FORUMS

CORVETTE: most OP class of ANY Space Shooter!

Posted: //
Nov. 13, 2017, 2:51 a.m.

The reason corvettes seem so OP in your "stats" head is that you aren't looking at it correctly. DPS is misleading here. How much DPS is required to kill a ship? That's like asking how fast do you have to go to get from point A to B? It doesn't matter. Total damage is all that matters. Total damage = DPS x Seconds in battle. Corvettes generally have a LOT fewer seconds to engage their enemies than other ship classes.

Vette's can't stick around to help allies. 1v1 they are great, but not good in teams.

Nov. 13, 2017, 4:59 a.m.

Emaster#2915 posted (#post-170920)

The reason corvettes seem so OP in your "stats" head is that you aren't looking at it correctly. DPS is misleading here. How much DPS is required to kill a ship? That's like asking how fast do you have to go to get from point A to B? It doesn't matter. Total damage is all that matters. Total damage = DPS x Seconds in battle. Corvettes generally have a LOT fewer seconds to engage their enemies than other ship classes.

Vette's can't stick around to help allies. 1v1 they are great, but not good in teams.

True, but they can take down other ships a LOT faster too, and without Stasis, a lot faster than a Dreadnought geared for offense instead of defense does.

If i want to kill another Dreadnought in a Lorica with 45000HP i will also have to take a lot more risks than a Corvette which can dodge return fire and disengage nearly at will in comparison.

It's not only a question of how fast you can kill another ship, it is also how long you can sustain return fire, so that's why i don't ask for Corvettes to be nerfed but for better deterrents (short range defense) for the lightest, lowest HP Dreadnoughts.

I posted this topic in an atempt to help rebalance this game towward a more dynamic playstyle, and at no point i suggest to nerf any ship.

The low HP ships lacks the firepower, the choice between defense and mobility and ultimately the Health to be played to their true potential if the trade of for mobility cannot be completed, what this game needs from my PoV are not nerfs, it's fine tuning for each line of ships.

Nov. 13, 2017, 10:13 a.m.

ThinderChief#9836 posted (#post-170974)

Emaster#2915 posted (#post-170920)

True, but they can take down other ships a LOT faster too, and without Stasis, a lot faster than a Dreadnought geared for offense instead of defense does.

If i want to kill another Dreadnought in a Lorica with 45000HP i will also have to take a lot more risks than a Corvette which can dodge return fire and disengage nearly at will in comparison.

It's not only a question of how fast you can kill another ship, it is also how long you can sustain return fire, so that's why i don't ask for Corvettes to be nerfed but for better deterrents (short range defense) for the lightest, lowest HP Dreadnoughts.

I posted this topic in an atempt to help rebalance this game towward a more dynamic playstyle, and at no point i suggest to nerf any ship.

The low HP ships lacks the firepower, the choice between defense and mobility and ultimately the Health to be played to their true potential if the trade of for mobility cannot be completed, what this game needs from my PoV are not nerfs, it's fine tuning for each line of ships.

Corvettes can kill a lot faster than dreads? laughs in nukes

Nov. 13, 2017, 11:13 a.m.

a mod amp plasma broadside can one shot a corvette, but ThinderChief was probably considering only main weapon usage.
And then it is true, corvette class definition is than their main weapon do have the highest short range dps in game.

Now shouting about issue over a ship class defining attribute is blatantly a bad point.

Nov. 13, 2017, 2:30 p.m.

Corvette class is the fastest ship in the game (Highest Speed)
Corvette class is the most maneuverable in the game (Most Agility)
Corvette class has the smallest hotbox in the game (Best Avoidance)
Corvette class is the only class with 100% shield absorption ability (Best Shields)
Corvette class is the highest DPS class in the game by far (Best DPS)
Corvette class can kill much larger ships before they can fire back (lowest Time to Kill)
These were your main issues with the corvette.
It should be the fastest ship, it's the smallest.
It's not the most maneuverable, that goes to the nox
It is the only class with 100% absorption, yeah that might be due to them having 1/8th the hp of the biggest ship in the game. Not to mention, there are multiple modules that drain energy, and ignore shields, or just pulverize them into nonexistence
It has the best "dps", but in practice it doesn't. You have to account for how long it's actually firing, and firing arcs. Every ship (with the exception of the corvettes and two classes of artillery) have nearly 360 degree gun arcs, and significantly better range, making it 10x easier to actually match the dps stated for them. But not the vette.
Any ship excluding tacs can kill much larger ships before they can fire back.

Nov. 14, 2017, 12:09 p.m.

FooJub#4039 posted (#post-171080)

Corvette class is the fastest ship in the game (Highest Speed)
Corvette class is the most maneuverable in the game (Most Agility)
Corvette class has the smallest hotbox in the game (Best Avoidance)
Corvette class is the only class with 100% shield absorption ability (Best Shields)
Corvette class is the highest DPS class in the game by far (Best DPS)
Corvette class can kill much larger ships before they can fire back (lowest Time to Kill)
These were your main issues with the corvette.
It should be the fastest ship, it's the smallest.
It's not the most maneuverable, that goes to the nox
It is the only class with 100% absorption, yeah that might be due to them having 1/8th the hp of the biggest ship in the game. Not to mention, there are multiple modules that drain energy, and ignore shields, or just pulverize them into nonexistence
It has the best "dps", but in practice it doesn't. You have to account for how long it's actually firing, and firing arcs. Every ship (with the exception of the corvettes and two classes of artillery) have nearly 360 degree gun arcs, and significantly better range, making it 10x easier to actually match the dps stated for them. But not the vette.
Any ship excluding tacs can kill much larger ships before they can fire back.

