FORUMS

CORVETTE: most OP class of ANY Space Shooter!

Posted: //
June 23, 2017, 12:36 p.m.

Sry for my english, just in case. I don't know what are you talking about guys. Corvette is most OP class in the game, especially Jupiter ones. Most complains about vette class are from t2-t3 players and some stock t4. Why? Because all t2-t3 ships, except tacticals, can't do anything against vettes. Why?
1) Vette almosts always attacks first. All you can do - activate shields and lose all energy in a second.
2) Vette can destroy any ship except dreadnought in 2-3 seconds.
3) Small hitbox and fast speed, with medieval targeting system for most ships it's very hard to even hit vette. When I leveled Fulgora, I've destroyed many dreadnoughts just flying around them in 3-4km and shooting. Without healer they was not able to do anything.
4) We have global server. For players with high ping it's almost impossible to hit vette.
5) Untill t4 ships don't have anti-vette modules except stasis missiles. Tractor beams are useless because don't block warp and speed booster modules. And light flak cannons are useless with their 700m range and long reload time.
6) Even using kamikaze style vette players are in top of the team. Spawn, move to enemy team from behind, use all modules, kill 1-2, fly away or die, repeat.
7) Every vette need to have unique module. Oberon - cloak, Jupiter - speed amplifier, Akula - armor amplifier. Already overpowered Jupiter vette with cloak or armor amp is just stupid.

Before writing "wall of tears" I've played vettes (have Medusa, Machias, Kreshnik). Oberon and Akula vettes are more or less balanced, but not Jupiter ones. Small hitbox, stupidly high damage, highest speed of all ships in the game, access to modules vs any other class. Before nerf Oberon arty was able to hunt vettes, but now it's just free food for them.
Conclusion: vettes are balanced only in balanced t4 matches. But this kind of matches are rare. In most matches we see 2-3 t4 vettes vs t2-t3 ships, which are just a food for them. And we have random players, not premade teams where each member do their job.

June 23, 2017, 6:40 p.m.

4) We have global server. For players with high ping it's almost impossible to hit vette.

From my experience, this is false. I've sniped corvettes moving at full speed from 5km+ with my artillery, and I live in New Zealand. Unless you're suggesting that the servers are - at the very furthest - in Australia (which I find highly unlikely), the "high ping" argument bears no merit with me. There is clearly some pretty decent ping compensation; I've personally never noticed any lag from hitting something (except with the hit-scan beam weapons of the tac that are, by nature, more sensitive to ping), nor when defending from hits (for example, successfully parrying surprise nukes by reflexively raising shields a moment before detonation, or surprise plasma rams by hitting armor moments before impact).

Anyway, so now more information of the problem is revealed, being that T3-4 is fine and T2 is too strong, not just corvettes in general... but again, it's really the fact that people don't pay any attention in Recruit. Just for the heck of it, I've taken a T2 corvette into recruit matches and spent the entire game flying around backwards (really slow speed, has to fly past its target to shoot), and still ending with a top score because no one on the enemy team shoots me until they are already below half health, and even then it's only the guy I'm in the process of killing who's shooting. The few games where people did actually spot me approaching, I was murdered in moments. The "problem" with corvettes in recruit is tunnel vision and inexperience on the part of the victims, along with a limited choice of options to counter them. I reckon that the only "nerf" the T2 corvette needs is for other ships to have access to more of their modules which counter 'vettes. Off the top of my head, there's currently only blast pulse on tac, stasis missile on artillery, and drain torp + disruption pulse on corvette. If more status effect modules were granted to other ships, I can see it being much easier to take the 'vettes down.

June 23, 2017, 9:42 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-125841)

From my experience, this is false. I've sniped corvettes moving at full speed from 5km+ with my artillery, and I live in New Zealand.

I'm from EU region and did it too. As I know, server is in USA. I don't see common lag symptoms like teleports, but somtimes (and it's not rare) enemy ship magically eats my Vucari's shot with zero damage. Or Ballista's second hit does zero damage, because it hitted the target only visually. No modules or armor was active, I've seen hit animation aaaand.... nothing. Thats how high ping works in this game. It is just most noticeable when you play low rate of fire ships.

As for other part of post and playing T2 vette. In recruit matches many players even don't know how to play. And with curent matchmaker and "sandbox warriors" on T2 corvettes many of new players just delete the game and play something more balanced. When I started to play I really wanted to delete the game after several matches with T2 vettes. When I was learning how to play the game about future space ships with medieval targeting system and accuracy worse than WWII tanks had.

