FORUMS

Drain torpedos on corbets

Posted: //
June 4, 2017, 11:45 a.m.

Ive been playing a bit, testing all type of ships and i find corbets way too overpowered, recruit fights are random and any ship can be great, but veteran battles with level 3-4 corbets make no sense, a corbet can solo kill a destructor and tank all its dmg with the drain torpedo, a full round of flak turrets hit(repeater dps is lower) + autoguns wont even beat the corbet shield, corbets do a lot of damage and can kill people if catched out of guard, but they shouln't be tanky, if a corbet get seriosly hit should instantly die or have to retreat.
I must also say that a veteran game without corbets is very fun, i feel like im in star wars when focusing a dread with massive team fire and enemy healing it, i have played games with crossing fire were nobody dies for 2 or 3 minutes just mantaining the position.

June 4, 2017, 1:27 p.m.

Yeah I have to say Drain torpedo is one of the worst things in the game for me at the moment, regardless of the ship it's on.

Before you unlock a defensive cooldown a typical death goes like this:
1. Invicta speeds nearby.
2. Fires Drain Torpedo.
3. Fires Storm Missiles.
4. Lets loose with some gunfire if they don't instantly retreat. (Enemy death is guaranteed.)
5. Drain Torp hits taking out all energy. (No shields)
6. Missiles hit for 25.5k damage. (Before adding +30% for Weapon Amp briefing.)
7. Almost anything short of a T4 Dreadnought or Heavy Destroyer is dead.

So unless you have nearby cover that is really close or a defensive cooldown, it's unavoidable and a guaranteed death in less than three seconds.

Tanking on a Dreadnought? Bam! There goes all the shield energy. Good luck tanking anything now. Removing Drain Torps would at least increase time to kill giving the opponent some chance.

June 4, 2017, 1:44 p.m.

Just like that, and the enemy do have a big shield now

June 5, 2017, 12:47 p.m.

Updated //
June 5, 2017, 12:48 p.m.

Maybe not to remove a drain torps but slightly decrease its energy drains ability for this class of ships, e.g. to 50% or 60% max.

I am the wolf in the shadows night, Warrior of a dying light, Death to the drowning fright, Soldier of this endless fight.

June 5, 2017, 7:41 p.m.

Hell_rabbit#0438 posted (#post-123460)

Maybe not to remove a drain torps but slightly decrease its energy drains ability for this class of ships, e.g. to 50% or 60% max.

Maybe, it is good that corbets have a way to engage on a isolated target, without having to wait them to be out of energy, but that shouldn't make the corbet tanky, if the other ship has the skill to react fast he should be able to push the corbet away, at least for dreads and destroyers, you lose your energy and part of your health but the corbet too, and if the corbet decides to stay and is able to avoid your fire and kill you then well played by him

June 6, 2017, 9:51 p.m.

I think its the disparity between the tier 2 and tier 4 ships combined with the massive increases in damage the corvettes get as they increase in tiers. Corvettes in general have been ruining Veteran level play because that's all anyone plays and all anyone really needs to play. I can unload an entire clip of light arty cruiser ammo into one of them, land every shot, and still not even break the corvette shield. Then they fly straight at me, drop a single missile, and kill me in one shot, even through my shields.

Corvettes don't have enough trade-offs for how insanely powerful they are. They need to be as tanky as wet tissue paper. I don't mind them keeping their DPS, but I do mind them being able to make it to me in A STRAIGHT LINE despite unloading on them. They should be required to utilize their stealth/speed mechanics to get close enough to bomb me.

June 7, 2017, 3:29 a.m.

I find running an energy generator in my 4th slot helps out vs drain torps/missiles. Yes, if its on cool down you're in trouble, and if they time their launches perfectly there isn't much you can do, but more often than not it helps.

Regarding vettes being OP, that's been discussed the death elsewhere on the boards.....

June 7, 2017, 11:03 a.m.

Updated //
June 7, 2017, 11:04 a.m.

Evilfish#7290 posted (#post-123674)

I find running an energy generator in my 4th slot helps out vs drain torps/missiles. Yes, if its on cool down you're in trouble, and if they time their launches perfectly there isn't much you can do, but more often than not it helps.

Regarding vettes being OP, that's been discussed the death elsewhere on the boards.....

Yeah but this is the proper place to put input in about those discussions. And it is really annoying when I do vet runs and I have park right next to my dread and attack my healer and I am unloading my guns into it when his shields are up and he manages to kill the healer still and run away before he dies. They shouldn't be able to park near a dread that is rocking secondaries and just unload like that and get away so easily. I mean I get I was in a II and it was a III maybe IV but it was just stupid how he could eat my dps with his shields up and then blink away after killing the healer then come back for me and do the same thing once he healed up.

June 7, 2017, 11:05 a.m.

Updated //
June 7, 2017, 11:05 a.m.

Yeah but this is the proper place to put input in about those discussions. And it is really annoying when I do get stuck into vet runs and I have one park right next to my dread and attack my healer and I am unloading my guns into it when his shields are up and he manages to kill the healer still and run away before he dies. They shouldn't be able to park near a dread that is rocking secondaries and just unload like that and get away so easily. I mean I get I was in a II and it was a III maybe IV but it was just stupid how he could eat my dps with his shields up and then blink away after killing the healer then come back for me and do the same thing once he healed up.

June 7, 2017, 11:59 a.m.

Problem is corvette shield blocks 100% of damage - no other shield can do this. Nerf shields from 100% to 75% and maybe corvettes will not be sitting under fire from 3 ships and get away safely.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.