FORUMS

Why this game called dreadnought not corvettenought?

Posted: //
June 11, 2017, 7:56 p.m.

Hey- I just want to point out that in the video that this thread is based on, the real winner isn't the Corvette... it's the Destroyer. 12-0 from the top guy, 5-1 from the 2nd place, both Destroyers. That enemy team was seriously bad, too. First of all, how can that video even be used as a "Corvettes are OP" example when clearly the Destroyer is the one massacring the enemy? If you've got a bunch of any kind of ship, this kind of thing can happen.

Look at this video. Four Destroyers on the enemy team, 40-100, over in five minutes. Are Destroyers OP? No. We played a bad game and lost. If Corvettes are so OP to the point that they can take on any and every ship solo, why was I not obliterating everything left and right? I'm surely capable of it, if you look at any of my other videos. Why am I not unstoppable here?

Back to OP's video, you might say, "That Destroyer's an exception. Yes, it's doing far better in this match, but as a whole Corvettes dominate." So why's he an exception? Maybe it's because the other team is terrible... which is why everyone is scoring kills in that match. Maybe it's because he's a skilled player... skilled players tend to score well. Most likely it's both. I mean come on, it's just ridiculous to use this match to make the "Corvettes are OP" argument. The collective scores of the Corvettes make a K/D of 2.89, whereas for the Destroyers it's 17. The Corvettes count for all but 1 of the deaths.

As to the video's commentary itself, it boils down to Corvettes being OP because you think they are, and you've got some friends that say so. I don't think Corvettes are OP, and I've got some friends that agree. See the problem here? I am seriously tired of "Corvettes are OP" threads ad naseum that make an argument based on anecdote. Where's the data? Show me a series of videos or scorecards over a long period of time to prove it. I pulled the scores from 104 matches in my post ('Regarding "Corvettes are OP''') and it's not like I'm hiding anything, the matches come out daily on my Youtube channel where you can view the ending scorecards.

And just to make this clear: I am not complaining that Destroyers are OP. I am not in the slightest saying that they should be nerfed. I believe they are in a very good spot (the Akula Destroyer is questionable) as anti-vette counters and general purpose battleships.

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

June 12, 2017, 3:02 a.m.

Updated //
June 12, 2017, 3:11 a.m.

Spork#2479 posted (#post-124402)

Back to OP's video, you might say, "That Destroyer's an exception. Yes, it's doing far better in this match, but as a whole Corvettes dominate." So why's he an exception? Maybe it's because the other team is terrible... which is why everyone is scoring kills in that match. Maybe it's because he's a skilled player... skilled players tend to score well. Most likely it's both. I mean come on, it's just ridiculous to use this match to make the "Corvettes are OP" argument. The collective scores of the Corvettes make a K/D of 2.89, whereas for the Destroyers it's 17. The Corvettes count for all but 1 of the deaths.

As to the video's commentary itself, it boils down to Corvettes being OP because you think they are, and you've got some friends that say so.

I'll admit, I didn't even bother watching the video on account of all my hands-on experience of wrecking corvettes. I'm curious now; sounds like it should be a laugh.

Yep, you pretty much summed it up. Two destroyers laying waste with 5 corvettes running distraction and leeching kills. Oh, how I would love to have played on the enemy team and reduced these corvettes to smoking ruins.

June 12, 2017, 6:57 a.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-124433)

As to the video's commentary itself, it boils down to Corvettes being OP because you think they are, and you've got some friends that say so.

I'll admit, I didn't even bother watching the video on account of all my hands-on experience of wrecking corvettes. I'm curious now; sounds like it should be a laugh.

Yep, you pretty much summed it up. Two destroyers laying waste with 5 corvettes running distraction and leeching kills. Oh, how I would love to have played on the enemy team and reduced these corvettes to smoking ruins.

I share this view. I find corvettes running away from me now. If anything they seem underpowered.

Sometimes I can kill them with a blast pulse without even stopping the healing...

June 12, 2017, 8:58 a.m.

Updated //
June 12, 2017, 9:01 a.m.

Look at this video. Four Destroyers on the enemy team, 40-100, over in five minutes. Are Destroyers OP? No. We played a bad game and lost. If Corvettes are so OP to the point that they can take on any and every ship solo, why was I not obliterating everything left and right? I'm surely capable of it, if you look at any of my other videos. Why am I not unstoppable here?

I remember that game. That was one of my worst games of the night, lol. How embarrassing.

But you're right. This video is a good example of what a T4 vette faces when playing against experienced T4 players. It is an uphill battle to say the least. At the T4 level, vettes do seem balanced. I would suggest, however, maybe using Assault Blink Warp instead of Heavy Cloak. ABW still penetrates shields, which can help you take down T4 Destroyers/Dreads much more easily.

-N03

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.