FORUMS

The UI is still terrible.

Posted: //
June 4, 2017, 9:10 a.m.

Updated //
June 4, 2017, 9:11 a.m.

By UI I mean 'the blue stuff on-screen while playing the game.' Map. HUD. Target pips. FoF. Things that help us navigate and assess targets.

"I need healing."
WHO? Who needs healing? If you're partially obscured by a flower, I can't do s--- because the marker won't render and even if it did, it shows up for like 2 seconds and disappears before I can find it.

"We need to regroup."
Again, where? Not only can I not see a marker, but I can't see the people in my own squad! I have to physically aim at every single ship, waiting until their nameplate decides to render. It can take up to 5 seconds per ship. I can't look at the map because squadmates aren't shown and only a small arc of the map even has player pips at all.

Tl;Dr: Navigation and command/awareness in this game is and has been a nightmare. And despite being unusable, it was somehow made worse with the update to the map design. Please, please re-allocate funds from the "make the front-end menu shinier" budget to the "let me actually find my own squadmates with a competent HUD" slush fund.

June 4, 2017, 3:27 p.m.

I second this feedback.
UI-wise, I'd also appreciate better tooltips when hovering on my skills: the windows are way too big and not descriptive enough.

Cheers

June 4, 2017, 4:15 p.m.

The player using commands should be highlighted on the minimap in different colours to visible aid teammates no matter which direction they are facing.

June 6, 2017, 4:02 a.m.

Agreed. Was thinking having squadmate pips/map markers be gold and semi-permanent; if they move out of minimap range, have a small chevron at the edge of the range so you know where they are.

War Thunder handles this somewhat decently by using a static grid map with squadmates permanently displayed as green.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.