FORUMS

CORVETTE: most OP class of ANY Space Shooter!

Posted: //
Nov. 8, 2017, 7:45 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2017, 7:52 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-169146)

ThinderChief#9836 posted (#post-168808)

Well it's funny because it's when my teams are laging way behind that people start saying what needs to be done. take the healers down, since i dont have much faith in stats, K/D ratios and so on, i chose to develop a playstyle designed to counter the camping circus we see in 80% of the games. When i'n with players willing to get tactical/offensive it works.

You know what is funny? The game where I sit on top of the scoreboard with my destroyer while you were screaming "Vette OP!!!!" in the opposing team.

If you wasn't so blinded by your rage you would have been a very good player, but pity.

Again, if you can't kill vettes, don't try to. Pick out high priority targets. I'm usually the top player in the game by shooting only high priority target. Heal ball? Amped Storm drain to the healer, 1 shot them from 3k range away. Arty? one shot. Destroyer? One shot. Vette? Evasive maneuver + scrambler pulse + flak. Dread? Ignore, unless he burned his armor amp, in that case, amped storm drain.

I'm also leveling all 3 vettes right now. And I can assure you I feel much better in a destroyer than in a vette, and I usually get more score in destroyer too.

Yeah sure, i do eventually end up top of my team from time to time, only there aren't any predators Corvettes in those games and my team mates have got enough guts to take the game to the other team if they set up one of those anti-game camping cirtcus.
Scrambler pulse? NOT an option for me, it would take another away, sorry but you gear up your ship specifically to take them down, the whole point being, players needs different options to play different playstyles. Again i noticed, you donlt tell us what you play, heavy or light Destroyers, and HOW. Which in turn imply that if a player chose a lighter ship for speed and maneuvrability he will need different options to do so and that the offensive playstyle suited to the light Destroyers/Dreadnought is not favoured by the lack of efficiency of short range defense and their inherent low HP. The options you chose take the place of other, like Jump drive and anti-missile lasers, so forget about your gear-up. You're beside the points.

Nov. 8, 2017, 1:40 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2017, 1:41 p.m.

DanielAlex#7337 posted (#post-125614)

iNNovium#7446 posted (#post-125559)
1. Corvette class is the fastest ship in the game (Highest Speed)
2. Corvette class is the most maneuverable in the game (Most Agility)
3. Corvette class has the smallest hotbox in the game (Best Avoidance)
4. Corvette class is the only class with 100% shield absorption ability (Best Shields)
5. Corvette class is the highest DPS class in the game by far (Best DPS)
6. Corvette class can kill much larger ships before they can fire back (lowest Time to Kill)

1. Corvettes are an assassin-class. Of course they are the fastest ships.
  2. Same as 1, but also corvettes aren´t necessarily the most maneuverable class. If you look at highest possible maneuverablity, the light artillery cruiser and light destroyer easily win this category since the corvettes maneuverability can not be increased with modules or energy.
  3. This is a big problem with corvettes. They are incredibly hard to hit.
  4. 100% Shield Absorption does not only mean that the corvette has the best shields since they burn energy very quickly, but also if a corvette would only have for example 50% Shield Absorption, it would be deadbefore even using up all its energy due to its small hp-pool.
  5. Corvettes need to have the highest DPS, otherwise they wouldn´t be able to score a single kill against teams staying closely together.
  6. It is a problem that corvettes can kill much larger ships in a short amount of time. But as I stated in 5, corvettes also need a high DPS.

But the biggest problem with corvettes is that unexperienced players don´t know how to counter them.

