FORUMS

Why this game called dreadnought not corvettenought?

Posted: //
June 9, 2017, 10:17 p.m.

Updated //
June 9, 2017, 10:28 p.m.

Warthain, while I agree that Corvettes are mostly effective against less skilled players, being ridiculously cocky and condescending isn't the way to handle things. If you're just going to come on here to badmouth other players because you're just so much better than them, then you probably shouldn't be on the forums. This game has a high skill cap and a large population of inexperience players, so the skill gap is extremely large right now and that is likely skewing the performance of Corvettes, especially in Recruit matches.

So some ACTUAL advice for people struggling with Corvettes. Every class has a Stasis option (at least by T4, and most by T3), which are all practically instant-death options to Vettes. Using these well is probably the easiest way to deal with the issue- I use Stasis Pulse on my Lorica and Plasma Broadsides to instantly kill any Vette that gets within 2km of me, almost no questions asked. There are other build options (mines and pulse modules can be very effective), but adapting your build specifically to kill Corvettes is honestly the secondary option.

The first thing you should do is try to improve your situational awareness- keen observation of the map is always important, as is listening for allies calling for help or backup. If you hear a call like that always look to your back line for a Vette behind you or attacking your allies, and also just check your sides and rear once in a while when you're not in combat. Most ships can kill a Corvette if they see them coming from a few klicks out. If you're playing a Tactical Cruiser, know that you can actually tear a Vette to shreds if you pump power to your weapons, especially with a Beam Amp, so don't be afraid to turn your beam on that cheeky nugget? (SO MANY WORDS ARE CENSORED THAT NUGGET WAS ALL I COULD THINK OF).

If you try all of that, if you truly feel that you cannot improve your anti-Vette gameplay any more, if you feel COMPLETELY helpless after trying everything you could think of, THEN you should come to the forums and make your concerns heard. But until you've tried your hardest to counter the issue, then coming here and complaining isn't helping your issue- it's falsely representing game balance issues that may or may not even exist.

Hopefully someone out there finds this advice helpful- it is my opinion that Vettes are in a pretty good place right now, they are just very punishing for less experienced players to both play as and against.

Make The Forums Great Again!

June 9, 2017, 10:30 p.m.

Warthain, while I agree that Corvettes are mostly effective against less skilled players, being ridiculously cocky and condescending isn't the way to handle things. If you're just going to come on here to badmouth other players because you're just so much better than them, then you probably shouldn't be on the forums. This game has a high skill cap and a large population of inexperience players, so the skill gap is extremely large right now and that is likely skewing the performance of Corvettes, especially in Recruit matches.

So some ACTUAL advice for people struggling with Corvettes. Every class has a Stasis option (at least by T4, and most by T3), which are all practically instant-death options to Vettes. Using these well is probably the easiest way to deal with the issue- I use Stasis Pulse on my Lorica and Plasma Broadsides to instantly kill any Vette that gets within 2km of me, almost no questions asked. There are other build options (mines and pulse modules can be very effective), but adapting your build specifically to kill Corvettes is honestly the secondary option.

The first thing you should do is try to improve your situational awareness- keen observation of the map is always important, as is listening for allies calling for help or backup. If you hear a call like that always look to your back line for a Vette behind you or attacking your allies, and also just check your sides and rear once in a while when you're not in combat. Most ships can kill a Corvette if they see them coming from a few klicks out. If you're playing a Tactical Cruiser, know that you can actually tear a Vette to shreds if you pump power to your weapons, especially with a Beam Amp, so don't be afraid to turn your beam on that cheeky nugget? (SO MANY WORDS ARE CENSORED THAT NUGGET WAS ALL I COULD THINK OF).

If you try all of that, if you truly feel that you cannot improve your anti-Vette gameplay any more, if you feel COMPLETELY helpless after trying everything you could think of, THEN you should come to the forums and make your concerns heard. But until you've tried your hardest to counter the issue, then coming here and complaining isn't helping your issue- it's falsely representing game balance issues that may or may not even exist.

