FORUMS

Tier 3/4 matchmaking

Posted: //
July 14, 2017, 8:49 a.m.

Matchmaking needs to be restructured that tier3s are not pit against tier4s in every single match. Some matches, yes. Of course. As it stands, however, you are just a second-class citizen if you're playing a tier3. You know how much fun it is to play t3 corvette when all the enemy soft targets are t4? Zero. Zero fun. Likewise trying to play a t3 nought against t4 damage dealers. You can't tank a thing.

I realize that you want to incentivize spending money to overcome the huge tier3 hurdle to get to a point where you can actually have an impact. Practices like this, however, degrade the entire product. Everyone should have matches where they are the bigger class, as well as matches where they are the smaller class. Maybe even the occasional match where they are the only class.

I'd also fight for having the higher tier of ships in a match be worth more victory points in TDM and Onslaught. They're more powerful ships, so taking one down should be more rewarding. In elimination, well, taking down a big ship is its own reward.

While I'm here - we've been through tons of patches, but t2's in veteran and massive t4 team allocation imbalance persist. These issues are enormous and have obvious solutions. Don't matchmake people into tier3-4 without a single tier3 ship. Don't populate a team with more than one more tier4 than the opposing side.

July 15, 2017, 9:35 p.m.

The issue here is that the jump between tier 3 and tier 4 ships is significant enough to make the match making frustrating for tier 3 players. I sometimes sit there watching a T3 cruiser, with weapons pulse and enhanced firepower pounding away at a Tier 4 ship, and the health bar doesnt move.

This isnt enjoyable.

Sadly we dont see any T2-T3 matchups so I don't know if there is the same problem there, but imbalance in PVP games kills PVP. Why can't developers ever comprehend that ?

July 17, 2017, 3:37 p.m.

Grinding T3 ships sucks. Playing unupgraded T4 ships is way more fun.

Can't imagine when I have modules unlocked. 1 T4 module costs more than a T3 ship.

July 18, 2017, 1:42 p.m.

Well, the same thing happen with T2 against T3-T4s. Cant even scratch a T4 Dread with a T2 destroyer yet Im pitted against those odds every 2 games. I use a corvette when that happends now but even then, my only option is to try and damage already dying ships or get a lucky shot and get a solo Artillery ship.

July 18, 2017, 3:01 p.m.

Make sure you have at least 1 T1 in your fleet. That should eliminate T2 verse T4.

T2 actually feels more balanced ship wise and no maintenance.

July 18, 2017, 3:07 p.m.

Maddmazz#2719 posted (#post-128497)

Make sure you have at least 1 T1 in your fleet. That should eliminate T2 verse T4.

T2 actually feels more balanced ship wise and no maintenance.

Oh! Will try that then, thanks!

July 18, 2017, 5:10 p.m.

Maddmazz#2719 posted (#post-128497)

Make sure you have at least 1 T1 in your fleet

This no longer guarantees you will be kept out of veteran matches on PS4.

"I'm not grown up. Or I'm too grown up now, I think I just killed someone" -BMO

July 19, 2017, 12:16 p.m.

PC master race. 😆

July 20, 2017, 2:22 p.m.

Indeed. Consoles players deserve every negative they get smile

Its a shame this game falls apart at t3. Its enjoyable at 1 and 2 but T3 is horrible.

July 21, 2017, 9:30 a.m.

Well in my humble opinion, Veteran Fleet matchmaking is too broad, I would suggest splitting the Veteran bracket in two: one for ships T2-T3, the other for T3-T4 ships

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.