To solve "Corvettes are OP", i would suggest the following:

1. Corvettes need to be easier to hit. Something like a bigger hitbox, faster projectiles, better aim, etc.
  2. Corvettes should not be able to sustain their high DPS over a long period of time. They should have it long enough to take down tactical cruisers, artillery cruisers and heavily damaged ships, but not to destroy dreadnoughts. I therefore suggest that the corvettes primary weapon has a damage falloff over time, making their shots weaker the longer its firing.
  3. Corvettes need to be nerfed at lower tiers. While experienced players at higher tiers know how to counter them, unexperienced ones at lower tiers don´t. Also many modules strong against corvettes are only available at higher Tiers. Solution: Nerf them at lower and keep them the same at higher tiers.
  4. Even though I said that corvettes need strong shields, I dislike the fact that they can safely escape even with almost no hp left if they just turn on their shields. I would welcome only 90% absorption or an absorption rate depending on the corvettes hp.

the only thing of your suggestions i'm with you, is to nerf the low tier corvettes but don't cange anything at theyr high tier versions, cause as a t4 corvette agains t4 cruiser, destroyer or dreadnought with experienced pilots and the right modules you will think the full other direktion, everything else is op, exapt you in your little vette
(and the small hitbox is easily countered by the aimbot like precision of a cruisers main beam weapon with as high, or even higher, range as arties)

Nov. 8, 2017, 6:44 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2017, 4:28 a.m.

Corvettes are OP yo! https://ibb.co/mndUdG

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 9, 2017, 3:08 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2017, 3:22 a.m.

The_Draco#9081 posted (#post-169231)
the only thing of your suggestions i'm with you, is to nerf the low tier corvettes but don't cange anything at theyr high tier versions, cause as a t4 corvette agains t4 cruiser, destroyer or dreadnought with experienced pilots and the right modules you will think the full other direktion, everything else is op, exapt you in your little vette
(and the small hitbox is easily countered by the aimbot like precision of a cruisers main beam weapon with as high, or even higher, range as arties)

Here we go again, the "Right modules thing as an argument, sorry but it is moot to the exrteme, HOW exactly does all lines beneficiate from the SAME modules exactly?

They were designed and play completely differently from stock, it's even written on the box.

So, in effect, all what the "dont nerf Corvettes" mafia is doing, it to impose a single playstyle to ALL players, even so their ships might not be designed and suited for it in the first place, how are you doing to survive camping even with healers with 50% less HP than a Jutland and lower DPS while sacrifying your mobility?

We understand that Corvettes "aces" like to do their little baby seal clubing and shine up their stats, but it's not a reason for denying the difference in HP and Firepower between the other types in the same line, btw i was just killed playing my Oberon Dreadnought with a SINGLE nuke hit, how is that for "get the right module" B.S?.

Otherwise said, if nerfing is not necessarily the solution, BETTER short range defense vs Corvettes for the lowest HP Dreadnought and Destroyers is needed, simply because they need different options/modules than the heavies to play their role efficiently.

Should be clear but reality denial at this level of compulsion is hard to cure.

Nov. 9, 2017, 3:36 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2017, 3:37 a.m.

OK, now it's simple, i got focused by Corvette players taking the mickey in a game i go back to hangar, as simple as that.

I dont want to feed them with my HP, they ABUSE the game mechanics and take other players for fools, you want this game to rot this way? Keep denying we dont need a rebalance.

Nov. 9, 2017, 4:36 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2017, 4:36 a.m.

ThinderChief#9836 posted (#post-169399)

OK, now it's simple, i got focused by Corvette players taking the mickey in a game i go back to hangar, as simple as that.

I dont want to feed them with my HP, they ABUSE the game mechanics and take other players for fools, you want this game to rot this way? Keep denying we dont need a rebalance.

Thx for making game easier for us =) I hope you and others will keep doing same stuff, so we, corvette players, could earn more exp and credits for unlocking better ships and modules, while you waste your time whining at forums.
Thank you again and GG!

Nov. 9, 2017, 2:45 p.m.

dreadpony#0823 posted (#post-169408)

ThinderChief#9836 posted (#post-169399)

Thx for making game easier for us =) I hope you and others will keep doing same stuff, so we, corvette players, could earn more exp and credits for unlocking better ships and modules, while you waste your time whining at forums.
Thank you again and GG!

Epic Response, Thank You Dreadpony, for pointing how how ridiculous his solution is

--Fully Unlocked Tier 5 Tree!---What the @#$% are you talking about?---

Nov. 9, 2017, 5:05 p.m.