Hopefully someone out there finds this advice helpful- it is my opinion that Vettes are in a pretty good place right now, they are just very punishing for less experienced players to both play as and against.

(My posts keep getting deleted and I don't know why. If you edit it too many times just it just trash it? Every time I see a typo I feel compelled to fix it and eventually it just vanishes lol)

Make The Forums Great Again!

June 9, 2017, 11:16 p.m.

SOS-Warthain#2068 posted (#post-124172)

FISTER ROBOTO#2889 posted (#post-124020)

Vettes are a bit OP, not too much, but not too bad. But the OP is right, the game COMPLETELY REVOLVES around the Vette players and how to counter them. It really is CORVETTE: THE VIDEO GAME.

I personally would like to see all defensive mods stripped from the Vette trees, and have their HP cut in half or so. Then they'd be in a good place.

and yet you play them and you are terribly bad with them... lol, one of the worst i've ever seen in a corvette ... guess that op ship isn't meant for all...
SOS-Warthain#2068 posted (#post-124174)

im warthain youll mostly see me main a vette, a valcour light, most of you hate me for it, but truth is, when i main a destroyer or a arti, you hate me regardless, because i will still do my 15 kill average, with other ships, why? simply, because you guys are that bad at the game...

Most of you cant even handle a proper destroyer or artillery player, let alone a corvette, you guys miss the basics, use brute force builds with pure damage only, no counters, what you expect, win fights? Seriously you believe are good ? Most of you guys are just fodder for the enemy team... carried by the veteran players to victory, you don't know how spec your ships and come here complain because someone feed points over and over on you... be it counter strike be it unreal tournament or dreadnought there will always be people that think they are good, blame the loss on other people or cheats, but the reality is , most of you are average or bellow average and most will never even get to be decent or good without working hard on your skills and ability loadouts... you think you can pick up a game and be instantly good? cry me a river, put some effort into it and git gud scrubs... and go play corvette, ill be sure to make you see how bad you suck at it, even though you do good scores farming noobs

LOL this guy is MAD! Must be roids' or something. Maybe oxygen loss due to auto-erotic asphyxiation? The world may never know.

He's a fully integrated, multi-fetish artificial being. And the best part......IS THAT HE'S LEARNING.

June 9, 2017, 11:19 p.m.

Updated //
June 9, 2017, 11:33 p.m.

Spork#2479 posted (#post-124153)
Absolutely, and I'd like to not be on the receiving end of a nerf because people either can't or won't learn how to defeat them. I'm not hiding any agendas, you can see my whole argument here: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/65104/

After having my main (Koschei) nerfed because 95+% of people don't realize that purge or drain+disrupt turns me into a helpless lump of metal for 10s that can die in about 1-3 (depending on what gets thrown against it), I am somewhat in agreement. I personally wouldn't mind a nerf to corvettes, but nor do I advocate for one as I know that they are in a pretty good spot as it is.

The problem really is not that corvettes are OP, it's that players are UP. Any ship can generate crazy scores if in the hands of a skilled pilot against a team taking no action to shut them down; likewise, even a competent player in any ship will be doing stuff all if they run up against a team actively trying to bring them down.

June 9, 2017, 11:43 p.m.

In order to counter vettes properly, you first need to know how to fly them. This is the problem a lot of non-vette players have. They avoid flying the vette to their own disadvantage.

-N03

June 10, 2017, 12:21 a.m.

Updated //
June 10, 2017, 9:34 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-124197)

After having my main (Koschei) nerfed because 95+% of people don't realize that purge or drain+disrupt turns me into a helpless lump of metal for 10s that can die in about 1-3 (depending on what gets thrown against it), I am somewhat in agreement. I personally wouldn't mind a nerf to corvettes, but nor do I advocate for one as I know that they are in a pretty good spot as it is.

