FORUMS

CORVETTE: most OP class of ANY Space Shooter!

Posted: //
June 22, 2017, 7:43 p.m.

Updated //
June 22, 2017, 7:43 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-125679)

RavynKnight#4919 posted (#post-125673)

one major problem i'm starting to see with the corvettes is they can fire while cloaked.. WT actual F? just recently played a TE match and all of our healers got taken down within seconds by a cloaked corvette with 100% absorbing shields activated.. artillery cloak disables as soon as you fire or get hit while this vette is getting hit and dpsing down our TCs all while cloaked.. that in my opinion should NOT be a thing.. as soon as you fire your cloak needs to go away and start its cooldown.. Oh and you can't even tag them for the rest of the team to see where the threat is while cloaked.. once again WT actual F?

Heavy cloak is the only corvette cloak that does not break except when cancelled or disrupted/purged; the downside of it is that the corvette takes increased damage when hit. It's not available below T4, and is not especially easy to get to, making it a relatively rare module to see in game... although I suppose that, with more players grinding out T4 ships, it is inevitable that more heavy cloaks come out. They are usually dropped in favor of warps by the more skilled players, so if you are able to pop the cloak with disruption, they will probably panic and not put up much of a fight.
Please keep in mind that i am an advocate of not taking out the corvette and that its not really "OP" i have swatted many corvettes down with my broadsides and repeaters and i am by no means a corvette player as its not my playstyle (I did try though and confirmed by T3 that it is in fact not my preferred playstyle)

i can understand that the heavy cloak is hard to come by but thats no excuse for it being the way it is as in being able to fire or use shields while cloaked.. and i totally understand it not being visible on radar or being able to call it out to your other team mates while cloaked.. thats what a cloak is for after all stealth.. but it would make more sense in that heavy cloak should:

A.) drain the energy slightly or prevent energy recharge until the cloak timer stops and starts the cooldown or the cloak shuts off when energy is empty which ever comes first to maintain the cloak while firing which also limits the use of shields while cloaked..

OR

B.) have the shields do only 80% 90% damage reduction while cloak is activated not the full 100%

those make sense to me as reasonable downsides.. the damage resistance debuff i didn't know about but that makes sense and makes me relieved that there is a downside to it.. however i would be 100% okay with taking out that debuff in favor of option A or option B instead..

By the way, how could you tell shields were activated? Cloaking hides the ships' status o.o

by the angry shooting corvette shaped "empty" shield bubble 200m away from our TCs..

sorry if this is multi posted.. having issues with the preview and post buttons.. i post it but i don't see it in the thread..

"The fewer ripples you make in life the fewer waves that can come back on you"

June 22, 2017, 7:44 p.m.

one major problem i'm starting to see with the corvettes is they can fire while cloaked.. WT actual F? just recently played a TE match and all of our healers got taken down within seconds by a cloaked corvette with 100% absorbing shields activated.. artillery cloak disables as soon as you fire or get hit while this vette is getting hit and dpsing down our TCs all while cloaked.. that in my opinion should NOT be a thing.. as soon as you fire your cloak needs to go away and start its cooldown.. Oh and you can't even tag them for the rest of the team to see where the threat is while cloaked.. once again WT actual F?

Heavy cloak is the only corvette cloak that does not break except when cancelled or disrupted/purged; the downside of it is that the corvette takes increased damage when hit. It's not available below T4, and is not especially easy to get to, making it a relatively rare module to see in game... although I suppose that, with more players grinding out T4 ships, it is inevitable that more heavy cloaks come out. They are usually dropped in favor of warps by the more skilled players, so if you are able to pop the cloak with disruption, they will probably panic and not put up much of a fight.

