FORUMS

Need bigger playerbase.

Posted: //
July 13, 2017, 2:55 a.m.

SOme marketing campaign would be in order.
At non-peak times the queue times are very long. Already sitting 4 minutes in, and counting.

2 minutes for lobby based game with short matches is already considered long. Over 5 minutes is considered dead-at-this-time.

July 13, 2017, 3:30 a.m.

I just got the game downloaded because Facebook ran an ad for it.So they are trying to get the word out. I just posted about this game on my gaming FB page among friends since I have enjoyed the game so far.

July 13, 2017, 3:57 p.m.

Updated //
July 13, 2017, 4:05 p.m.

Campaigns are running for PC currently (and running in very light form for PS4, though it's driving founders pack sales so that base will always be smaller for a bit longer).

For example, just from my feed two minutes ago:
http://i.imgur.com/F8HzzNX.png

The player bases on both platforms will grow significantly over the next few months as our user acquisition efforts expand and our player funnel broadens.

Our desired target queue times are sub-three minutes, so we agree with you that five minutes (or more) is too long. We have other measures in the future, that we aren't discussing yet, that will help improve this experience too.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

July 13, 2017, 4:37 p.m.

That's why I haven't seen any advertising anywhere, it's on FB. Well I don't do FB...

"You don't mind that I overclocked the ship's modules, right? I mean, it's not like they've caught on fire..."

July 13, 2017, 5:02 p.m.

I learned about the game from Westie.

July 13, 2017, 5:48 p.m.

Im here just becouse i saw a Facebook Campaign.

July 13, 2017, 6:16 p.m.

Facebook is just one place we're running marketing. We have many other vehicles running across other channels, non social network channels. We'll be doing more branding exercises as well ramping more into August, September, October, etc.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

July 13, 2017, 7:18 p.m.

DN_Svenice#5360 posted (#post-128055)

Facebook is just one place we're running marketing. We have many other vehicles running across other channels, non social network channels. We'll be doing more branding exercises as well ramping more into August, September, October, etc.

I know a bit about online marketing, enough to know it is fraught with danger. You have a very strong word of mouth campaign. The person I brought into this game has already spent $100USD, and is happy to spend more.

I stopped using online advertising for my business because i could clearly see that the auction process for ad space was rigged. I would certainly, never pay to display my ads to third party sites due to the rampant click fraud. That's just throwing money to criminals.

I found this game through a recommended YouTube video. I don't think you had to pay for that. The YouTube algorithm just correctly predicted that I would be interested in Dreadnought.

I'd put any advertising money directly into fixing matchmaking so that players actually have a fair chance of winning each battle. I constantly see new players lamenting about the unfairness of the matchmaking. I feel their pain. I've resigned myself to going direct to T5 in the vain hope that I might actually get some fair fights in legendary when the new battle bonus system is implemented.

July 16, 2017, 12:13 a.m.

The best solution, as usual, would be to un-release the progression 2.0 update.

-Remove maintenance IMMEDIATELY instead of waiting for unknown time until they can balance the new system.
-Remove tier system IMMEDIATELY and open the way for the current tiered designs to add to the pool of paid cosmetics.
-Removal of tiers means less artificial divides on matchmaking, speeding up queues INSTANTLY.
-Return to when the game was AWESOME will bring back a lot of old players who quit over the mistake that was 2.0
-More players on top of an already-improved matchmaking system = epic win.

I've been saying this off and on since the devs decided to trash the best parts of the game. It was true then, it's true now, it will be true if and when they actually get around to replacing maintenance with the planned new system (which would be easier to balance without a tier system and thus make it into circulation faster).

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

July 16, 2017, 4:48 a.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-128247)

The best solution, as usual, would be to un-release the progression 2.0 update.

-Remove maintenance IMMEDIATELY instead of waiting for unknown time until they can balance the new system.
-Remove tier system IMMEDIATELY and open the way for the current tiered designs to add to the pool of paid cosmetics.
-Removal of tiers means less artificial divides on matchmaking, speeding up queues INSTANTLY.

I think they did remove maintenance, or I haven't seen any lately. Tier is needed, but need a redesign, for example:
- Recruit = T1 + T2
- Veteran = T2 + T3
- Expert = T3 + T4
- Legend = T4 + T5

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.