FORUMS

How about Anime Coating or collaboration??

Posted: //
July 10, 2017, 4:17 a.m.

It seems like there are a lot of anime fans around the world.
So to drag their attention in this game, how about releasing anime coatings or even collaboration with them.
In that way they will pay money for coatings, and also they will take a picture and post on their Facebook or Twitter etc.
Eventually, other guys will also join our game.

• More player base to play with.
    How about this idea?

July 10, 2017, 5:12 a.m.

Sorry, no offense about this, but what you're suggesting is most likely not working at all at current game state because of several issues. First of all, the game is basically not in a state of release, owing of several bugs as well as bad implementation of features as well as events, not to mention the devs seems more interested in adding new items to shops instead of fixing more glaring issues at hand (Fix your game first before thinking about adding items). Second, the game's tiny already tiny playerbase means most matches for new players will be a curbstomping battle aginst veteran players. Third, there's no asian-based server or even advertisement in Dreadnought, so the chance of getting anime-oriented player (That mostly resides in asia) is very thin. Fourth, most of space-themed anime is about gundams and mechas, not a huge ship broadsiding each other (I know, I know, there's a lot of space ships in gundams, but most of them is not a focus of the show and mostly only there to be destroyed by gundams for added scenery). Fifth, and the most crucial, the addition of anime-themed skin would be so jarring when compared with realistic-based aesthetic of the game (Never heard about the word "Transhuman" in gundam) Bix, as well as default crew potrait would be so out of place when being compared to gundam/anime vehicle crews and characters. If you want to attract anime fans, do it beyond just a skin. It would be more interesting if the crew potrait and their voice, as well as their aesthetic are altered to suit asian gamers (See girls und panzer mod for World of tanks, which ironically dreadnought based from did it succesfully). I'm not disagree with you, I tell you, I really love this game and I hope that more players are getting inside the game, but seeing how negative community react from developer's neglect lately (mainly for badly implemented event, game mechanic as well as not listening for a change), I doubt having anime-based skin is going to increase the already tiny playerbase. Even if added, not much can be done for posting pictures anyway, since the only time you get an unrestricted, full 360-degree model of your ship is just before a match begin (Which is too short to do any meaningful screenshot) and the hangar view is very limited, no to mention too dim for being screenshoted. For me, at least fix the game first before doing something like this, so when new anime-loving players entered the game, they played a game that's meaningful for them and give them a reason to keep playing, not like being inside a torture simulator

July 10, 2017, 5:53 a.m.

How about no.

July 10, 2017, 7:30 a.m.

No, JUST NO

July 10, 2017, 8:18 a.m.

Weebs out, NO.

尊重Respect友善Friendly包容Tolerance理解Understanding 十萬青年十萬肝,GG輪班救台灣

July 10, 2017, 8:20 a.m.

Updated //
July 10, 2017, 8:21 a.m.

I don't know, it might not be that bad. Maybe it...

Imgur

...oh, oh god, no. No.

July 10, 2017, 8:23 a.m.

It seems like everyone hates anime :/

July 10, 2017, 8:27 a.m.

People like kittens too, maybe we could get kittens on our dreadnoughts. smile

July 10, 2017, 8:45 a.m.

I like steak, and I like ice cream. But I don't want steak in my ice cream.

July 10, 2017, 9:27 a.m.

Updated //
July 10, 2017, 9:29 a.m.

Sonatine#7510 posted (#post-127686)

I like steak, and I like ice cream. But I don't want steak in my ice cream.

I got what you are talking about.
Both are great, but combined = nah ......>

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.