I really don't see a problem with corvettes but then again I main the oberon dread line -.-. And shut up thunder chief, every time I join a game with you in it I watch you fly off on your own and die 4 times in a row then whine at your team or corvettes.

Heroes don't die, when heroes die, they become legends.

Nov. 9, 2017, 5:49 p.m.

So let me put this as simply as I can. The corvette class is not massively op but it does suffer balancing issues.

The corvettes speed and maneuverability exceeds that of all the other classes, this, by itself, is not a problem. When combined with the corvette's ability to cancel out all damage with its shields and superior dps is a problem.

One great example of how this is a problem is when a low health ship respawns. Due to the respawns system, you can spawn far away from your team and be completely vulnerable to attack. Say you are an artillery cruiser, you would have little ability to fight back against a some what decent corvette pilot. In this situation, your team can not help you focus fire the corvette, when the corvette gets in close, they can activate their shields nullifying any damage you try to deal it, and you likely have no where to escape.

This isn't exactly the fault of the corvette but it does draw more attention to some of what makes it less balanced.

Another problem arises from the corvette's speed, a greater ability to focus fire with other corvettes. This gives the corvette a team based advantage as a duo or group of corvettes can execute tactics more quickly than other ship classes. Often times a well coordinated pair of corvettes can take on and beat groups of ships. This isn't to say they have a major advantage, they are simply more efficient at coordination and changes in tactics.

A major issue that exacerbates the problem are the lack of efficient counters. Yes, you can slow them down to a crawl and deactivate their abilities, but abilities such as auto guns and most (not all) missles attacks lack any real threat to deter most corvettes. The projectile speed of most corvette counters are far to slow to be of any value and therefore lock players out of counters until higher tiers.
Again, this is not the fault of the corvettes, this is the fault of the game as a whole.

Perhaps the biggest and most glaring issue with the corvette class, is how well they perform in recruit. Most ships T1-T2 ships have little in the way to counter corvettes. This can be especially frustrating for new players who are trying to learn the mechanics and what counters what. I mean, most artillery cruisers in recruit don't even change position after getting a catapult fired in their direction, so how can we expect them to know how to deal with a corvette? It should not be expected for the players who are learning how to play this game to have the skills and ability to defeat veteran players piloting corvettes.

This issue in recruit is a large part of the reason why so many people complain about corvettes. If someone is unable to beat a class that is visibly over performing again and again, it will cause frustration. Another issue is the way some of the player base writes them off as not good enough as the only reason for this issue. Recruit players are not good enough, that is why they are recruits. They need to be able to learn about the delays in their shots, the speed and rotation of their turrets, the power of their abilities and so forth before they should be expected to deal with a class that most ships aren't equipped to deal with at that stage.

The problem with recruit could be solved by having a different corvette be unlocked for T2 or change the stats and/or abilities of the T2 corvette.

Also, a note to those telling players to just "get better" I'd like to point out that some people can't exactly do that. Some people have impairments that limit their reaction times, or range of motion that makes it difficult to hit and counter these fast moving and high dps ships. Yes, team work does a world of good but the game system can make team work useless to stopping a corvette. Teamwork is also something in recruit that most new players can not fully utilize until they learn the mechanics and systems of the game.

In higher tiers, corvettes lose many of the issues in recruit but they still have some imbalances, these imbalances are, again, in part due to the way some of the systems in the game function. Once these systems have been properly implemented and their bugs removed, perhaps corvettes will be balanced enough that people won't complain as much.

That's about all I have to say on this issue

Nov. 9, 2017, 6:44 p.m.

JohnMcJ#5348 posted (#post-169512)

So let me put this as simply as I can. The corvette class is not massively op but it does suffer balancing issues.

The corvettes speed and maneuverability exceeds that of all the other classes, this, by itself, is not a problem. When combined with the corvette's ability to cancel out all damage with its shields and superior dps is a problem.

As I see it the problem is that people prefer running damage module over debuff module. With any debuff module corvette won't dare coming close to you. I can't blame them though, the entire score system hinges on getting the last hit so they need damage to ks

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.