FORUMS

Healers

Posted: //
July 9, 2017, 2:42 p.m.

Trying out the various ship types and have just started in on healers. I've seen other healers getting huge rewards and even healers making lots of kills and asssists.

I spend all game healing and get little reward, and have no chance of actually engaging ships to kill them, unless a small corvette comes after me.

So how are people getting this huge rewards and kills ?

July 9, 2017, 4:13 p.m.

What you're doing, but more targeted, and probably using energy. Using F3 (enhance weapons) increases your healing as well as increasing damage to enemies. The healing portion is especially important when you've used up your enhanced beam module (can't remember the exact name). To melt corvettes faster use F3 and enhanced beams at the same time.

As for how to increase healing points, getting to T2 is the most useful. Leading up to that, find an area near 3-4 of your teammates (good if there's a dreadnought in the group). This helps maximize points from your repair auto-beams as well as your healing pods.

July 9, 2017, 8:43 p.m.

Team elimination and Ceres Awakens give you the best points for healing. Onslaught gives you the worst. I wouldn't bother trying to level a healer in onslaught.

If you can get a good run of team elimination matches you'll level up to T4 in short time.

As for other healers getting kills, just watch to see if they are actually using a Palos/Harwich, which is not really a healer. It can be a healer but often it's set up for heavy attack. But the symbol is the same as the other healers so often at the end of a match you see the healer symbol and think, 'wow that healer got a lot of kills', when in actual fact he is a Harwich.

Having said that, Aion can get lots of kills and heal, but that usually comes down to the captain having had a lot of practice. And other times, the healer is in a squad with a dreadnought, and the dreadnought purposely tanks damage which the healer gets points for repairing.

Just make sure you got auto repair beams and energy generator. Stay close to the dreadnoughts and heal them like crazy.

July 10, 2017, 3:59 a.m.

Aion Line - Can both heal and damage.
Easy Line for Newbie.
Versatile.
Harwich Line - Can damage enemy but can not heal ( Unless you use Repair Autobeam or Repair Drone as a module )
Very effective against corvette.
However choosing Harwich in the game can lead to a total failure, so you have to explain to your team that
"I'm not a healer!"
Koschei Line - Can both heal and damage, but you have to press Q to change.
( Primary weapon - Only Heal, Secondary weapon - Only Damege )
It's a healing monster!

July 10, 2017, 5:59 p.m.

Well without fail every game i play a healer I come bottom of the table. I dont understand what the problem is unless you have to be in a game where your team is getting a beating all the time.

July 10, 2017, 6:10 p.m.

Not sure what to tell you without knowing the details. If you're healing someone who doesn't need healing, that doesn't count towards points. If you focused healing on one person while everyone burned, you probably won't score well. If you're not amping your heals, using all your modules, keeping your entire team up and gunning, then you might score low. Otherwise I've personally never had a game where I surprised myself with a low score as a Tac. Only in games where the team's spread out and I didn't do much good.

July 10, 2017, 6:29 p.m.

krasus#4994 posted (#post-127733)

Well without fail every game i play a healer I come bottom of the table. I dont understand what the problem is unless you have to be in a game where your team is getting a beating all the time.

In Onslaught a T2 healer can't get many points. But any other game type you should be able to do much better than last place. Just keep practicing not dying. A lot of healing is about staying alive so that you keep racking up the points. Get in the habit of constant small movements and watching out for corvettes.

If you're in a T2 and often playing against veterans then that could explain your low score. Veteran players really go hard against healers and often the easiest one to get is the lower tiered healer. If that is the case put a T1 ship in fleet to ensure you stay in recruit matches.

July 12, 2017, 1:25 p.m.

So what I'm seeing here is that there are certain match types I simply shouldn't bring a "healer" at all. And if the flow of the battle is spreading out, I should switch to a different ship ASAP, since I'm not going to be able to maximize my abilities, and I will get reduced rewards.

I'm a (very) new player of this game, but I've run other games that have "healer" roles. Personally, I'd rather run in repair/support role. I'm curious: are the frontline damage-dealers aware of disincentive to bring support ships, unless the fleet remains massed? Has that affected current thought about desired tactics?

July 12, 2017, 2:54 p.m.

My advice,

1 "Know your 'healer.'"

2 Learn about "Nesting."

krasus#4994 posted (#post-127618)

Trying out the various ship types and have just started in on healers. I've seen other healers getting huge rewards and even healers making lots of kills and asssists.

I spend all game healing and get little reward, and have no chance of actually engaging ships to kill them, unless a small corvette comes after me.

So how are people getting this huge rewards and kills ?

1) Know the Ships.
The 'Best Allround' use ships for General Use TCs as 'Healers' are in large part agreed to be teh Oberon group, with the power to Heal and Harm alike with their main beams. (good idea to keep the Auto-Repair beams)

If you want to go Full Offense while adding aid, the Jupiter Arms group have very good Main Gun beams from a distance that can be fun to use. Just set up a pair of Repair Pods from about 5km back near some cover and laugh as you burn em down... at tier 3. (Self Repair and Blast Pulse with Beam Amp or Tesla both good) At 4+, opens up.

For a Pure Healer role, the Vector-Tader is at tier 4 after the Dola can do a lot to survive as it aid allies.
(Purge Beam is a good idea with Machine Guns for offense, and going with max Energy is not a bad idea)

2) Know about Nesting.
There are a few points on each map you can "Nest" under or next to in helping of your Allies that foes cannot easily get to you from and you can run from for more cover.

These places are up next to walls and have where you can move around to the other side of a place of cover along with moving down from the ledge if are getting shot at.
(Basically hug up near to curved walls and buildings with lots of cover that can protect you)

Just also remember to keep your camera on the Swivel for Low HP allies, with your Sensitivity up to about 2200 to 2600 dpi for your mouse for Control & Speed.
(and to not go chasing after dumb allies that run from the team, you'll just die too)

You SHOULD be able as a well nested healer to get a LOT of EXP on Elimination games along with Team Deathmatch some games where people like to Camp Up against the enemy team for long times.

GLHF, /)

"Glory to the Truth, amen." (>_< '7

July 12, 2017, 7:22 p.m.

I'd like to expand on what Dreadenought said about not chasing after dumb allies. As a rule, I would take this even further and say heal the highest ranked player to the exclusion of everyone else. A high ranked player with healer support is generally worth multiple lower ranked players.

If the high ranked player is ok then heal he others. But often you'll have a healer focusing on trying to keep a low ranked feeder alive as he tries his best to rush the enemy and die, while a high ranked player is sitting right next to you copping a beating.

The exceptions to this rule are when the high ranked players are flying corvettes or Vindicta destroyers. In those cases, they are basically on their own unless they expressly call for repairs.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.