FORUMS

Regarding "Corvettes are OP"

Posted: //
June 8, 2017, 9:39 a.m.

Yeah! 3 players cooperated in voice chat with specialized setups can counter one or even two skillfull vette players!!!
No players should be allowd to use voice coordination, or they will spoil all game balance and vette player wont be able to make a single frag.

June 8, 2017, 9:49 a.m.

Little Miss Sunshine#7845 posted (#post-123864)

this game is about SKILL.

Oh yeah baby. tell me more about your skill.
Love to hear that with my humble 160 game hours.

Whg are you so worried. Vettes are not OP at all. Soon developers will fiz this imbalanced game and buff vettes a little. I hope so.
And they will shurely delete purge beams and nuke mines.
And if you can annihilate anything with just bought Valcour, but you can not conteract this vette with Harwich, or it requires team coordination and special setups....its just the SKILL baby. Just the skill....

June 8, 2017, 10:04 a.m.

I'm totally agree with that in every aspect. Corvettes aren't OP, they are actually very underpowered in compare to other ships of same tier.
I mean, it takes a lots of skill to put out a significant influence in the battle for a corvette. Besides, there are lots of modules and weapons that can bring oneshot death to any corvette, like mines and artillery guns, which are very easy to handle.
Here I totally agree with dreadpony. Vettes aren't OP. It maybe seems like this when a good Captain Plays them, but when the enemys are just a bit experienced with vette countering they're the wakest and worst ships in the match.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

June 8, 2017, 10:07 a.m.

I cannot take anyone who complains about 'vette balance seriously...

'Vettes are my least played class, because they have too many weaknesses for me. I prefer being able to make a mistake and living to tell about it. I've killed 'vettes in every other ship class, with little issue, and being only an average-above average player myself, should be living proof that it's no major feat to do so.

It's all about awareness, if you know a 'vette is there, it's dead. If it's not dead, then you forgot to use chat commands to tell your team to focus fire when you opened up on the little guy.

The one case I'll allow for 'vettes being even a slight issue in is in the extreme situation of say, an entire 'vette team. Obviously some kind of limit needs to be imposed to prevent any team from being all one class. An entire team of 'vettes or dreads can both be really hard to deal with, but then again, so can turtling with 3x chain healers, and that's actually the most difficult strategy to fight against right now.

So, I'm not trying to say "git gud", but in essence...yeah, yeah I am. Corvettes are not in Recruit nor Veteran the issue, it's just players not understanding how to deal with them. You learn a few tricks, and then a potato/Jutland combo becomes a lot larger pain than a 'vette could ever hope to be.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

June 8, 2017, 10:13 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 10:33 a.m.

I present these as evidence that skill and experience determines success far more than ship class.

I actually took a minute to appreciate your videos, OP. Seriously, good job!
I have 60 hours at corvette myself, around 30-40 of them are on Stribog. In addition to that - 65 hours on various arties, 55 hours on a dred (50 of which are on Lorica). And may be somewhat 25-30 on various destroyers.

Therefore, I can tell you from the point of experience, that you are indeed a VERY skilled corvette pilot.
You literally use 3 MOST SKILL-DEPENDENT mods, that vettes have - Disruptor Pulse, Heavy Cloak, Drain Torp. There's actually 4th - Blast Pulse, but I don't think even you could handle it - it's just too high-skill. No offense.

Which (your ultimate experience and skill, I mean) in turn makes ALL your arguments disconcertingly valid. There's no point arguing with the expert.

A strategy that usually works against unaware players is routinely thwarted by people who stick together and pay attention.

"Vettes get shut down in the high level of play" - a motto to live by.

If someone doesn't believe this is true, here's the EXAMPLE of that particular "High Level of Play" - squad vs squad.
And you just look at the vette stats! Poor guys... Only 2.0 K/D R. And you know, all it took - a coordinated effort of a bunch of people with voice comms, map awareness and ONE specific module. Yes, I'm talking about the most braindead mod in the game, Stasis Pulse.
Though, gladly, it has a cooldown of 30s, so I didn't have it for every vette, that was coming. Otherwise poor guys could have even switched their ships onto something else. BLASPHEMY! Right? Because if you are a dedicated vette player, why in the world should you switch ships?

But seriously though, Stasis Pulse must be nerfed. Pony speaks the truth.

All in all, the most obvious problems with vettes, are:
1) Certain mods are WAY too hard to play. Like Heavy Cloak, Drain Torps and Disruptor Pulse, Blast Pulse. Please buff the radius, speed, or something...
2) Vettes are useless at high-level play. Coordinated effort of the team in squad with voice comms and certain mods (f..ck you Stasis Pulse!!!) shuts them down entirely.

"Hang in there!" (™)

June 8, 2017, 10:24 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 10:27 a.m.

Sardekar#3716 posted (#post-123882)
So, I'm not trying to say "git gud", but in essence...yeah, yeah I am. Corvettes are not in Recruit nor Veteran the issue, it's just players not understanding how to deal with them. You learn a few tricks, and then a potato/Jutland combo becomes a lot larger pain than a 'vette could ever hope to be.