June 24, 2017, 4:41 a.m.

Updated //
June 24, 2017, 4:42 a.m.

Shooting Fish in a Barrel is NOT OP! no Nerfs!

Recently I've seen many posts pointing out how shooting fish in a barrel is somehow overkill or over powered (OP) but actually it's not and I'll explain why.

You see most fish actually react quickly to changes in water pressure so there's a good chance fish that are equipped with the right pressure sensory modules have a very good chance of avoiding the bullets as they hit the water.

Actually certain types of Koi fish even have a good natural defense against shooting them in a barrel as the veteran koi will move in packs and change direction together, often staying near the bottom of the barrel keeping farther distance away from our guns.

Only the newbie fish stay near the top getting picked off easily, but veteran and legendary fish know how to counter getting shot at in a barrel and are much harder to take down.

Also fish equipped with electric coils (eel) actually have a good chance of taking you out if you get within their effective weapon range. I personally like to put the tip of my gun under the surface of the water so a properly equipped eel with electric discharge can really hurt!

Barracuda class fish equipped with jumping fins can actually jump out of the water and bite so its very risky to get close to barrels with the right fish composition. But all people see is "oh that's not fair shooting fish in a barrel". They don't consider we can also slip and fall on the water so there are a lot of trade-offs involved that people don't see.

Most people who complain about shooting fish in a barrel being OP actually haven't really tried it, as there are many fish that are naturally equipped to counter barrel shooters. And it really depends on the type of gun you use as well!

Good luck trying to use a hand gun or bolt action rifle, go ahead and try shooting the fish from the side and you'll see the refraction of light through the water distorts the fish location so you literally have to position yourself on top of the barrel or your shots won't even count.

Sure you can unlock a shotgun eventually that will fire buck shot into the water but guess what, fish like to scatter and those bullets don't penetrate well due to surface tension and distribution of lower mass pellets as opposed to a single high velocity projectile, most people don't realize that.

Also, good fish will spot you right on top of barrel as soon as you are in position alerting the other fish which breaks the element of surprise... That's exactly why we NEED to use state-of-the-art stealth technology so we can sneak up on those fish and position ourselves right on top of the barrel - again another risk.

I've even heard people complain that equipping a grenade and dropping it into a barrel may be super OP but actually very few players will unlock that ability so it's not really an issue for most fish. Veteran fish will actually be able to put the detonation pin back in the grenade using their mouth and spit the grenade out of the barrel so its really only OP against tier 1 fish who don't know what they're doing.

Some people have suggested a nerf to the guns we use to shoot fish in a barrel but actually I think it needs a buff. You have to remember, sometimes we have to deal with an entire armada of fish.. right there in that barrel, so we are often outnumbered and if we didn't use the Gatling gun off an A10 warthog, then nobody would play the fish barrel shooter class at all.

So you see, shooting fish in a barrel actually requires a lot of skill, is much harder than it sounds and it's not actually OP, those fish are just newbs. Just because we can kill an orca whale in less than 4 seconds with one volley doesn't mean a nerf is required.

Those fish & whales just need to learn how to counter properly and equip the right modules (pressure sensors, electric coils, big teeth, water jumping abilities, evolve thicker armored skin, etc) and it becomes much harder to be a fish in a barrel shooter.

I don't play the class at all personally, maybe once like when I was in high school, but yeah I think shooting fish in a barrel is actually in the right spot guys - no nerfs please...

June 24, 2017, 5:20 a.m.

Updated //
June 24, 2017, 5:21 a.m.

iNNovium#7446 posted (#post-125876)

Shooting Fish in a Barrel is NOT OP! no Nerfs!

But the fishes won't blast your face off with missiles.

尊重Respect友善Friendly包容Tolerance理解Understanding 十萬青年十萬肝,GG輪班救台灣

June 24, 2017, 9:30 a.m.

Corvettes are actually quite underpowered and need heavy buffs to bring them in line with other classes.

Many players are complaining, and have complained, about the current state of Corvettes in Dreadnought. While many of those complaints are completely justified, it is also true that Corvettes are an incredibly weak class, and are extremely frustrating to play as.

