FORUMS

Tactical Cruiser Heal Beams need diminishing returns

Posted: //
June 2, 2017, 3:02 a.m.

Once a team has enough Tac Cruisers, they can mass into a ball and become basically invincible. Maybe in organized play this can be countered but in pub games it just becomes frustrating. Simple solution: multiple repair beams on a target should suffer diminishing returns. 1 Beam - 100% Healrate. 2 Beams - 175% Healrate. 3 Beams - 225% Healrate. And so on. Maybe a mechanic like this already exists? But it's not enough as it stands.

June 2, 2017, 4:24 a.m.

Most definitely agree with you. Got destroyed by the same group back to back. That was their entire strategy

June 2, 2017, 4:57 a.m.

Agreed!

No-skill passive healgroups must be removed!

June 2, 2017, 6:29 a.m.

Single bomb catapult can take out all tac cruisers... instantly. Two nukes can do the same.

As always, you just need a right counter, and that's it.

June 2, 2017, 11:53 a.m.

Updated //
June 2, 2017, 11:57 a.m.

Redwyrm#3695 posted (#post-122872)

Single bomb catapult can take out all tac cruisers... instantly. Two nukes can do the same.

While in theory those counters might work, in practice, once there are 3-4 Tacs they will start moving about which makes those 2 counters highly unreliable. A bigger blast radius on those might help, but nukes are all but useless on some maps even! I would love to have better, more reliable counters to static healballs but I feel that people complained about nukes rather than learn how to play around them.

And even still, there's no real reason to not put diminishing returns on healbeams. It even feels ok narratively, there's surely a point where a ship is regenerating as fast as it can, they're not Wolverine :p

June 2, 2017, 1:38 p.m.

Updated //
June 2, 2017, 1:39 p.m.

SmallKiwi#1726 posted (#post-122915)

While in theory those counters might work, in practice, once there are 3-4 Tacs they will start moving about which makes those 2 counters highly unreliable. A bigger blast radius on those might help, but nukes are all but useless on some maps even! I would love to have better, more reliable counters to static healballs but I feel that people complained about nukes rather than learn how to play around them.

And even still, there's no real reason to not put diminishing returns on healbeams. It even feels ok narratively, there's surely a point where a ship is regenerating as fast as it can, they're not Wolverine :p

That's not a theory. Yes its not a dumb "one button push", to make bomb catapult viable in such situation you actually need manage to sneak up 4,000m or better even 3,000m close to their nest. Often you actually ended up dead, not been able get back to cover in time. But if you actually managed to kill 3 tacs that way - it very good trade.
Its actually hard to see when sniper launching his bombs, and same hard to see them flying.
Works even better on tier-3, since you can also use 'module amper' officer briefing. And of course also due to current situation where higher tiers always get slower but tankier, its much more common on tier-3+ having 'healers nest'.

June 2, 2017, 2:13 p.m.

Redwyrm#3695 posted (#post-122931)

SmallKiwi#1726 posted (#post-122915)

That's not a theory. Yes its not a dumb "one button push", to make bomb catapult viable in such situation you actually need manage to sneak up 4,000m or better even 3,000m close to their nest. Often you actually ended up dead, not been able get back to cover in time. But if you actually managed to kill 3 tacs that way - it very good trade.
Its actually hard to see when sniper launching his bombs, and same hard to see them flying.
Works even better on tier-3, since you can also use 'module amper' officer briefing. And of course also due to current situation where higher tiers always get slower but tankier, its much more common on tier-3+ having 'healers nest'.

But you just said it, you won't survive. And it MIGHT take out a few ships. Or it might take out none. Whereas the healball is just rolling along with not a care in the world.

June 2, 2017, 10:36 p.m.

Not a bad idea i would support diminished returns on healing. Nothing too severe, would have to take a few patches to get the percentage right. I normally switch to a corvette or arti when they go healing heavy and try and pick them off.

June 2, 2017, 11:42 p.m.

There's multiple mechanics of the game that could be tweaked and fixed. This is one of them and so is the maintenance fees for not being the top three players in the higher tier groups. The higher tier players like yourselves then come down to the lower tier like myself and stomp us with your corvette swarm that can't be beat since you move too fast to get a weapons lock on you. That too isn't fair, but it still gets used!

June 3, 2017, 2:52 p.m.

not a problem for player who owned a nuke dreadnought. they love when enemy stick like a glue

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.