I merely want to add, that corvettes arent just counterable, they are OVERCOUNTERABLE by literally any ingame module and weapon, like no other ship.
Even tac beams, which are no danger to any other ship class, are rays of doom for any corvette leaving to chance to run or outturn them. Actually, with current corvette speed, there is no chance to evade even slowest projectiles ingame, like plazma. And due to low speed, large hitbox and any ship inbuilt aim assist (seriously, devs, was that really necessary?) corvettes are easy targets for any ship of any tier.
That is just wrong by all means. any ship got its strong and weak sides, but it seems that vettes got only weak ones.

June 8, 2017, 10:35 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 10:41 a.m.

Romoro#8983 posted (#post-123874)

Little Miss Sunshine#7845 posted (#post-123864)

this game is about SKILL.

Oh yeah baby. tell me more about your skill.
Love to hear that with my humble 160 game hours.

Whg are you so worried. Vettes are not OP at all. Soon developers will fiz this imbalanced game and buff vettes a little. I hope so.
And they will shurely delete purge beams and nuke mines.
And if you can annihilate anything with just bought Valcour, but you can not conteract this vette with Harwich, or it requires team coordination and special setups....its just the SKILL baby. Just the skill....

I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make (are you being serious or sarcastic? What does that last paragraph even MEAN?) but it's pretty important to know that play time does not equal skill, it equals experience. I have no doubt that there are plenty of people in this game that have been here since the beginning but are still not good at it, and that there are plenty of people just joining who immediately clicked and turned out great. If you have 160 hours playtime and still can't handle Vettes, then you're either wilfully refusing to learn what they're about or you're refusing to change your playstyle to adapt to the threat. Alternatively, if you have 160 hours and still think that Vettes are actually underpowered, then I don't know what to tell you; you're just wrong and there are a thousand players here more than ready to tell you why.

I can tell you that I eat Vettes for breakfast, and when I'm playing my Vette, I eat Arty and Tacs for breakfast. If you know how to play something, you'll usually figure out how to kill it, too.

Also, I find that Corvettes aren't irrelevant at high levels- they just can't do whatever they want like they can against inexperienced players. At high levels you just need to be more cautious as a Vette player and ensure your loadout is about more than just nuking. I play my T3/4 Vettes (across all classes) routinely and do well in all of them- I just play more carefully when I see players who know how to kill me. Corvettes are all about picking your battles- don't dive in wildly and stick to cover and you should be perfectly fine even at high levels. You just might not pull in as many kills per game.

Make The Forums Great Again!

June 8, 2017, 10:46 a.m.

At the end of the day there's no way to accurately assess the balance of Corvettes until the playerbase gets more experienced. There are a lot of newbies out there right now so Vettes do better than they otherwise might, at least those being flown by skilled pilots.

My last note on the issue is that I have no problem killing Corvettes as long as I'm paying attention to them, and that I have no problem performing well in my own Corvettes in the Veteran range. I find them to be all right in terms of balance with the one exception of Drain Torpedoes, which pretty much completely overshadow all other secondaries besides Torpedo Salvo.

Make The Forums Great Again!

June 8, 2017, 11:48 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 1:50 p.m.

I'm totally agree with that in every aspect. Corvettes aren't OP, they are actually very underpowered in compare to other ships of same tier.
I mean, it takes a lots of skill to put out a significant influence in the battle for a corvette. Besides, there are lots of modules and weapons that can bring oneshot death to any corvette, like mines and artillery guns, which are very easy to handle.
Here I totally agree with dreadpony. Vettes aren't OP. It maybe seems like this when a good Captain Plays them, but when the enemys are just a bit experienced with vette countering they're the wakest and worst ships in the match.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

June 8, 2017, 12:10 p.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 12:16 p.m.

dreadpony#0823 posted (#post-123888)

Sardekar#3716 posted (#post-123882)

I merely want to add, that corvettes arent just counterable, they are OVERCOUNTERABLE by literally any ingame module and weapon, like no other ship.
Even tac beams, which are no danger to any other ship class, are rays of doom for any corvette leaving to chance to run or outturn them. Actually, with current corvette speed, there is no chance to evade even slowest projectiles ingame, like plazma. And due to low speed, large hitbox and any ship inbuilt aim assist (seriously, devs, was that really necessary?) corvettes are easy targets for any ship of any tier.
That is just wrong by all means. any ship got its strong and weak sides, but it seems that vettes got only weak ones.

I don't know what vettes you're talking about, but there are vettes that cannot be hit by broadsides when targeted and they simply hit there after burners and jet off. This is at mid proximity. Trying to shoot a fast vette like this is like trying to shoot a fly. You don't need major skills to pilot one, just know how to use the simple strategy of flying up and down constantly and hit your boosters when you see broadsides coming at you. Then warp and keep warping out of range of missiles. Rinse repeat when attacking. Multiple ships can't target them effectively enough and hit them, either with tracking weapons nor lock-ons. How much more for a single ship? It usually takes 3 ships to target and kill one of these effectively when they're moving soo fast. And I've seen squads of 3. That's usually game over for the opposing team.

And no, it's not lag.

And tractor beams are a joke. I used them on these fast vettes. It tags them and yet they keep flying like nothing is happening. Lol. And I've used them at close range. They're useless.

And then there are vettes that can heal themselves like crazy after almost getting destroyed and fly off. Lol. Yeah. Vettes are weak alright.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.