FORUMS

CORVETTE: most OP class of ANY Space Shooter!

Posted: //
Nov. 16, 2017, 1:15 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 16, 2017, 1:38 a.m.

Zlorfik#3349 posted (#post-172087)

That said, if a player really knows what he's doing, the same high numbers of kills can be found with any ship.

Really? Is that why a losing team will reach for Snipers and Vettes to turn a game around or why vette players toping scores usually also plays Sniper but you never see them in other types?

You're kidding, right? I never saw Dreadnoughts or Destroyers toping the kill sheets with the same regularity and it's certainly not because their players are of lesser levels of skills, the DPS is just not there, as simple as that.

In a heal camping furball, the Snipers are near untouchable even using Nukes, i killed some this way but they even weren't the target, healers were and they survived, too bad..

The camping B.S went on with healers healing each other and several high DPS ships whiping out the other team, and i can't deny that, i have been on this side of such a game too, it's static, boring and utterly unfair for the attacking team.

Add two Corvettes to that and the game is wraped up from the start, so there IS an unballanced and it is linked to type DPS and heal camping tactics, this kills the dynamic of the game 100%.

Here are two example of what i said; Corvettes would prey on anything trying to break the locks and Snipers score from max distance, in the first example i had to gow down under ground level to get close to the healers as the map allowed for this, in many cases they dont.

https://i.imgur.com/qj6H3TW.jpg

Second example: I'm an offensive player, i hate camping so even when i grind my Jutland modules, once in a blue moon, i brawl and take the game to the other team, in this case i had two healers offensive enough to come with me and as you can see, there was no Corvettes in this game.

Result? A K/D of 9/0, nearly the opposite of my usual trying to unlock camping circuses with whatever ship i play, usualy Dreadnought or Destroyer.

To me this says it all, in the contest of heal camping, both tIV Corvettes and Artillery Cruisers can be O.P, depending on thish branch those players chose to play them from, and it's DPS that makes the difference, with any other type it takes for ages to get a kill and during all this time you're vulnerable to retun fire. There comes the heal camping B.S...

https://i.imgur.com/0OZqFfF.jpg

Nov. 16, 2017, 3:15 a.m.

Haha Thinderchief stop talking plz.

Voronezh 14-0 most kills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPbjPkaqKG8&list=PLUSC2qCc-bE5n3C2VGBC6VHtJ2I3tf_Fc&index=2

Voronezh 12-0 most kills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ZrDwgX3QE

Blud 22-2 most kills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOCFU7GAEyE&list=PLUSC2qCc-bE4ejfp8AiL262SVF3m8jmFR&index=2

there are a lot of more vids on my nas like this... .

http://yt.aad.wtf
Every game i see you flaming your own and enemy team....
Last game you yolo engage with your tank whole time and die!
Same with destroyer... . You need more skill.. thats all.

next time i will record your flaming and report you.

Nov. 16, 2017, 3:57 a.m.

From my experience high lvl players will often choose tier IV corvetts and artillery cruisers because they can kill low tier inexperienced players a lot faster and more frequent than with other classes. Not easier but faster. That is why you will often see them on top of the scoreboard at the current state of veteran matches. A tier IV destroyer or dreadnought can kill a low tier player as easy but just not as fast and frequent. They will most likely end up with a better K/D but not so many kills. It will just take them a lot longer because they are slower and have less dps. In the end it is not the K/D that wins you the game it is just the number of total kills or 'kills minus deaths'.
Furthermore, inexperienced players will often position themself somewhere in the open without cover where they are easy targets for artilleries or they go solo and end up as easy kills for corvetts. Overall their positioning is just not ideal.
Low lvl players are also missing a full fleet with optimal modules so they cannot choose a ship to counter certain tactics and they also lack map awareness, reaction time and teamwork.
Other reasons why players switch to corvetts during the game are:
1) Corvetts become more effective during the late game as ships are more scattered;
2) If you die you will be back in the battle a lot quicker with a corvette than with a slow ship especially when your spawn is bad;
3) It will most likely surprise the enemy team if there suddenly is a corvette or artillery cruiser when there wasn't one before and it will take them some time to adjust their positioning and tactics.
In Onslough corvetts can also farm assault ships and fighters a lot quicker.

This all are reasons that favour corvetts and artillery cruisers in an average veteran game, which usually consists of maybe one lvl 50 player, one high ranked player and six low ranked low tier players in each team. Some of the reasons are experience based, some are skill based and but most cohere with the progression and match making system.

However this does not mean that corvetts and artillery cruisers are OP as almost all of the reasons I mentioned become a non-issue with more experience, skill, better and more ships and overall progression.
In a full tier IV match with only experienced players corvetts will die almost instantly as loadouts, positioning, map awareness, reaction time and teamwork are just much better. Artillery cruisers will also lose a lot of their effectiveness for the same reasons. I am sure it is the same in a full tier III match with mediocre skilled/experienced players.