The problem really is not that corvettes are OP, it's that players are UP. Any ship can generate crazy scores if in the hands of a skilled pilot against a team taking no action to shut them down; likewise, even a competent player in any ship will be doing stuff all if they run up against a team actively trying to bring them down.

Example: Today I saw someone in this thread go 12-0 in a Dreadnought, so are Dreadnoughts OP? No, I can't come close to that because I'm not very experienced with Dreadnoughts, he's just good - as you say, a skilled pilot can make crazy scores in any ship. I think one reason people complain so much about Corvettes is that they can blow you up really fast, giving the impression that they're raging, unstoppable death machines. On the other hand, Dreadnoughts or Destroyers in capable hands can also plow through enemies, but since it's not as instantaneous as a Corvette it doesn't feel OP.

Another thing I should mention is that when people say they want to nerf corvettes, rarely does anyone mention what they want nerfed, specifically. May be just an anecdote, maybe not, but I've yet to see a post detailing what specifically is overpowered about Corvettes (and it needs to be specified per each of the three different Corvette classes), how much it should be nerfed, and what effect that will have on the ships.

For every post ranting at me, screaming at me, insulting me, or sardonically mocking me, that's a post that could have been used to calmly and rationally debate with me.

Normandy_SR3#6697 posted (#post-124199)

In order to counter vettes properly, you first need to know how to fly them. This is the problem a lot of non-vette players have. They avoid flying the vette to their own disadvantage.

-N03

Even if players don't want to spend the resources to acquire one and fly it to understand how it works, there is no lack of material to read and watch. I've given away all the secrets to flying a Medium Corvette, it's in my sig, if someone truly wants to see how it works and improve their gameplay it's all there. Trouble is... I suspect many players aren't actually interested in solving the Corvette problem by improving their gameplay.

Edit: This reply is "Currently hidden" and I don't know why, for the record I posted it at about 12AM ET.

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

June 10, 2017, 4:01 a.m.

snip

I meet SOS-Warthain yesterday, he made 21 or 22 kills with... Art Cruiser. Tried to kill him in my T4 vette and I failed many times until 1 success. It's not that class is OP, the problem is with unexperienced players who go from recruit league with T2 or stock T3 to Veteran league and meet players who had a few maxed out T4 ships and a lot of experience in game. It doasn't matter what class they play - almost always they will score 4-5 times more exp then rest of team (for example 2,5-3k exp and rest of team 200-1k exp).

June 10, 2017, 5:13 a.m.

hultaj#8731 posted (#post-124209)

snip

the problem is with unexperienced players who go from recruit league with T2 or stock T3 to Veteran league and meet players who had a few maxed out T4 ships and a lot of experience in game.
This.
Is the real problem, T2 players ( especially newbie players)
don't know how not to drag into veteran pool.
At least there is a system that keeps telling
"You can be dragged into Veteran tier if you don't put at least 1 Tier 1 ship in your que."

June 10, 2017, 6:07 a.m.

Updated //
June 10, 2017, 6:09 a.m.

Bla bla use stasis modul, bla bla corvette good again only non skill player etc...
Common when you fly corvette u use disruption puls and drain torpedo this combo u cant Counter becouse u cant use your modul, if u get stasis u just blink away , if Arts try to snipe you just use Heavy clock. I moustly Play corvette and it take less skill to kill by corvettte than counter me.
It Take so less skill to fly corvette , that i feel how i degradade and game become boring

June 10, 2017, 7:22 a.m.

Normandy_SR3#6697 posted (#post-124199)

-N03

We have words of wisom over here. However, I would feel bad doing so. I remember when i had to fly T2 vette cause wanted to unlock T3 to get OB (jupiter arms). Jeez. That was so embarassing. Or when I had to grind fulgora to get my vindicta. Actually fulgora felt less op than jupiter arms vettes.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.