FORUMS

Some newbie strange balance qustions

Posted: //
June 7, 2017, 9:48 a.m.

Hi captains, at last I brought two t4 ships and got access to legendary fleets, so I have several questions:
1. I tried to launch legendary matchmaking, but all my attempts were unsuccessful, instead I got legendary maintenance fee in T2-T4 match. Was it intended, where to find t4-t5 fights?
2. Using Mines in t4 tacs - is it intended to hit yourself (Nuke mines/drain mines), even if it's triggered by corvette from whom you are so desperately trying to survive?
3. T4 Jupiter Arms Corvette - the amount of burst this ship can pull off is abysmal, I really don't understand how you can survive in t2-t3 destroyer, tacs or arty against it in 1vs1 battle/ in brawl there he is just kills you in 2 seconds and fly away in field full of mines.
4. All secondary weapons(short distance, small clips ) what use for them if corvette have tons of mitigation(small signature, modules for stealth/warp, 100% shield)

June 7, 2017, 10:11 a.m.

Updated //
June 7, 2017, 10:18 a.m.

1. Match making will drop you into the next available match for which your fleet qualifies, and as very few people fly legendary, it dropped you into veteran instead. You end up paying the maintenance for the level your queued for however. My question for you, why on earth do you want to fly a t4 in legendary? You can just fly t4 in vet and enjoy being at the top of the food chain.

2. Yes you hurt yourself with AOE weapons but not your allies. I drop my nuke mines a little distance away on the route I think the vette will take so I'm out of the blast. Leaving one near a friendly AC can help them out.

3. I assume you mean the burst damage is really high rather than abysmal? There are loads of vette discussions around, I have some success killing vettes with the tickle beam of my Aion, and the occasional nuke mine. Against a T2 almost any T4 is going to be a problem. Try and avoid being 1v1 versus a Vette smile

4. Flak damage is insane if you can get into range. If you ever find your self very close to an enemy destroyer or dreadnought (because either you or them was sneaky, or warped on top of you) a quick blast from Flak does wonders. Against vettes I haven't had much luck as a good pilot just stays out of range.

June 7, 2017, 10:31 a.m.

Couple things to add.

2- AOE weapons hurt yourself if they blow up after a few seconds of firing them, but not if they blow up immediately. So if you were to drop your nuke mine straight onto a vette, it would blow up without hurting you. If, however, you lay it and sit near it for more than about 3 seconds, it will hit you when it blows. Same goes for such weapons as Goliath Torpedoes and the Bomb Catapult.

3- Yeah it does insane damage but its firing arc is fixed to the front and it is insanely squishy. You need to really keep on your toes with shields or protective modules to survive, but if you can juke it a little, it can't hit you with the main guns. If it's giving you a ton of trouble, take Emergency Evac on a T4 Tac, or Armoured Lockdown. Without a Disruptor Pulse they can't do anything about that. On other ship classes your best bet is to either counter-nuke them (Plasma Broadside=instant death) or shield up and hope it can't kill you. The most important thing, though, is to just try to see them coming before they get into the 1.2km killzone.

4- Secondary weapons are usually just that- secondary. However, they're all useful. A single clip from Destroyer flak guns will instantly kill those light vettes, while Tesla guns can do the job in about 4 seconds- less with weapon boost. Basically, the super-short range guns have great damage output, while others offer low DPS at long range or some balanced damage at medium ranges. Which is most useful usually depends on what your specific ship's primary guns do. Personally, against vettes, I find that the best option is either stasis into burst, plasma broadsides, or using a Tac Cruiser with Beam Amp and Energy Generator to tear them apart quickly. On the Aion, using that setup, you activate the Beam Amp and Energy Gen once you see a vette within ~3km, pump energy to the weapons and laser them down in about 3-5 seconds. The damage you get off that is insane against vettes.

So yeah that's how I deal with Vettes, but a good pilot is very tough to deal with. Against someone who really knows how to fly them, your best case scenario is often you both run low on health and the Vette peels away before you can kill it. Against people like that your best bet is to just try to never be alone and always watch where the enemy goes- Vettes thrive against scattered teams and unaware players.

Make The Forums Great Again!

June 7, 2017, 12:25 p.m.

Updated //
June 7, 2017, 12:26 p.m.

3- use any module with word "stasis" in it. Counter measure to:
- Vettes
- Vindicta (hello its me)
- Rams

Comes in three flavours i think - stasis ammo, stasis pulse, stasis missile

Actualy for vettes its just insta-kill button. Just bought stasis ammo on vindicta. It require to give up thrust amplifier but instead you basically freeze vette (-90% movement speed).

June 7, 2017, 12:40 p.m.

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-123728)

3- use any module with word "stasis" in it. Counter measure to:
- Vettes
- Vindicta (hello its me)
- Rams

Comes in three flavours i think - stasis ammo, stasis pulse, stasis missile

Actualy for vettes its just insta-kill button. Just bought stasis ammo on vindicta. It require to give up thrust amplifier but instead you basically freeze vette (-90% movement speed).

Right I forgot to mention that- I use Stasis Pulse on my Lorica and then Plasma Broadside to insta-kill Vettes. Also works perfectly against Ramdictas lol- they just awkwardly float 1200 meters away with a big flaming bow while I shoot them in the face xD

Make The Forums Great Again!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.