So a lot of tier IV players just choose corvetts and artillery cruisers because they are the most effective classes in an average veteran game as you can farm low tier low lvl players quicker, not because they are actually OP. The only way I see how to fix this is to drastically reduce the stat gap between higher tier and lower tier ships and a much higher playerbase, so that you will always fight opponents of equal skill and at an equal state of progression. So basically rework the whole tier and progression system. The way it is now where low lvl tier II players have to fight lvl 50 tier IV players is just ridiculous.
Nerfing and buffing will only result in corvetts and artillery cruisers being either "OP" in an average veteran game or being completely useless in an actually balanced game (same tier/skill/experience/...).

Nov. 16, 2017, 6:12 a.m.

I think in this case the problem is just, that they took out the Team Elimination what makes me sad cause i think thats the most exciting play mode. What newer players dont know, cause its out of the query. In TE corvettes are practicaly not existent. Just really sneaky experiences captains are trying to focus out the medic or snipers and even this is really difficult. And for snipers its not that easy anymore to kill in high numbers too. The badest failure ever for every beginner was, that they took out TE of the query cause on no other gamemod beginners learn better every shipclasses role . Ontop it makes it harder for beginners cause the gap between newbees and experts is harder to fix on onslaught or Team deathmatch cause experts are more calm and disciplined. In TE u get forced to stick together.

And i want to say that you should think about too, that corvettes and snipers are in fact the damage dealers of this game, so , of course they end up with more kills then a Tank or a Healer. Anything else is a compromise between more life less speed and more or less dps. So cruisers are most of the time between as example. Its just the nature of every class. How many times a healer is 1st but no one ever complaines. Learn the mechanics and taktics if u dont come far and grind every shipclasses up. Then u know how to beat every class better and u will be more successfull.

Hope i see u in a next battle 07

Nov. 16, 2017, 7:07 a.m.

AaD Aggroholic#7305 posted (#post-172150)

I think in this case the problem is just, that they took out the Team Elimination what makes me sad cause i think thats the most exciting play mode. What newer players dont know, cause its out of the query. In TE corvettes are practicaly not existent. Just really sneaky experiences captains are trying to focus out the medic or snipers and even this is really difficult. And for snipers its not that easy anymore to kill in high numbers too. The badest failure ever for every beginner was, that they took out TE of the query cause on no other gamemod beginners learn better every shipclasses role . Ontop it makes it harder for beginners cause the gap between newbees and experts is harder to fix on onslaught or Team deathmatch cause experts are more calm and disciplined. In TE u get forced to stick together.

And i want to say that you should think about too, that corvettes and snipers are in fact the damage dealers of this game, so , of course they end up with more kills then a Tank or a Healer. Anything else is a compromise between more life less speed and more or less dps. So cruisers are most of the time between as example. Its just the nature of every class. How many times a healer is 1st but no one ever complaines. Learn the mechanics and taktics if u dont come far and grind every shipclasses up. Then u know how to beat every class better and u will be more successfull.

Hope i see u in a next battle 07

Actually, one of the reasons TE was taken out of the "Any" queue was because new players who got TE and there first game mode after the tutorial stopped playing the game after that first match. It gave a bad first impression. Now I'm not saying that taking TE out of the Any queue was a good idea, but as people have pointed out, It was a very competitive game mode, than needed team play to work. If you didn't have that, the match was over in 2-3 minuets.

Some people have asked for a check box system, though I think it's a good idea, I don't think it will solve the no TE games problem, as you can potentially have two games of TDM or Onslaught in the space of time you can have one TE match. Personally, I feel TE needs a big incentive to play. as if you get killed early on you don't really have the chance to get any XP and the match turns in to a waste of time. I feel that's the bigger problem with the game mode. Make it worth peoples while to play it and they will.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 16, 2017, 7:22 a.m.

Just add TE to the veteran queue... a separate TE queue for recruit is okay.

Nov. 16, 2017, 7:32 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 16, 2017, 7:34 a.m.

because of flaming Players i hate Chat Function . Iam glad we dont have a Chat on Ps4

Nov. 16, 2017, 7:34 a.m.

AaD Nighty#3891 posted (#post-172204)

Just add TE to the veteran queue... a separate TE queue for recruit is okay.

I still think check box is a better way to go for that, so I don't have to play TE if I don't want to.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 16, 2017, 7:58 a.m.

Holy s, TE was taken out of the any queue? I missed that update. I thought i just dont get any matches because there are none. I used to have to wait 10+ min back when i wanted only TE and thus i just click any...

Nov. 16, 2017, 7:37 p.m.

Completely agree. Corvettes are way to fast and powerful. Part of the problem is also their range - most close range weapons like flak cannons don’t have the range to even effect them. And the rest suffer from insufficient tracking to track and effectively fire on corvettes. It’s massively OP.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.