Please keep in mind that i am an advocate of not taking out the corvette and that its not really "OP" i have swatted many corvettes down with my broadsides and repeaters and i am by no means a corvette player as its not my playstyle (I did try though and confirmed by T3 that it is in fact not my preferred playstyle)

i can understand that the heavy cloak is hard to come by but thats no excuse for it being the way it is as in being able to fire or use shields while cloaked.. and i totally understand it not being visible on radar or being able to call it out to your other team mates while cloaked.. thats what a cloak is for after all stealth.. but it would make more sense in that heavy cloak should:

A.) drain the energy slightly or prevent energy recharge until the cloak timer stops and starts the cooldown or the cloak shuts off when energy is empty which ever comes first to maintain the cloak while firing which also limits the use of shields while cloaked..

OR

B.) have the shields do only 80% 90% damage reduction while cloak is activated not the full 100%

those make sense to me as reasonable downsides.. the damage resistance debuff i didn't know about but that makes sense and makes me relieved that there is a downside to it.. however i would be 100% okay with taking out that debuff in favor of option A or option B instead..

By the way, how could you tell shields were activated? Cloaking hides the ships' status o.o

by the angry shooting corvette shaped "empty" shield bubble 200m away from our TCs..

sorry if this is multi posted.. having issues with the preview and post buttons.. i post it but i don't see it in the thread..

June 22, 2017, 7:46 p.m.

DanielAlex#7337 posted (#post-125614)

iNNovium#7446 posted (#post-125559)

But the biggest problem with corvettes is that unexperienced players don´t know how to counter them.

How exactly can you deal with something faster than a fighter that comes behind you, sit , and even if you manage to hit him 2 times with an AC of the same tier ,survives ?

It's broken... totally broken... and is annoying me off so much that i thinking to drop this game, even if everything else is really fun: i like the healing part, i like dread / destro, i like ac... the corvettes are simply something to eradicate.

June 22, 2017, 7:51 p.m.

macbeth#0266 posted (#post-125684)

How exactly can you deal with something faster than a fighter that comes behind you, sit , and even if you manage to hit him 2 times with an AC of the same tier ,survives ?

Have you tried to slow it down? o_O
Stasis missile = it crawl slower than heavy dreadnought
Drain (missile, pulse) = no energy to escape fast
Disruptor (missile, pulse) = no modules to use to escape
Purge = everything mentioned above -_-

June 22, 2017, 8:13 p.m.

Slow down ... maybe you did not read . The corvette can simply tank an ac of the same tier frontally and kill him. Really guys... either you are trying to defend your "farm spot" either you can't didn't play other classes recently.

June 22, 2017, 8:51 p.m.

OR

June 22, 2017, 8:52 p.m.

OR

June 22, 2017, 8:53 p.m.

Updated //
June 22, 2017, 8:55 p.m.

OR

how do i know he had his shields on? by the angry shooting corvette shaped "empty" shield bubble 200m away from our TCs..

June 22, 2017, 11:50 p.m.

I have 2 t4 vettes and a good team will always mark me and stay together. The way to play a vette is by praying on the weak and out of position, there is no way a vette is OP.
Also have the Aion and have no problem taking down vettes as long as I'm not low on health, have proper mods and again...staying with the team!
Keep playing and you'll learn they are NOT OP.

Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once...

June 23, 2017, 1:58 a.m.

macbeth#0266 posted (#post-125684)

It's broken... totally broken... and is annoying me off so much that i thinking to drop this game, even if everything else is really fun: i like the healing part, i like dread / destro, i like ac... the corvettes are simply something to eradicate.

I can understand that It seems impossible that corvettes are weaker at higher tiers and against experienced players. But it is true.
In a Veteran Match with mostly T4, the situation is very different to Recruit Matches: Players stay together, protect their ACs and TCs, almost every corvette is quickly spotted and as soon as it tries to engage, destroyed.
I do not think that corvettes are perfectly balanced at higher Tiers, but the problem there is much smaller then at lower Tiers.
But I understand why this it often seems impossible. When I started playing Dreadnought, I thought the same way. As you progress in the game and your skill increases, you should see that corvettes become less a thread.

Corvettes need to be balanced. I agree with that. But they are much stronger at lower then at higher tiers.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.