FORUMS

Solution to corvettes without nerf or buff

Posted: //
June 24, 2017, 5:37 a.m.

I saw the many posts about corvette being OP or not. I think I have a solution : armor.

I think most agree a corvette shouldn't take down a dreadnought so easily.

So there could be armor which reduces damage by a percentage. Thus the corvette would do considerably less damage to heavy armoured like dreadnought or medium armored destroyer but tremendous damage to lightly armored like corvettes tac or arti.

In short :
Corvette : highest close to mid dps, no armor
Tac : light or no armor
Sniper : no armor but piercing damage (thus balancing to its role and could be considered a buff that many want)
Destroyer : medium armor, some piercing
Dread : highest armor, good piercing

The corvette wouldn't be powerless to a dreadnought but would need perfect positioning or several hits and run to down a nought.

The other would do the same damage as before.

Seems like a fix that wouldn't need any buff/nerf while reinforcing roles for vettes/sniper.

June 24, 2017, 7:33 a.m.

Not to bad by a design, but terrible hard for change game code.
What you suggest can't be done in just like one day by one dev, but rather whole team working on it for about month or so.

June 24, 2017, 7:51 a.m.

Updated //
June 24, 2017, 7:54 a.m.

It can't be done in just a patch but not so hard for a version (i'm a developper). Just have to add a function that modify damage done. It's not that complex. It's a few days work.

It's a beta, major changes will occur.

June 24, 2017, 8:05 a.m.

Nibelungen#5866 posted (#post-125893)

It's a beta, major changes will occur.

Alas, i wouldn't be s sure of it.
Ppl pledge for major changes since 2.0 progression (which was introduced about 9 month ago), and there is still none.
In fact lots of issues, including 'corvettes' problem would be solved, if devs will (once again) will rework current tier mechanics. It would work much better if it would be made as a silver line in between original progression, and 2.0.

June 24, 2017, 8:17 a.m.

Updated //
June 24, 2017, 8:19 a.m.

Because major changes like tier rework would upset the balance and could break the game. The advantage of the armor system is that it keeps the actual system, without needing massive rework or massive balance changes. You just have to change how numbers are applied and minor number tweaks.

June 24, 2017, 8:27 a.m.

Thing is, balance IS broken, badly.
At current iteration even freshly unlocked tier-4 is absolutely no match vs maxed out tier-4, and absolutely OP when placed against t3s, and even t2s.
Giving plain upgrade to damage (and i might add HUGE upgrade) and hitpoints to higher tiers was a huge mistake.

June 24, 2017, 10:16 a.m.

My two cents about the whole corvette issue is the removal of certain OP modules, namely 2. Autorepair and thrust amplifier.

A damage dealing fast hunter should not need a module like this, but rather rely on regeneration inbetween fight. and with the removal of this module for corvettes the tanking vettes issue will be no more + we open up more interesting builds now that autorepair is not a must have.

Thrust amplifier is redundant as the corvette is already the fastest ship type in the game. and even though you are slowed by stasis pulse/missile this module allows the corvette to escape. Removing this module allows for easier crowd control and removes the corvette ability to run into the crowd and then get away using this module.

June 24, 2017, 8:35 p.m.

I like that idea, it wasnt fun shooting a corvette only for him to stop and shoot back because he turned on his autorepair and didnt have to worry about dying

June 24, 2017, 8:36 p.m.

I myself have achieved kills with a corvette while in the middle of a group due to self healing in the middle of a group

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.