FORUMS

Aiming the giant space gun

Posted: //
June 6, 2017, 4:24 p.m.

Hey guys noob here and I need some help.

How the heck do you hit anything with an arty? Even when I'm right on them and they're immobile I miss! No damage tick or any indicator that I hit. Reticle is red and everything, yet I'm getting sniped while moving with boost active. What am I doing wrong?

June 6, 2017, 4:28 p.m.

Drayelya#4029 posted (#post-123633)

Hey guys noob here and I need some help.

How the heck do you hit anything with an arty? Even when I'm right on them and they're immobile I miss! No damage tick or any indicator that I hit. Reticle is red and everything, yet I'm getting sniped while moving with boost active. What am I doing wrong?

I had some issues where the reticule turned red although the ship was not in range, so check if its at 7km or less. And make sure there is no dotted line, this means your gun cannot reach the point you aim at or is still moving.

Recruit Engineer

June 6, 2017, 9:17 p.m.

With the exception of the House Oberon artillery, your main gun can only fire in a 90 degree arc in front of the ship. This is the primary factor to consider when shooting. If there's a dotted line coming out of your reticule, then that means the direction your gun is pointing does not line up with the crosshair and you will fire elsewhere.
Secondly, you need to factor in the travel time of the cannon; it's fast, but it's not an instant hit. If the target is moving, shoot where they will be, as opposed to where they are. This is a greater factor for long-range shots (which, all going well, all of yours should be).
Thirdly, some users of the artillery do not realize that you can zoom in. I'm not sure about PS4, but I know that on PC it's right click by default. Zooming in makes it a heck of a lot easier to hit distant targets.

June 7, 2017, 12:15 a.m.

Wow yeah the aim feature helps a lot. L2 for those wondering. Thanks both of you guys. Now I just have to watch for corvettes.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.