While it is technically true that Corvettes can destroy any other ship in mere seconds, you must also keep in mind that Corvettes can themselves be destroyed in just seconds by any other ship class with a loadout equipped that is specifically designed to counter Corvettes and nothing else. This is extremely frustrating for players like myself who don't have the skill to play any other class, and leads many Corvette players to quit the game out of frustration.

In order to fix this, I hereby propose that the HP of all Corvettes is quintupled. This will make it so that Corvettes can't be destroyed just because the pilot decided to use a completely standard and viable Corvette strategy, such as waltzing right into the middle of an enemy team without using any energy or modules and taking out every ship in sight with a stock loadout.

Corvettes are also extremely lacking in the sustainability department. You see, nearly every other ship gets a very large magazine on its primary weapons. Tactical Cruisers, which are one of the main counters of Corvettes, for example, get infinite ammunition per magazine on their primary weapons.

In order to balance this out and make Corvettes viable again, I hereby also propose that all Corvettes be given infinite ammunition per magazine for all of their weapons.

Lastly, there is a major issue with how Corvette shields are balanced. Currently, Corvette shields block 100% of incoming damage, but deplete extremely quickly. This is extremely unfair to Corvette players, as Dreadnought shields have a fixed duration.

Therefore, in order to remedy this, I hereby propose that all Corvettes be given fixed durations on their shields.

~A skilled Corvette player.

Corvettes are balanced, I swear!

June 24, 2017, 12:10 p.m.

Xerox1231#3200 posted (#post-125902)

In order to balance this out and make Corvettes viable again, I hereby also propose that all Corvettes be given infinite ammunition per magazine for all of their weapons.

Your mere buffs are nothin, to be a viable class vettes (especially light) need it's magazine TWICE as big as magazine of tact crusiers. Reasoning is, tacts are healers and vettes are attackers? Duuuuuh

June 24, 2017, 1:22 p.m.

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-125909)

Your mere buffs are nothin, to be a viable class vettes (especially light) need it's magazine TWICE as big as magazine of tact crusiers. Reasoning is, tacts are healers and vettes are attackers? Duuuuuh

This is not a good strategy, as infinite x 2 is still infinite. Therefore, you would have achieved nothing in your balancing.

Instead, swap Tactical Cruiser and Corvette magazines. That should fix the balancing issue, and make Tactical Cruisers actually require skill, instead of being LMB point farms.

Problem Solved.

Corvettes are balanced, I swear!

June 24, 2017, 2:21 p.m.

Updated //
June 24, 2017, 2:22 p.m.

Xerox1231#3200 posted (#post-125914)

This is not a good strategy, as infinite x 2 is still infinite. Therefore, you would have achieved nothing in your balancing.

Bruh, You ruined my joke. Keep in mind that tacts arent only thread to poor vettes so need nerf destroyers too. Aand Artys. And dreds, actually

June 24, 2017, 2:34 p.m.

Xerox1231#3200 posted (#post-125914)

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-125909)

Instead, swap Tactical Cruiser and Corvette magazines. That should fix the balancing issue, and make Tactical Cruisers actually require skill, instead of being LMB point farms.

Problem Solved.

I have no idea if this was supposed to be a joke or not but infinite ammo on a corvette? are you kidding me? this would make the corvettes are OP argument sooooo much worse and the logic is absolutely flawed where you propose that a physical cartridge type ammo should be infinite yet a beam weapon on a TC which is produced by energy have limited capacity? I don't mean to sound rude but it just doesn't make any logical sense to me..

What would make more sense is having TC beam weapon heat up and have a damage/healing falloff curve and eventually stop working after a certain amount of continuous use.. needing a short cooldown as it "reloads" or "cools off" i was so surprised that this wasn't the case when i started playing a TC for the first time and saw that i could just continuously heal team mates forever.. possibly giving corvettes increased mag size or shorter reload time would solve ammo issues (if any) for corvettes or a combination of both but i don't relay see that happening anytime soon..

BUT somethings what most people who don't play TCs don't understand is that while yes you can in fact heal forever for that "LMB point farms" but that means that you have to be looking at your team mate while you heal (except for autoheal module but that has limited use with cooldowns).. making it really difficult to keep eyes on all teams health and have situational awareness for enemies that are flanking which could also lead to tunnel vision habit which i think everyone agrees is a bad habit to get into..

"The fewer ripples you make in life the fewer waves that can come back on you"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.