FORUMS

Battle Bonus Feedback: Or why you won't be seeing me purchase premium again

Posted: //
July 27, 2017, 4:18 a.m.

Updated //
July 27, 2017, 5:06 a.m.

1.) The base resource gain has been nerfed incredibly hard. So hard, that playing Veteran or Legendary is just not worth it without battle bonus.

2.) This leads to a situation where level 50 players (or high level players in general) who want to generate money are forced into playing recruit matches.

3.) The conclusion are matches like these which aren't fun for the more experienced players and just utterly frustrating for new ones, potentially driving them away from the game.

4.) Allow experienced players to actually get a decent form of progress in non Battle Bonus Veteran/Legendary matches.
The current base rate is just FAR to low after you nerfed point gain to less than half of what it used to be (e.g. in Onslaught).

5.) Consider that the lower base rate also means less premium rewards. As a premium player I consider this particularly infuriating and I will not be investing in more money into this game / premium time until this is fixed.

July 27, 2017, 4:42 a.m.

My initially reaction from playing last night is similar. It really doesn't feel like my elite status is contributing enough to be worth having.

I'd assumed that the system would work out as before, where elite status basically offset the effect of maintenance. I wasn't expecting to make a loss by reactivating battle bonus. The cost of battle bonus seems really high, or the benefit of elite seems too low.

Hopefully we'll see the numbers get tweaked as the devs get data on how it shakes out.

July 27, 2017, 4:47 a.m.

I agree in all points with AaD_Sdric, with premium now i get less than half of what i used to ear per match if "battle bonus" is not active.
It´s a bad situation made worse since maintenance, especially since the bonus costs 4x the credits than maintenance with barely any chance of earning that back with a win.

Premium is a luxury joke now with the greatly decreased base income.
As of right now i see no point of renewing that when it runs out.

July 27, 2017, 4:52 a.m.

Yup base score is utter garbage now 18/0/4 in TDM and 1300 points pffft.
Watching my average score plummet like a stone after all the work i put in getting it there with next to no healing feels like a kick in the teeth.
Rewards with BB are defo fine though and I said ages ago this system will end up flooding recruit with experienced players.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

July 27, 2017, 6:01 a.m.

So base line argument would be that Premium rewards shall start to kick in, after all extra bonuses are added or that Premium is increased (no\diminished counter for BB if you are elite?).

I would agree that there is a need for refinement regarding the scores. But the system itself is working for me (at least...).

Game developers always do the right thing - after the management tried all other possibilities beforehand

July 27, 2017, 9:53 a.m.

Updated //
July 27, 2017, 9:54 a.m.

We spoke. They listened... and devised a trickier way to leave us in the same trap.

Playing recruit is only good for credits as I maxed out my t2s ages ago so all they earn is that 'fee' xp and it gives no bonus to the actual free xp.

By boosting the amount of ship xp we earn and simultaneously cutting back our free xp they have, from both ends, trapped us in a situation where we are in an even slower grind unless we fork over $$$.

With Elite status in a vet match before 1.8 every ship would earn a base of xp 291. Now it's 185ish? I forget exactly but I did the math at the time and the bottom line is that they cut down our rewards by %37...

That's equine excrement.

July 27, 2017, 10:50 a.m.

Winning in Recruit gives me more exp than before (but it's useless since I maxed out all T1 and T2 ships), but now I have to win and really top the scores to get the same credits as before, with battle bonus.

My latest game, 9/1/3 with Nav dreadnaught, yield 800 points ...... then it translates to around 1800 credits and 3300 exp which everything added, which is pretty much the same as before. But now I get much less when losing.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

July 27, 2017, 10:58 a.m.

I earn slightly more in recruit -- about 2k credits and 5k exp on average. I earn about the same in vet/legendary with the bonus, and without the bonus its simply not viable to play. I now am only willing to play just my first game each day then log out and do something productive. This has completely killed the game for me.

July 27, 2017, 11:29 a.m.

I think pretty much everyone has mentioned the problems so far. The xp nerf sucks hard, no point in paying for premium anymore (which sucks a lot when you just bought quite a few weeks of premium), And the cost/time to get back to battle readiness is way too much. I really agree with Garbad, I really just log on, play my one game, and then do something else.

July 27, 2017, 11:30 a.m.

I'm not a fan either on first impression. However, I'd like to see some hard detailed numbers crunched for at least Recruit & Veteran matches - I want to compare overall ship XP, free XP, and space bucks earned over a total of 5ish consecutive matches; this way we can see how the overall grind has changed, rather than just comparing individual match values that change based on if Battle Bonus is on or off.

However, this may be problematic because we may have difficulty knowing what we used to earn; hopefully there will be enough YouTube videos available for someone or a few of us (not me) to do us all the service to crunch the numbers.

Right now, I'm hypothesizing that for all but the most talented players one Battle Bonus match equates to the earnings of 2 (or maybe even 3?) non-Battle Bonus matches.

I also see that having to switch fleets while waiting for Battle Bonus to renew will be less of a hassle for those with Legendary ships (another fleet to get XP for moving from T4 to T5); this in a way may make some players stuck with trying to get from T3 to their first T4 feel more exasperated?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.