FORUMS

Do NOT nerf corvettes!

Posted: //
June 21, 2017, 8:46 p.m.

I have zero hours flying corvette so I'm not saying this because I'm a vette boi.

Corvettes must be kept the way they are or given a buff. The main reason being that heavy artillery is absolutely dominating the battles. Corvettes are often the only means of winning against highly skilled T4 arty cruisers.

A strongly modded Harwich is able to protect against aggressive vette players. Placed correctly the Harwich will provide protection for the whole fleet. Desperate measures plus module amper gives the Harwich total domination in 1v1 against most corvettes. How many vettes can survive a double blast pulse and amplified tesla turrets while being zapped by three amplified tesla coil pods?

Two T4 dreads supported by two T4 healers running point with two or three T4 arty cruisers hovering in the background is impossible to beat without fast hard hitting flanking ships. On some maps this is achieved by destroyers with thrust amp. But on open maps like kappa, dry dock, Elysium, and Red Sands the destroyer is easy prey for the arty cruisers. On those maps the skilled vette player is the only stable challenge to arty dominance.

Already games are devolving into tedious slugfests on those open maps because arty operate with impunity. Then the winner often emerges as the one who got fed the most, rather than the team who displayed more skill and teamwork.

You can't make balance changes based on subjective experiences of players. Especially, when the players may just lack skill. Balance needs to be determined using hard data analysis. But this can only be done when player teams are even in skill.

The most OP thing at the moment is a squad of rank 50 players. Put them against a random team and the results are predictable. Comms are OP, nerf Comms. Arty is OP nerf arty. Skill is OP nerf skill. Nerf the whole game so that newbs can kill a vette pilot who has spent 200 hours flying vette.

This game is only just starting to get great as we get more and more skilled players with fully modded T4 ships.

I will never call for nerfing anything because whatever might be OP is also something I can fly.

Noobs are probably not aware that the best pilots have also put a lot of thought into the game outside of just flying. You see very in depth discord discussions about all the combos. Why should devs punish those guys hard work by nerfing based on the whims of unskilled players?

Every ship can be beaten, every team can be beaten. You need to think asymmetrically to beat the strength of an opponent. Nerfing based on muh feels is straight up sad. I love this game because it is hard.

I developed a vette killing machine because I was sick of being a victim. Yet, you call for nerf so you can continue being a victim...

June 21, 2017, 9:52 p.m.

nerf corvettes !

June 22, 2017, 12:31 a.m.

OP is right that the only really "Broken/'OP'" vet case is the Dover in a largely Teir 1 Game.

As hard as some can be to kill in the Vector group, even so when a team are all a loadoff of AFKkKers,
it is not that hard to Grave one or so Vets with Focused Fire.

The Issue is when you have Too Many of em and working in groups.

(and idk, Improving the "Map", lolz......)

They are fine at 3+, as one who has some and as one who has swatted down a lot of em.

"Glory to the Truth, amen." (>_< '7

June 22, 2017, 2:05 a.m.

I_Am_DreadgeNought#5815 posted (#post-125532)

OP is right that the only really "Broken/'OP'" vet case is the Dover in a largely Teir 1 Game.

As hard as some can be to kill in the Vector group, even so when a team are all a loadoff of AFKkKers,
it is not that hard to Grave one or so Vets with Focused Fire.

The Issue is when you have Too Many of em and working in groups.

(and idk, Improving the "Map", lolz......)

They are fine at 3+, as one who has some and as one who has swatted down a lot of em.

I have to agree that vettes are not OP they are more like ants or any kind of hive insect.. alone you can swat them down with little to no issues.. but get 3 or more coming down on you at the same time usually in a squad most likely on discord and coordinating with each other it can get overwhelming and can make them seem OP but they really are not and those situation are far and few in between.. most of the time the vettes usually go on their marry way on their own accord even when there are more than just one.. I just recently started playing vettes just to see what the hub bub is all about (im a Dread player mostly) and its just not my play style.. i may wade through them just to get the BO briefing(s) but not a first choice for my playstyle..

TIP: If the fleet stays in formation you have a better chance at catching and downing vettes or detour them from coming too close to the fleet to begin with by presenting limited opportunities..

"The fewer ripples you make in life the fewer waves that can come back on you"

June 22, 2017, 2:08 a.m.

