FORUMS

Regarding "Corvettes are OP"

Posted: //
June 8, 2017, 8:03 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 8:12 a.m.

@Dreadpony if irony was your intention state it, cause you went too deep. Hard to tell if you are joking/serious now.

EDIT (Aersdri posted 30s before)

Aersdri#5059 posted (#post-123852)
I have 60 hours at corvette myself, around 30-40 of them are on Stribog. In addition to that - 65 hours on various arties, 55 hours on a dred (50 of which are on Lorica). And may be somewhat 25-30 on various destroyers.

All hail Aersdri for he nearly 1/2 main vette player and still dont jump in defend-mah-ships-thats-pure-skill bandwagon. Very honest of you, Thank you.

Updated //

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-123853)

@Dreadpony if irony was your intention state it, cause you went too deep. Hard to tell if you are joking/serious now.

Im totally serious and trying to be as much objective as I can.

June 8, 2017, 8:18 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 8:19 a.m.

OMG. Forum bug eaten Aersdri post. eh. That was good post. Anti vette post from 1/2 vette player. A diamond amongs those rocks (dreadpony post is cool too :o)

@Dreadpony
I see what u did there ( >.> )

June 8, 2017, 8:28 a.m.

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-123847)

\m/ Hallelujah bros and sis for NERF HAMMER is coming \m/

Doubtful, as it's been here previously.
But should it come to pass rest assured folks will find something "new" to whine about being OP, it is gaming after all...

Glaive, spear, sword and knife,
Manfully handle, and in other's hands ruin.
--Liechtenenauer's Verses, Von Danzig, 1452

June 8, 2017, 8:41 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 8:55 a.m.

I was waiting for that theme for so long!

I actually totally agree with the article author.
Vettes were the last ship class i decided to upgrrade to t4 because of its weakness.
I remember sour hours of grinding through Fulgora to Vindicta.
Then I bought Kreshnik... it was even less usefull than fulgora, because of weak canons with strange trajectory. They shoot above the croshair iat the space maps. If you make ballistoc trajectories, make them for all kinetic weapons then. And manuverability is terrible. Kreshnik was manuvering okay but Stribog is just a flying brick. And it's health doesnt compensate this drawback at all. I can barely make 10 to 15 frags in TDM , and can not bring the team of noobs to victory on my own. Artillery can, for example.

Survivability is another dark side of vettes. Stribog with desperate measures and kinetic armor amp can just hold a couple of storm misile packs and 2-3 plasma broadside barrages, and have no possibility to escape it due to poor manevrability.

Valcour is a fast one, the last ship i bought and i can shurely state i just wasted my 100000 cr.
This little attac drone is nit much more survivable than interceptors. Any mine or broadside fire can easily turn this ship to dust.
Speed is ok, but armir is so weak, i barely can kill a couple of t4 dreadnoughts and survive this.

If we want to make this game REALLY BALANCED, we need to make vettes easier to play for averege player.
Definetely they beed more HP and more manuverability for Stribog and Medusa.
And fix that Stribog guns finally! I just want to shoot the place i pointed the croshair with. Not 2 cm higher.
Also we should make vettes more popular. They are so rear, just like another useless ship - Harwich. You can barely see one or two vettes in 10 games in a row.
Maybe we can give them for free to all players, so everyone can try it from the begining. Let all the branches be open up to t5 and all modules are unlocked and bought.

That changes can really help poor vette players to make use of that ship, and finally win the duel with terribly OP dreadnoughts.

I have played all ship types in this game for now, and i can say, no class is less usefull than corvettes. I hope developers wil listen to our feedback and make vettes playable!

June 8, 2017, 9 a.m.

I really think it's still pretty simple. Disorganization versus organization. A group that works together tends to negate Corvettes. One that doesn't tends to get eaten alive by corvettes.

These numbers represent the player base at large... and honestly most of them still aren't up on the meta. For understandable reasons. It's a long and often risky bet on which modules you should invest in. Once the "best" builds get more popular you may see things shift. It's easy to see why Destroyers rank so well. It's the easiest ship to pick up and play with some fairly straight forward modules. While advanced setups and classes (vindicta) can be game changers.

Basically nearly every game I was involved in I shut down most mundane classes and setups. It took the best builds and people who knew what they were doing to shut me down. Or you know... good ole classic team work. A maxed T4 Akula artillery can lay down some serious hurt and fight off multiple T3s... but if they work together and time it right they'll send it to the scrap heap.