Mostly I agree however most ships have a fairly slow traversal and tracking a fast ship often doesn't work out. Not to mention, a little up and down and you miss your target more than hit.

I was just in a veteran match where a vette called me an aim-botting cheater cause he died 3 times to me while having killed 10 ships, myself included. He is so use to dominating that he assumes someone is cheating if he is killed.

Nov. 14, 2017, 6:49 p.m.

UbuRoi#1469 posted (#post-171684)

Mostly I agree however most ships have a fairly slow traversal and tracking a fast ship often doesn't work out. Not to mention, a little up and down and you miss your target more than hit.

I was just in a veteran match where a vette called me an aim-botting cheater cause he died 3 times to me while having killed 10 ships, myself included. He is so use to dominating that he assumes someone is cheating if he is killed.

Funny every time I play vette my expectation is that someone sneeze and it will blow up. I avoid attention at all cost. Guess I'm just bad at vette then

Guns turn rate should be buffed, that for sure. Other than that I don't see how vette is a problem. It can kill a lot because it is made to kill, just like tacts made to heal

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 15, 2017, 7:15 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 15, 2017, 7:17 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-171726)

Guns turn rate should be buffed, that for sure. Other than that I don't see how vette is a problem. It can kill a lot because it is made to kill, just like tacts made to heal

Would you say then that Corvettes or Snipers toping the kill sheets is mainly due to the immense talent of their players or that as many puts it, that the players they kill are bad?

It's a little bit pulled by the hairs isn't it?

I managed to kill Corvettes only a few time even using Stasis (that most Corvettes players complain about) and then again if i want to survive the engagement, i have to be camping in a pack.

The main problem with Corvettes is not only thei extreme mobility which makes them so hard to hit, it is their overwhelming firepower which make them the ONLY type of ship capable to take down ALL other types fast enough to get the kill and survive most times.

I can rush any other type and be certain to win the engagement with a Destroyer if it time it right, providing i dont jump in the middle of a pack, in which case i wont have time to disengage, Corvetes is a lot more touch and go and if their player is half decent they'll be able to do juyst that and get kills way faster, even on Dreadnoughts.

So understandably, thos who play ships struggling to achieve kills (in comparison) can feel that they are O.P, try to take down a heal-camping Dreadnought or Artillery Cruiser of the same tier with the best Destroyer (to me it's the Vigo) for a laugh.

Corvettes players brag about skills more often than not to justify their scores, i would love to see tham equaling their kill tally with a fully researched Destroyer, as a matter of fact, it might happen once in a blue moon and then again, match making have to be favourable.

I also would like to see K/D ratio data for each type and i'm quiet sure that Corvettes and Snipers are way above the rest of other types at the moment, and it's all a question of DPS, give me that of a Corvettes playing a Dreadnought, everyone else will open topics saying they're O.P. Rightly.

ps, even with higher traverse speed, you just dont have the fire power on a Dreadnought to take them down and survive a sneak arrack, even using Stasis as it is today.

Nov. 15, 2017, 10:20 a.m.

ThinderChief#9836 posted (#post-171874)

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-171726)

Would you say then that Corvettes or Snipers toping the kill sheets is mainly due to the immense talent of their players or that as many puts it, that the players they kill are bad?

It's a little bit pulled by the hairs isn't it?

I managed to kill Corvettes only a few time even using Stasis (that most Corvettes players complain about) and then again if i want to survive the engagement, i have to be camping in a pack.

The main problem with Corvettes is not only thei extreme mobility which makes them so hard to hit, it is their overwhelming firepower which make them the ONLY type of ship capable to take down ALL other types fast enough to get the kill and survive most times.

I can rush any other type and be certain to win the engagement with a Destroyer if it time it right, providing i dont jump in the middle of a pack, in which case i wont have time to disengage, Corvetes is a lot more touch and go and if their player is half decent they'll be able to do juyst that and get kills way faster, even on Dreadnoughts.

So understandably, thos who play ships struggling to achieve kills (in comparison) can feel that they are O.P, try to take down a heal-camping Dreadnought or Artillery Cruiser of the same tier with the best Destroyer (to me it's the Vigo) for a laugh.

Corvettes players brag about skills more often than not to justify their scores, i would love to see tham equaling their kill tally with a fully researched Destroyer, as a matter of fact, it might happen once in a blue moon and then again, match making have to be favourable.

I also would like to see K/D ratio data for each type and i'm quiet sure that Corvettes and Snipers are way above the rest of other types at the moment, and it's all a question of DPS, give me that of a Corvettes playing a Dreadnought, everyone else will open topics saying they're O.P. Rightly.

ps, even with higher traverse speed, you just dont have the fire power on a Dreadnought to take them down and survive a sneak arrack, even using Stasis as it is today.

Thats just not true. They're the only ship capable of getting the kill and surviving? Do you even play this game? And you expect corvette and arty to have better kd than destroyer/dread?! LMAOOOOOOOK

Nov. 15, 2017, 10:31 a.m.

Foojub <- notorious vette player. Tell us how much %of your total ingame time is for vettes.

"And you expect corvette and arty to have better kd than destroyer/dread?!"
- yeah keep defending your broken ships.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.