FORUMS

Drain torpedos on corbets

Posted: //
June 7, 2017, 12:37 p.m.

Vindicator#5138 posted (#post-123726)

Problem is corvette shield blocks 100% of damage - no other >shield can do this. Nerf shields from 100% to 75% and maybe >corvettes will not be sitting under fire from 3 ships and get >away safely.

Totally agree. Even artillery cruisers have only 75%.

I am the wolf in the shadows night, Warrior of a dying light, Death to the drowning fright, Soldier of this endless fight.

June 7, 2017, 12:46 p.m.

Problem is corvette shield blocks 100% of damage - no other shield can do this. Nerf shields from 100% to 75% and maybe corvettes will not be sitting under fire from 3 ships and get away safely.

Corvette shields are like that because their health pool is so low and they usually don't activate shields until they're already almost dead, as putting energy to engines is absolutely vital and shields are a last-ditch option when engines can't carry them to safety. If they were at 75%, then most of the time a Vette would get shot to ~3000 health or so, activate shields, and then die anyway with shields still up. Their shields are intended to buy them just enough time to GTFO with modules, as they sap energy like crazy and can only save you for a few seconds. I think a reduction to 95% would be good for balance, but any lower than that and you'd have to up their health.

Make The Forums Great Again!

June 7, 2017, 12:55 p.m.

Little Miss Sunshine#7845 posted (#post-123735)

Problem is corvette shield blocks 100% of damage - no other shield can do this. Nerf shields from 100% to 75% and maybe corvettes will not be sitting under fire from 3 ships and get away safely.

Corvette shields are like that because their health pool is so >low and they usually don't activate shields until they're already >almost dead, as putting energy to engines is absolutely vital >and shields are a last-ditch option when engines can't carry >them to safety. If they were at 75%, then most of the time a >Vette would get shot to ~3000 health or so, activate shields, >and then die anyway with shields still up. Their shields are >intended to buy them just enough time to GTFO with modules, >as they sap energy like crazy and can only save you for a few >seconds. I think a reduction to 95% would be good for balance, >but any lower than that and you'd have to up their health.

Corvettes health is almost equivalent to artillery cruiser's health, but corvettes has enough maneuverability to avoid fire. Lower shield absorbation to 95% is not enough, 75% or 80% - would be nice.

I am the wolf in the shadows night, Warrior of a dying light, Death to the drowning fright, Soldier of this endless fight.

June 7, 2017, 1:11 p.m.

Hell_rabbit#0438 posted (#post-123737)

Corvettes health is almost equivalent to artillery cruiser's health, but corvettes has enough maneuverability to avoid fire. Lower shield absorbation to 95% is not enough, 75% or 80% - would be nice.

Artillery Cruisers also rely on distance to protect them, while Corvettes only have their speed and shields. Nerfing Vette shields that much would practically make them useless, as they would ONLY be able to fight targets one-on-one, and even then it'd be sketchy. The goal of a Corvette is to both pick off Artillery Cruisers (they have no other reliable counter as they sit 6000 meters away and have extreme damage potential) and to harass enemy clusters by going in, dropping damage, shielding up, and getting out ASAP. If the shields didn't have at least 95% blocking ability, Corvettes would be completely unable to do the latter job and so would have almost no versatility as a class. There are already tons of counters to Corvettes out there, such as any Stasis effect, flak guns, amped up Tac Cruiser beams, accurate Arty fire, and Dreadnought broadsides.

June 7, 2017, 1:39 p.m.

I'm not going to quote you all, but if i do this post is because vettes shields doent's last for just a few seconds, it last forever with the drain torpedo so they can tank any amount of fire the enough time to get the kill

June 7, 2017, 1:56 p.m.

Little Miss Sunshine#7845 posted (#post-123739)

Artillery Cruisers also rely on distance to protect them, while Corvettes only have their speed and shields. Nerfing Vette shields that much would practically make them useless, as they would ONLY be able to fight targets one-on-one, and even then it'd be sketchy. The goal of a Corvette is to both pick off Artillery Cruisers (they have no other reliable counter as they sit 6000 meters away and have extreme damage potential) and to harass enemy clusters by going in, dropping damage, shielding up, and getting out ASAP. If the shields didn't have at least 95% blocking ability, Corvettes would be completely unable to do the latter job and so would have almost no versatility as a class. There are already tons of counters to Corvettes out there, such as any Stasis effect, flak guns, amped up Tac Cruiser beams, accurate Arty fire, and Dreadnought broadsides.

Dreadnought broadsides, accurate Arty fire i can avoid even at destroyer and i could definitely say that it can't scare a good corvette pilot. Tactical cruiser beams - is dangerous even for destroyers and it's overpowered at distance in my own opinion.
Corvettes with shields up could fly around enemy fleet without any problems and corvettes have enough maneuverability to hide from the fire and regenerate energy for second encounter.

June 7, 2017, 2:19 p.m.

I've given my two cents on the issue so I'm going to leave it there- I don't have anything else to say that hasn't been said. Just note that I have a lot of playtime on this game across all classes, and I know how both play and deal with Corvettes well- I'm not just talking out of my you-know-where.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.