FORUMS

1.7.0: Proving Grounds Feedback Megathread

Posted: //
June 2, 2017, 12:56 a.m.

im excited for the new patch and the updates and all but dang this patch is brutal, failed client transport thing every 2 minutes (sadly i mean literally not an exaggeration) and to top that been downloading this patch for upwards of 9 hours, and it still says i have 2 days to go on the patch, it fluctuates down to like 14 hours then right back up to 2 days. My pc and internet are no slouch ether, got a 1500$ rig and gigabit internet. Anything i can do to improve this download or am i going to be out doing anything on my computer for a day or two?

June 2, 2017, 3:39 a.m.

Updated //
June 2, 2017, 3:45 a.m.

Really disappointed that you've rolled out yet another patch without fixing any of the major errors in the game, I understand that you didn't have enough time to fix the numerous different types of crashes and maintenance issues before you released this, but what I don't understand is why you didn't just hold back the release of 1.7 till you had?

All you've succeeded to do is make it look like you're more interested in adding new items to the store, rather than making this game fully playable and keeping the existing player base you already have....please don't go the same way as EA, you've been so much better than that so far.

June 2, 2017, 3:46 a.m.

Updated //
June 2, 2017, 3:49 a.m.

I don't really post in forums much but I just noticed the update and am currently downloading it.

For a free BETA release, I see a lot of complaining about issues that take a while to work through, doesn't make sense to me. I appreciate the fact alone that the devs are implementing updates to add content while working on some larger issues that are mentioned. Personally, I would prefer waiting a little longer for solid fixes and receiving content/patches in the meantime to remain engaged. Not only is this quite a solid game especially for a Beta, but it is free. If you want perfection, wait for a finished build to play. I understand donating money towards development (whether it's in game or not) and players want to see what the money is going towards but if it is that big of a deal to you, then wait.

People complaining about their systems crashing and wasting time and progress.... "BETA"

If you have to restart your entire computer rather than restart the game when it glitches, try googling how to force close a game. I've played this for some time now and have yet to have one real crash.

This patch appears to have worked on some of the smaller extremely annoying glitches, that alone is great. Along with a new map.... playing the same few maps over and over again I'm super excited to try out the new one. Even if by some chance I despise it I'll enjoy playing it for the variety and I look forward to other maps yet to be released.

I could go on and ramble about some of the comments I'm reading and how the larger portion of them appear so the world owes me everything, perfect, and right now but people there is nothing you can do for people with that mindset.

That being said, like I mentioned, I have yet to play the new release but while shortly... and am really looking forward to experiencing it along with whatever new glitches come with it.

To the Devs: HUGE THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK & EFFORT YOU HAVE AND CONTINUE TO PUT INTO THIS!!!!

June 2, 2017, 3:51 a.m.

I don't really post in forums much but I just noticed the update and am currently downloading it.

For a free BETA release, I see a lot of complaining about issues that take a while to work through, doesn't make sense to me. I appreciate the fact alone that the devs are implementing updates to add content while working on some larger issues that are mentioned. Personally, I would prefer waiting a little longer for solid fixes and receiving content/patches in the meantime to remain engaged. Not only is this quite a solid game especially for a Beta, but it is free. If you want perfection, wait for a finished build to play. I understand donating money towards development (whether it's in game or not) and players want to see what the money is going towards but if it is that big of a deal to you, then wait.

People complaining about their systems crashing and wasting time and progress.... "BETA"

If you have to restart your entire computer rather than restart the game when it glitches, try googling how to force close a game. I've played this for some time now and have yet to have one real crash.

This patch appears to have worked on some of the smaller extremely annoying glitches, that alone is great. Along with a new map.... playing the same few maps over and over again I'm super excited to try out the new one. Even if by some chance I despise it I'll enjoy playing it for the variety and I look forward to other maps yet to be released.

I could go on and ramble about some of the comments I'm reading and how the larger portion of them appear so the world owes me everything, perfect, and right now but people there is nothing you can do for people with that mindset.

That being said, like I mentioned, I have yet to play the new release but while shortly... and am really looking forward to experiencing it along with whatever new glitches come with it.

To the Devs: HUGE THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK & EFFORT YOU HAVE AND CONTINUE TO PUT INTO THIS!!!!

June 2, 2017, 3:52 a.m.

June 2, 2017, 4:38 a.m.

Can´t click on tutorial achievements, because the mouse pointer stops as premature if at the end of the screen.

My personal bug is back, where any bigger explosion causes an invert of the mouse-y axis. Might this have something to do with Alt Gr / Left Ctrl being pressed (because that is my custom "move downward" key)?

I don´t like the new Bix voice actor, the old one sounded much cooler.

New tech trees take some getting used to.

Why are some of the most often used menu buttons the smallest on the screen?

June 2, 2017, 4:54 a.m.

Updated //
June 2, 2017, 4:55 a.m.

I like this patch overall.
New map is very pretty, has some great opportunity for flanking or setting an ambush.
Progression system seems very good for motivation of new players, and the Tutorial is now quite improved!
UI updates are visually pleasing. Bix now sounds like Duke Nuke'em however--the SA accent was much nicer! (imo) smile
Still crashing back to hangar in Veteran mode every few matches, costing credits--looking forward to the fix.

Glaive, spear, sword and knife,
Manfully handle, and in other's hands ruin.
--Liechtenenauer's Verses, Von Danzig, 1452

June 2, 2017, 7:18 a.m.

When will missile repeaters work properly?

尊重Respect友善Friendly包容Tolerance理解Understanding 十萬青年十萬肝,GG輪班救台灣

June 2, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

Haven't been able to check out the new patch as the patcher seems to broken. The download throws the transport error for me at about 68% and then seems to go in a loop, maybe downloading 200k or less every 10-20 seconds. I did have one spike of 4mb but after letting it sit an error and not making any real progress, I gave up and went to play a different game. I don't have the kind of free time to watch a game patch for 3 days (which was the estimate on the patcher).

June 2, 2017, 10:10 a.m.

I'm really enjoying it. So glad team elimination is gone. I really found that game mode the lest fun.

Thank you for the free GP, really nice to deck out some of my ships, just with the colours and stuff where account wide, rather than locked to ship line.

Great job so far. Not seen the new map yet, but I'm sure I will.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.