You want to talk about balance issues? you know that first "artillery" cruiser that branches off from the Cerberus tactical cruiser? It's garbage. It's damage is such garbage that it takes multiple magazines to kill a Corvette, it's slow, it gets killed by everything, and the worst part? It's range is trash. It's a flipping artillery cruiser, and I need to get within firing range to shoot at a dreadnought, not that I'd go for a dreadnought, the only ship this thing has a chance of killing is a heavenly damaged corvette. Siege mode is literally the only way to kill anything between sniper class and destroyer, Corvettes can be killed in 1.1 magazines, and just - just don't even bother with dreadnoughts unless they only have 5 HP left, but even with siege mode, you still need to chase down the now heavily damaged ship, who is much faster than you unless it's a dreadnought, and but the time you get withing range he's retreated back to his allies and you get torn apart by his whole team before you can even empty the 30 mags into him needed to get down his last 5 HP. That said, I have some suggestions to make this rubbish ship playable.
1) Increase range: It's a flipping artillery cruiser, but compared to the artillery cruiser you start with, it's rubbish. It's got awful damage and range, The bad damage would be tolerable if could lay down cover fire from across the map. This probably sounds kind of OP, but considering it's already pretty inaccurate, shooting from across the map is really balanced, if you can hit a moving target from across the map, you earned that hit. And yes, I'm aware that the range and damage is to balance out the rapid fire, but the rapid fire is over rated. I'd rather have long range bad damage and rapid fire, low range rapid fire and high damage, or just high range and damage but low fire rate. This thing is called an artillery cruiser, but at the moment it's nothing but a glorified flintlock pistol.
2) increase clock time: Ok, the one thing this ship has going for it is the longer cloak, if you made it so that it got increased damage for 5 seconds if it fires while cloaked, and then de-cloaked, kind of like a hit and run assassin.
3) Increase damage: Snipers are supposed to hit hard from long range, if you aren't going to give the ship long range, at least have the decency to make it hit harder. A bigger magazine would also work.
4) increase speed: Ok, this one makes the most sense for the manufacturer from a lore standpoint. The manufacturer of this ship is supposed to be all about speed. Not armor, not weapons: Speed. They. Are. Speed. But this ship is slow as heck. at least make it fast enough to outrun destroyers with ease.
5) remove it: Ok, I'm gonna be honest, I wouldn't give two shakes about this ship if it weren't the only thing between me and a cool corvette, but I need 20 000 EXP to get that corvette, in this ship, that'll take months. Either that or just days of only playing this game. I don't have that kind of time, especially if my game is going to keep crashing every time I'm about to get a kill. If you aren't going to do something to make this ship worth a darn, just remove it and replace it's spot in the tech tree with the corvette, because grinding for hours on end every day with the star ship equivalent of Majikarp? NOT my idea of fun, and defiantly doesn't make me eager to return to this game, or pay for it when you eventually start selling it.