FORUMS

Why this game called dreadnought not corvettenought?

Posted: //
June 8, 2017, 2:11 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2017, 2:28 a.m.

I am get 2 t4 corvette and in the start it was funny to rekt enemy team , but then it become boring for me. Solo game that rewarding more then teamplay , with the lowest risk. I start feel my self as cheater, and game about BIG Ships become boring-Way to easy- no challange
There is a Video that shows what i mean- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6bwkcO7Jw00
P.S. Sorry for bad english , not my native language.

June 8, 2017, 4:54 a.m.

I had a game similar to that video. Four people went Corvette, I chuckled and switched to Corvette too, then two others did... Seven Corvettes and one Palos for mobile heals. Quickest game I've ever seen. I genuinely felt bad for the other team as they were raging in chat. Think we won 100-8 in less than 10 minutes.

I think the devs need to cap certain classes so you can only have two Corvettes max on a team or something. Even one can swing a battle massively.

June 8, 2017, 5:30 a.m.

Greatheart#0108 posted (#post-123829)

I think the devs need to cap certain classes so you can only have two Corvettes max on a team or something. Even one can swing a battle massively.

This. Definitely this.
I have been running Corvettes primarily for the past few months after a very (very) long stint of entirely avoiding their use.
The one thing I have seen which can skew the balance of almost any match is three or more vettes vs. fewer/less experienced/no vettes. Even two have a strong tendency to wreak havoc.
Can it be fun every now & then? Heck yeah! But it can also serve to demoralize players if done too often.
Most certainly during tier 1 & 2 matches where many players have no idea how to deal with even one vette.
Limiting some classes to two or less would make good sense overall imo--vettes, arty, tacs, and place more focus on a sound team makeup & strategic play.

Glaive, spear, sword and knife,
Manfully handle, and in other's hands ruin.
--Liechtenenauer's Verses, Von Danzig, 1452

June 8, 2017, 6:07 a.m.

I don't have too many issues taking down corvettes on either my Vindicta, Murometz or at least scaring them off with my Blud.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

June 8, 2017, 9:29 a.m.

I'll be honest here- there are a dozen Vette threads out there at the moment so I'd refer to one or more of those. That being said, Vettes do well because people don't build to counter them and don't work together to focus them. I was against a 5 Vette team just yesterday so I just pulled out my Stasis Pulse Lorica and that was the end of it. I normally find that Vette spam is a very easy way to throw games because if just one or two people on the enemy team have anti-Vette builds, your totally boned. It's more of a noob-crusher tactic than anything- I think it will become less useful as the game ages a little bit and players gain more experience.

Make The Forums Great Again!

June 8, 2017, 10:10 a.m.

As has been stated, please see all the other "vette OP" threads for explanations on why 'vettes are actually not OP.

It's like LRMs in MWO, it sorts the newbs from the experienced players. Once you stop complaining about 'vettes, it means you've started to learn the game.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

June 8, 2017, 11:50 p.m.

Sardekar#3716 posted (#post-123883)

Once you stop complaining about 'vettes, it means you've started to learn the game.
I like this quote...
At first I thought vette =OP,
but now, I think vette is not that OP.
For example, choose Palos and send out a plasma pod to damage her or tracting beam pod to force her to stay longer.

June 9, 2017, 1:01 a.m.

Vettes are a bit OP, not too much, but not too bad. But the OP is right, the game COMPLETELY REVOLVES around the Vette players and how to counter them. It really is CORVETTE: THE VIDEO GAME.

I personally would like to see all defensive mods stripped from the Vette trees, and have their HP cut in half or so. Then they'd be in a good place.

He's a fully integrated, multi-fetish artificial being. And the best part......IS THAT HE'S LEARNING.

June 9, 2017, 3:54 a.m.

Updated //
June 9, 2017, 3:55 a.m.

Sardekar#3716 posted (#post-123883)
Once you stop complaining about 'vettes, it means you've started to learn the game.
/sign
P.S. just to teach something - pressing TAB in the Orbit screen shows you the enemy team. Dreadnough, artillery and corvette have always the same characteristics. Only destroyer and tac cruiser are more flexible.

Game developers always do the right thing - after the management tried all other possibilities beforehand

June 9, 2017, 3:56 a.m.

This forum drives me crazy. The technique must be from the 19th century. Please devs, upgrade to present!

Game developers always do the right thing - after the management tried all other possibilities beforehand

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.