24, 2017, 4:27 a.m.

Hell_rabbit#0438 posted (#post-121505)
You are not forced to play ships that you hate, you are not forced to buy them! But you need to research them, to move forward. So what's the problem?

You mean I should spend about 3000 Gold (if my calculations are correct) to skip the Dola? What's that, like 30-40$? Yep, NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

May 24, 2017, 4:30 a.m.

Updated //
May 24, 2017, 4:32 a.m.

Richard Rahl#8784 posted (#post-121513)

tyrel it is a close range brawler. power to shield, and a energy generator is a good setup with it to let you run shields for extended period of time.

That's exactly what I do, but I still hate the Dola. Dreadnoughts are so much better at everything the Dola "can" do, it's ridiculous.

Back on topic I probably would be able to get trough the grind with the Dola, if the stupid maintenance costs wouldn't hamper it all...

May 24, 2017, 4:36 a.m.

May 24, 2017, 2:48 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-121552)

Richard Rahl#8784 posted (#post-121513)

That's exactly what I do, but I still hate the Dola. Dreadnoughts are so much better at everything the Dola "can" do, it's ridiculous.

Back on topic I probably would be able to get trough the grind with the Dola, if the stupid maintenance costs wouldn't hamper it all...

with respect your wrong. destroyers have amazing shields. 75% which beats the dreads and their armor pulse. the only thing dreads have on the destroyer is not losing scaling power for damage and armor amp. destroyers with energy gen can keep their shields up for extensive periods and easily counter any loss of power to shield damage. you can also setup a torp salvo with tempest, or drain and goliath setup and do more than enough damage. when i saw still flying my dola BEFORE the buff it got a month or more back, weapon booster, PtW and if i needed it energy gen was more than enough to sink anything that got within 3km of me. if you duno about prebuffed dola it was even less accurate than it is now, meaning even lower dps at any mid-long range. didnt matter if it was a dread or a vet, their all fair game at close range. the only mod i even bought on that ship was the energy gen and that was enough to turn that ship into a respectable short range brawler, either to power my shields longer to outlast the dread, or power my weapons with weapon pulse to drop a curious destroyer/vet.

May 24, 2017, 5:53 p.m.

Don't make me laugh, I'd take down a Dola any time 1v1 with my Nav! (yes, I know it's t2)...

Btw yes, destroyers are generally good, I like the Trafalgar for example, and also have seen the Vindicta in a couple of matches, which actually seems quite OP, ramming everything to oblivion... But the Dola is just a joke... a really bad one.

May 24, 2017, 6:50 p.m.

u know tyrel, id be more than happy to show u how wrong u were if we could just que against one another. if your taking down a dola with a nav then your doing it at long range, and your doing it against a very poor player. the dolas firepower at closer ranges is pretty impressive and will outpreform most if not all the other t3 ships when u throw in PtW and weapon pulse. if you or other players fail to get the dola in close or try shooting at targets from 4+km away, well its ur own fault for making yourself a target, when at that range your only going to peel a little of their paint.

as for your comment on the vindi, its fairly beastly if its ignored, it flies like a vet. still in a straight fight, it vs a vigo, the vigo will crush it every time if both the players are of equal skill level. oh one caviott, if the vindi sneaks up on the vigo and rams them.... well..... gg vigo lol. situational awareness

May 24, 2017, 10:15 p.m.

tyrel, 300k coins costs $20USD. Surely, you can play quite a lot of games for that. You don't lose 100% of the time do you?

May 25, 2017, 3:01 a.m.

Richard Rahl#8784 posted (#post-121697)
if you or other players fail to get the dola in close or try shooting at targets from 4+km away, well its ur own fault for making yourself a target, when at that range your only going to peel a little of their paint.

This is exactly the problem with the Dola. I don't know if you realize but there are usually 8v8 players in a match, and it's not up to me to choose the engagement range, because the Dola is slow as fck, and as I have said earlier if you power to engines to counter that, you'll be left without power by the time the real fighting starts (and no, 5 seconds of juice from the energy generator won't save you there). It's not a Corvette, nor a Vindicta. Those can zoom around the map like crazy, having the power to decide when and where the engagement is going to happen. The Dola has no such power.
Since the Dola isn't very tough, cannot cloak or anything like that, and also has serious mobility issues the best you can do is stick with your teammates and healers... which gets you back to square one, since most other ships have weapons that are actually worth a dime and usually tend to engage at 4km - 7km ranges.
There are a few maps where the teams sometimes get into a close range brawl, in those situations the Dola can dish out some damage, I give you that, but it cannot create those situations on its' own and horribly sucks in every other. (and I'd still kill it with a Nav any day, at any range)

Richard Rahl#8784 posted (#post-121697)
as for your comment on the vindi, its fairly beastly if its ignored, it flies like a vet. still in a straight fight, it vs a vigo, the vigo will crush it every time if both the players are of equal skill level. oh one caviott, if the vindi sneaks up on the vigo and rams them.... well..... gg vigo lol. situational awareness

Just yesterday I had a game where a Vindicta rammed most of our team to oblivion, multiple times if I might add, without any issues as he used the engine booster module and a scrambler pulse and got away easily every time. (that ability is stupid as f*ck btw, first time it hit me I thought my graphics card's memory just broke) What was really weird about it is that i started explicitly watching for the guy, and as I was just heading towards their command ship I was watching the minimap for anything heading straight towards me... and I'm there, flying out in the open (back from a respawn) with power to engines, looking straight at the minimap, no reds around me for kilometres... then I just see something flying into my view and boom I'm dead.
Care to explain how the Vindicta got there without showing up on the minimap (I just checked, it has no cloak) and how it insta-killed a 36k HP ship with his Ram that is supposed to do about 20-25k damage? (if I recall correctly)
...and they call 'vettes OP...

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-121719)
tyrel, 300k coins costs $20USD. Surely, you can play quite a lot of games for that. You don't lose 100% of the time do you?

I don't follow, why would I want to buy 300k credits? Or you mean I should buy that beside converting tons of XP to free? Yeah sure, you mean I should spend the price of a full AAA title on an unfinished, buggy game that follows a shameful business model? No. Just no.
I pay real money for finished, quality features, and an exceptional gaming experience, for example Horizon: Zero Dawn is worth every penny and more. In case of MMO games I'm also okay with paying for server maintenance and game lifetime support in terms of a monthly subscription, which in this case translates to the Elite status. That's completely fine. However I'm not ever going to pay to surpass artifical money-walls and cashgrabs, because as soon as such things are in any game, and as soon as you're expected to pay real money to get around them easier it instantly starts feeling like work, like a second job, instead of a game that is supposed to exist for you to enjoy it.

And of course I don't lose 100% of the time...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.