Player education and easier access and or straight up descriptions telling them what works against a corvette would go a long way. In-game mind you. Not some outside guide or forum post as we all know most average folks will never look that deep into this stuff.

I'll end with this. I wont definitively say anything because the meta hasn't settled. Once DN get's in it's groove with a healthy population in each tier with people who know what they are doing we'll have a much better idea.

June 8, 2017, 9:09 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 9:23 a.m.

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-123847)

Would you look at this "pls pls dont nerf mah poor ship" fest. Eheheh.
Amount of effor you put in defending your ship says a lot. About your broken ship AND you as well.
Actualy you might belive in your words, in that case in wouldnt be so bad. Igonrance is leser evil than intended charlantry.

Etc. etc.

There's a difference between saying "don't nerf my ship" and having enough experience to know whether or no it is overpowered. I have about 20 hours playtime on each class with ~40 on Dreadnoughts, and run at a 4.5/1 K/D ratio. I do no better in Vettes than I do on any other class unless the enemy team has too much Arty for their own good; if anything I do better in a facetanking Lorica than I do in my Vette. So if I can run a 19/0 game in each of the ship classes, and do so with about the same frequency in each, does that mean they're all OP? No, it just means that this game is about SKILL.

The reason people can't deal with Vettes is that they don't build for it and don't practice their aim and are also not attentive, not because they're inherently overpowered. Anyone with the right build is going to instantly kill Vettes, no questions asked. Mines, well aimed Arty, literally any status effect, all lethal. My Lorica runs Stasis Pulse which is basically a death sentence to any Vette within 2km, and there are plenty of other modules out there that have similar results. Point being there are plenty of ways to kill Vettes; if you either don't bother to use them or aren't skilled enough to do it successfully, then that's on you. Either make a new build or practice more, but anyone who has a wide range of experience in this game can tell you Vettes are no more or less powerful than any other ship when used correctly.

Also,
- Vettes are far from unhittable even with ping. I hit them all the time with the Lorica, Arty, Vindicta, and especially Tac Cruisers.
- They have no "tanking aspects" beyond about 3 seconds of 100% block which they can use to GTFO when things go wrong. Without that, they'd be worthless because they'd have absolutely no way out.
- Not only is 1.2km not "much bigger" than 800m, but if a Vette wants to stay out of that range while shooting a Destroyer, they have to either stay still at that range or slowly and awkwardly steer around it, which leaves them incredibly vulnerable.
- If auto-aim were 100% reliable then Vettes would be absolutely pointless. It's there to help hit slowly drifting targets whose movements you can't honestly see well, not to do the work for you.

Finally, if you're going to argue with someone who clearly has a good idea what they're saying and says it coherently, the least you could do is try to accurately represent what that person said, not just call their data BS and then go on in half-structured sentences about why they're somehow evil. And don't put words in their mouths- Spork never once said Destroyers are OP and need a nerf, only that they are quite strong and an effective counter to Vettes which may need a bit more attention. And I agree- ever notice how the second you pull up a Destroyer with Storm Missiles you instantly win games? Because most other people have. Anyway, that's another rant for another day. I've made just about every point about the issue that I have to make so if you're just going to yell that I'm an evil liar of something then go nuts- you won't likely get a response.

Also wow. A lot of people put out posts in the time it took me to write this lol

Make The Forums Great Again!

June 8, 2017, 9:10 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 9:12 a.m.

It was a very important thing to say! Players should cooperate, work together, develop tactics, and use only appropriate modules to counter one corvette, not shoot packs of them with pushing just one button, like they do now.

June 8, 2017, 9:14 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 10:03 a.m.

I'm totally agree with that in every aspect. Corvettes aren't OP, they are actually very underpowered in compare to other ships of same tier.
I mean, it takes a lots of skill to put out a significant influence in the battle for a corvette. Besides, there are lots of modules and weapons that can bring oneshot death to any corvette, like mines and artillery guns, which are very easy to handle.
Here I totally agree with dreadpony. Vettes aren't OP. It maybe seems like this when a good Captain Plays them, but when the enemys are just a bit experienced with vette countering they're the wakest and worst ships in the match.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

June 8, 2017, 9:32 a.m.

I totally agree that teamwork is essential to this game, especially when it comes to killing Vettes (and also healers).

Another point I forgot to make is that a lot of players in this game right now are new to the open beta, and if there's one thing Vettes are good at it's killing newbies. I think that with a bit of time, Vettes are going to fall off a bit as the playerbase gets better and learns how to deal with them.

Make The Forums Great Again!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.