FORUMS

there should be a fan fiction forum section

Posted: //
July 26, 2017, 1:44 a.m.

Updated //
July 26, 2017, 1:45 a.m.

i mean of course you, the community would vote on a yes or no, but imagine creating a forum section where we could add onto the lore, make our own lore based after our fleets, etc that be awesome, who else wants this?

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

July 26, 2017, 4:29 a.m.

Seconded.
I would be happy to post some material under "Fan Fiction".

Glaive, spear, sword and knife,
Manfully handle, and in other's hands ruin.
--Liechtenenauer's Verses, Von Danzig, 1452

July 26, 2017, 8:12 a.m.

You sure? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/77/e7/b9/77e7b9d3f1c90e86bde3f2b47a7591b1--glenn-quagmire-family-tv.jpg

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

July 26, 2017, 1:10 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-129060)

You sure? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/77/e7/b9/77e7b9d3f1c90e86bde3f2b47a7591b1--glenn-quagmire-family-tv.jpg

unless the community is that bad then having a fan lore section be perfect!

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

July 30, 2017, 10:32 a.m.

An Erotic Fan Fiction section?

As the Aion commander caressed the aft section of the damaged Lorica with his strong yet gentle healing beam, he lit some candles and turned up the smooth jazz. "I've been hurt before" the Lorica replied, all the while moving further into the Aions 5km range. "Don't worry, you are always safe with me" said the Aion as he slowly ran his beam up and down the hull of the Lorica.

Right? I think the OP is onto something.

"I'm not grown up. Or I'm too grown up now, I think I just killed someone" -BMO

Aug. 3, 2017, 7:25 a.m.

Best laugh I have had today! Thanks Dunk!!

Glaive, spear, sword and knife,
Manfully handle, and in other's hands ruin.
--Liechtenenauer's Verses, Von Danzig, 1452

Aug. 27, 2017, 10:23 a.m.

Dunk Mujunk#4849 posted (#post-129702)

An Erotic Fan Fiction section?

As the Aion commander caressed the aft section of the damaged Lorica with his strong yet gentle healing beam, he lit some candles and turned up the smooth jazz. "I've been hurt before" the Lorica replied, all the while moving further into the Aions 5km range. "Don't worry, you are always safe with me" said the Aion as he slowly ran his beam up and down the hull of the Lorica.

Perfect.

Oct. 1, 2017, 5:48 a.m.

The Tactician#7577 posted (#post-129046)

i mean of course you, the community would vote on a yes or no, but imagine creating a forum section where we could add onto the lore, make our own lore based after our fleets, etc that be awesome, who else wants this?

I'll toss my own hat into this ring. The chunks of lore we have are really juicy bits. The cause of the war is so tragic, the ending to it essentially ripped the heart out of the trans-humans and the Fleet itself. The greatest heroic figure of the age (that we know of yet) turned traitor and mercenary/outlaw/pirate? The bits we learn on the legendary ship backgrounds that indicate thefts of ships (REAL Piracy!) are ongoing?

Combine that with what we hear from the man himself in the opening tutorials and it is a grand canvas with brilliant colors and texture... but so little painted upon it yet. Give people a place to put it out of the way of those who aren't interested for the good of everyone.

Everything from indoor plumbing to the cure for smallpox happened because somebody looked at the state of the world and said, "This is bull**it. We deserve better."

Nov. 8, 2017, 10:33 p.m.

I've actually been working on a Dreadnought-based story series. It doesn't take place within the same universe, but the ships are based on Dreadnought's.

Dread naught.

Dec. 3, 2017, 5:09 p.m.

I know I'm reviving a month old post, but I wholeheartedly second (third?) this idea. I've been doing some scribblings myself, ranging from how Bix transformed the PCF Morningstar into the glorious winged forecastle monster it later became to some of the obscure and seldom mentioned ships like Bix's Ravenswood. Has anyone else been speculating on what it would look like to be out "scavenging" for Transhuman tech? Also, any thoughts on where (here in the forums? elsewhere?) one would post Fanfic so the community could find it easily?

Fly Free

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.