FORUMS

Why I am quitting the game

Posted: //
July 25, 2017, 5:14 p.m.

Just found out it takes 40+ games to grind a SINGLE t4 once you get to t3.

Using dramatically inferior t3 ships the whole way.

No thanks.

Someone email me at thejrade@live.com if they ever fix the matchmaking system.

July 25, 2017, 11:07 p.m.

It's not that bad. All these types of games are grindy. WoT WoWs Warthunder etc.

Pick 1 ship you want and grind and then only keep that ship and fully researched ships in your fleet. With a little xp conversion you can be in a T4 in no time.

July 25, 2017, 11:54 p.m.

"Dramatically inferior"? Come on, T3 isn't that bad. I regularly outplay many T4s in whatever T3 ship I happen to be progressing through at the time. Sure, some match-ups aren't meant to be, but most T3 ships can hold up against T4s with the right tactics.

July 26, 2017, 4:12 a.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-129040)

"Dramatically inferior"? Come on, T3 isn't that bad. I regularly outplay many T4s in whatever T3 ship I happen to be progressing through at the time. Sure, some match-ups aren't meant to be, but most T3 ships can hold up against T4s with the right tactics.

Just No.
Sorry to say that but starting T3 ships are ALWAYS prey to T4 corvettes, artillery and destroyers, especially the fresh ones...there is hardly any possibility to "outplay" a T4 (besides the pilot is brain afk...).
And against a T4 dread T3 just makes not enough damage to have a real chance in a 1o1...And this is really frustrating. I can understand that people quit in this stage of the game (and many do, I am sure).

It does change with the later modules you get (especially Officer briefings!), but the start is just as horrible as described. I have all T3 unlocked but I just wont play them because it was so horrible to grind Fulgura. Still have nightmares....

Pro-Tip: Save Free XP to get the Officer briefings of T3 ships without flying them. THIS helped me a lot.

Game developers always do the right thing - after the management tried all other possibilities beforehand

July 26, 2017, 5:22 a.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-129040)

I 1-hit kill T3 Corvettes with my Muro Sniper + Nox Perk & Energy to weapons.
It does make a big difference depending on what you play.
Even if it didn't I can certainly unterstand how frustrating it can be to lose a battle not because you play worse, but because your gear is.
That's why have been avoiding legendary right now even though I have multiple fully leveled T IVs.

July 26, 2017, 8:40 a.m.

Miles__Teg#1156 posted (#post-129048)
Sorry to say that but starting T3 ships are ALWAYS prey to T4 corvettes, artillery and destroyers, especially the fresh ones...there is hardly any possibility to "outplay" a T4 (besides the pilot is brain afk...).
And against a T4 dread T3 just makes not enough damage to have a real chance in a 1o1...And this is really frustrating. I can understand that people quit in this stage of the game (and many do, I am sure).

My completely fresh T3 Palos (shortly after the last progression wipe) was straight away preying on T4 corvettes, and my (relatively) fresh T3 Otranto was reliably destroying T4 artilleries (and the occasional 'vette and destroyer) just the other night... so I'm going to have to call that statement false. Several of my other T3 ships were additionally doing well immediately after unlocking them (Ceres, Vucari, Ballista, Fulgora). Admittedly I have a lot of experience behind me which the new players wont have... but surely they can learn?
As for your point about T4 dreadnoughts, some T3 ships can effectively 1v1 them... although I don't recommend it. This is a team game after all, people shouldn't really be trying to solo a tank.

AaD_Sdric#9600 posted (#post-129053)
I 1-hit kill T3 Corvettes with my Muro Sniper + Nox Perk & Energy to weapons.

Being that corvettes are the squishiest ship, this is of little surprise to me. The Ballista (T3 artillery) is also more than capable of pulling off this feat.

July 26, 2017, 9:48 a.m.

The game does get tough at certain stages - especially when you get a new Tier ship. A fully upgraded T3 ship is much better than a new T3 ship - and the grind to get to those upgrades can be rough.

I don't know if I agree with the whole grind bit - is it really necessary? But then, I guess it gives players an incentive to play? I'm sure there's psychology that plays a big role in all this - much like it does in most RPGs. Then again, I've upgraded most of my t4 ships, and if the eternal level up is the reason why people play, you'd think that I'd lose interest, yet I still enjoy playing - as it's becoming more like a game of chess (where certain modules counter enemy modules and certain ships counter enemy ships more effectively - so it all then becomes about strategy and figuring out the best fit for your ships).

Indeed, it's this chess-like mechanic that you get to play with when you have 4 or 5 fully upgraded T4 ships is where the game really shines. I'm certain that many people quit because they never get to experience it due to the eternal grind.

The eternal grind is also the reason why T5 battles are nearly non-existent.

There was a time when this game had a 'bug' - ships were awarded credits and points of the ships ranked below you - you'd usually get 5K credits per each game if you were the top player. That made the grind seem less significant - then they 'fixed' that and the grind was back in it's full glory. Little did the developers know that the 'bug' was actually a feature - and they removed it.

Perhaps one day they'll wake up and change the system?

We shall see.

July 26, 2017, 9:51 a.m.

This is such nonsense. I got to teir 4 in less than a week without elite status 2x exp. You should be getting around 2k exp per game if you play halfway decent. If you play healer, around 4k. If you're a good healer and carry offensive modules as well, you can really rack up the points. Most I've got before was 13k EXP with the Aion.

July 26, 2017, 10:04 a.m.

I got my T4 Aion with just 20-25 hours of game time, completely fresh and clueless player. I think that's pretty ok

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

July 26, 2017, 10:12 a.m.

SmokerT69#9758 posted (#post-129069)

This is such nonsense. I got to teir 4 in less than a week without elite status 2x exp. You should be getting around 2k exp per game if you play halfway decent. If you play healer, around 4k. If you're a good healer and carry offensive modules as well, you can really rack up the points. Most I've got before was 13k EXP with the Aion.

Maybe not every game, right? Team Elimination, yes. Onslaught? I'm thinking probably notsmile

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.