Do NOT nerf the Koschei!
Oh wait. Balancing corvettes is hard and I don't want another Koschei fiasco. The problem wasn't necessarily AS or the Koschei itself (medium range nerf is justified). The problem was people not knowing how to counter it. Double or triple tac with healbeams is OP in any scenario, not just the Koschei.

Vettes are the same, they don't need a nerf, but they do need a balancing fix.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

June 22, 2017, 2:28 a.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-125518)

I have zero hours flying corvette so I'm not saying this because I'm a vette boi.

Corvettes must be kept the way they are or given a buff. The main reason being that heavy artillery is absolutely dominating the battles. Corvettes are often the only means of winning against highly skilled T4 arty cruisers.

Actually they not. The only relevant strong counter against maxed out t4 arti would be light destroyer. Corvettes still can't deal with those properly.

June 22, 2017, 9:04 a.m.

I strongly agree with pretty much everything Bazza said. This is from the perspective of a player who mains Dessies, Dreads, and TACs, with moderate Arty and 'Vette experience. I don't prefer to use 'Vettes, but have spent enough time in them to fully understand their strengths and weaknesses, and have little problem killing them in any of my other classes, sometimes even Arty.

I think they're in a good place right now, but I'd like to see some other ships be able to horn in on their niche a bit. For instance, more offensive TACs like the Harwich, but with some range or something. I also see a lot of Arty-dominated battles in Veteran, and for me the only real counter I have in my fleet for good Arty is Dread nukes, forcing them to brawl one of my Dessies, or more Arty. I'd like to see more interesting choices in counter play in the future, as 'Vettes often fail to be a hard counter to Arty when the Arty are set up and used correctly.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

June 22, 2017, 10:35 a.m.

Updated //
June 22, 2017, 11:54 a.m.

Corvettes are not overpowered, they simply require experienced players that know how to handle them.
most people complaining dont want to improve their gaming mastery, but instead are begging the devs to make their life easier it seems.
instead of realizing: what can i do to prevent being stomped by vettes? how can i react to them? how can i beat them?
so instead of realizing their own mistakes they ask for a nerf...because...its everyone elses fault, its the bad game, its the overpowered corvette, the balancing is broken...but themselves they are flawless of course...//rolleyes
but corvettes dont need a nerf at all. players must gain experience to beat them and then they are no problem.
unexperienced players going alone leeroying and wondering and crying why they are easily killed by vettes have to realize that they have to stay with the team.
people have to learn the situational awareness and mark the vettes for the whole team before they even fire a single shot.
and if you know they run heavy cloak, be even more on the watch, u cant mark them as a target but they die from just a few hits then.
also most players are not adaptive. they pick a ship without thinking about what the enemy team is running.
and even after many deaths, they dont change the ship. well then its their own problem to loose i say...
if you see enemy team running 3-4 vettes and in your own team is not a single hard counter, pick a harwich yourself for example, purge beam, blast pulse, nuclear mine, that one single ship cann protect the whole team against all those vettes if they stay together.
or if you want to play arty but in the enemy team is a vette, pick the arty that has some conters vs them, like dive+bomb catapult, or proximity mines, or ...or...or... use your own brain.
and i think thats the biggest problem. those people complaining the most are NOT using their brains, they want to rely on help from outside/devs nerfing or whatever insead of coming up with their own solutions. there are a lot of counters to vettes in any ship at T3+.
and in recruit matches, the tacticals have to drop their tunnel vision and aim those beams on the vettes, they die very fast. and not to forget, use energy to shields. in so many recruit battles i see people dying with full energy again and again and again. they never use energy for anything. maybe improve the tutorial and make new players realize how important energy management is.

June 22, 2017, 11 a.m.

I play arty extensively and at higher tiers corvettes have a hard time against all the countermeasures, I even snipe them out of the air.
People just don't understand that they can keep playing like they did in the beginning on the recruit level with mostly inexperienced players. As an arty I stay with the fleet and dont camp at the edge of the map where I am "safe". Also dive maneuver and then bomb catapult pretty much kills every noob corvette pilot trying to sneak up on you.
Corvettes might need a tweak here and there, but I don't find them more overpowered than Arties. Vindictas also shoot corvettes into tiny bits.
I feel that mostly lower tier people complaining that havent really learned how to deal with corvettes or dont have the discipline to stay close to the fleet...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.