FORUMS

Fighter-craft maneuverability

Posted: //
July 6, 2017, 4:46 p.m.

Can someone explain in the meta and in the fluff, why your smaller, and lighter, attack craft like those used by players when they die in TE, have such god awful handling?

I'm not even talking about the fact that they can't stop or anything, I get that a fighter is a lot lighter without a dozen omni-directional engines or whatever, but why can't I fly at the same extreme angles the corvette can? A corvette, when you're flying it, will bank completely sideways, straight up, straight down. But fighters, for whatever reason, have the same pitch-range as a tac cruiser. It ain't right!

July 6, 2017, 5:26 p.m.

Updated //
July 6, 2017, 5:28 p.m.

I suppose they meant to be just an atmospheric fighters, with no maneuvering thrusters and overall not been able to hover and all. But then they of course can be used in space as well (which wouldn't be possible without maneuvering thrusters)

Overall though size isn't really a factor on how fast you turn, true its more mass, but so you can have heavier reactor, and bigger thrusters.

July 7, 2017, 2:40 a.m.

I suppose they meant to be just an atmospheric fighters

Then explain TE in space maps smile

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

July 7, 2017, 10:53 a.m.

SOS-Anyone#6415 posted (#post-127365)

I suppose they meant to be just an atmospheric fighters

Then explain TE in space maps smile

The shipments got mixed up. The space fighters went to the planetary battle regions and the atmospheric fighters got accidentally shipped off to Saturn's rings. It was the postman's fault. He's the guy in the grey box.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.