FORUMS

Battle Bonus Feedback: Or why you won't be seeing me purchase premium again

Posted: //
July 27, 2017, 11:42 a.m.

Updated //
July 27, 2017, 11:43 a.m.

Free EXP are another factor: We're getting FAR less than before.

Overall I lose any motivation to play continuous matches, which is already starting to kill my motivation to play at all - and that's not just me, but also multiple other members of my clan who feel the same.

July 27, 2017, 11:57 a.m.

New system has made me not want to play at all I didn't mind the old maintenance system.
The only issue i had with the old was rewards, score and maintenance didn't scale with tiers.
Kudos to DN for testing something new though I just think it is the wrong way to go.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

July 27, 2017, 1:51 p.m.

The maintenance system has always been aimed at creating encouragement to spend gp on credit packs.
This system continues the logic perfectly and you can even play the game without having to part with the credits that you already have - you simply don't get them in the first place.

July 27, 2017, 2:18 p.m.

Wow. I have to say. The Devs killed the rewards. It's taken me 5 games in veteran to get 6K XP. I used to get that in 2-3 games. The only thing this new system has shown me is how bad the match making is in Veteran matches. You completely stomp or get completly stomped. Add that in to the rewards being garbage..... its made the game unplayable for me.which is sad. I really enjoyed the fun close matches in recrute, veteran games are horribly one sided. Time to have 5 divisions so the power creep and gap between tires it not a deciding factor in winning a match.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 27, 2017, 5:51 p.m.

to hard to level now even in premium i fell like premium is very cheap

July 27, 2017, 6:27 p.m.

It's just terrible , i just buyed one month of elite status and it does nothing right now. Grinding is very hard , i defended this game till now, but this is really punishing players. Please tweak those numbers.

July 27, 2017, 9:55 p.m.

New system is interesting.

Battle bonus is always enabled for Recruit.

Twenty five minute cool down for Veteran.

Forty five minute cool down for Legendary.

Actually tried my first Legendary match in Proving Grounds. Much tougher than Veteran's Proving Grounds.

What I used to use in Veteran's is now my fleet in Legendary except no tier 3 ship. Only plan on using it in Proving Grounds. One minute queuing!

My tier 3 ships that are not maxed, are my new Veterans fleet. Still trying to figure out a Recruit fleet as all are maxed. Trying to decide if I want to pay to convert Xp to FreeXP. Not a fan of that transaction. May just collect monies from those matches.

I'm sure that seal clubbing is not the direct object of the developers, but they need Veteran players to play down or there will not be enough players for Recruit matches. If you don't find seal clubbing much fun, club some AI ships in Proving grounds. You'll probably play twice the matches in the same time, and AI ships don't mind being clubbed. Guiltless pleasure.

Another choice is to play the matches with Battle Bonus, and then do something else while the cool down progresses.

For any developers reading this thread, elite is functionally worthless. Include a cool down reduction and people will butyit again. I'd suggest 30 - 50% cool down reduction.

July 28, 2017, 12:22 a.m.

I don't have legendary fleet yet so I cannot say, but no one will ever pay for bonus for veteran, EVER. On my best day, with my Aion in a TE match that reach score cap 10k before 1.8, I got around 5k credits and 13k exp. Now with 1.8 all that is halved, so 2.5k credits and 6.5k exp. Now let say bonus double everything which means I have back the same as before.

Now assuming I'm an average player which win 1 out of 2 games I play, but I pay for bonus in both of them, which means I lose 7k credits for about 4k credits and 10k exp, on my best day.

I don't know about you but that looks like a bad trade if you perform any less than #1 spot

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

July 28, 2017, 8:16 a.m.

Updated //
July 28, 2017, 8:18 a.m.

Another aspect is how battle bonus feels:
With maintenance losses felt bad: But you still had an encouragement to do your best, since the top player of the losing team didn't have to pay.
It was an encouragement to play even lost matches. It made losses feel less bad.

Now we have a system where playing 2 games in a row automatically treats the 2nd match as a loss reward wise even if you do your best and win; losses feel even worse - be it because your bonus was wasted on a bad match or because you get close to nothing if you play without bonus, or simply becasue the incentive to do your best in lost matches is gone (OR because the new system encourages leaving and playing a lost match with less players feels even worse).

The new system is feeling extremely bad and utterly discouraging to play at all.
I got multiple T IV but - as a (formerly extremely active) premium player even - I don't feel like I am ever going to be able to afford a T V with this system. I did tend to perform very well on average, which means that I often didn't have to pay maintenance.

My credit gain overall has been nerfed hard and my remaining premium points are utterly worthless now.
It's like ordering a cake for your birthday - they bake half of it and then suddenly give you the rest as dough.
Cutting premium rewards so incredibly hard mid-duration feels like getting betrayed in a deal.
This makes a horrific system feel even worse.
It hasn't been long since BB, but my average play time already has gone down, if this system doesn't get fixed you'll have one less paying player.

July 28, 2017, 10:03 a.m.

Updated //
July 28, 2017, 10:04 a.m.

AaD_Sdric#9600 posted (#post-129448)

Another aspect is how battle bonus feels:
With maintenance losses felt bad: But you still had an encouragement to do your best, since the top player of the losing team didn't have to pay.
It was an encouragement to play even lost matches. It made losses feel less bad.

Now we have a system where playing 2 games in a row automatically treats the 2nd match as a loss reward wise even if you do your best and win; losses feel even worse - be it because your bonus was wasted on a bad match or because you get close to nothing if you play without bonus, or simply becasue the incentive to do your best in lost matches is gone (OR because the new system encourages leaving and playing a lost match with less players feels even worse).

The new system is feeling extremely bad and utterly discouraging to play at all.
I got multiple T IV but - as a (formerly extremely active) premium player even - I don't feel like I am ever going to be able to afford a T V with this system. I did tend to perform very well on average, which means that I often didn't have to pay maintenance.

My credit gain overall has been nerfed hard and my remaining premium points are utterly worthless now.
It's like ordering a cake for your birthday - they bake half of it and then suddenly give you the rest as dough.
Cutting premium rewards so incredibly hard mid-duration feels like getting betrayed in a deal.
This makes a horrific system feel even worse.
It hasn't been long since BB, but my average play time already has gone down, if this system doesn't get fixed you'll have one less paying player.

I agree with your points. I am new to the game and started playing right before the update. I was initially excited but now not so optimistic. All the dev's have really done here is trade the previous forms of punishment for a new punishment in the form of a very discouraging grind. The decreased gains in XP and credits are glaring to the point that I don't even want to play a veteran match unless the bonus is up...it's a complete waste of time otherwise. So I play one match on veteran, then wait for the timer to reset. Forcing us to play this way to optimize our gains is fun because why exactly? And 3500 credits to reset it? Seriously?

Having the bonus up all the time on recruit is nice and all, but when you have all the tier II ships fully researched what's the point? To punishingly scrape out a few more credits? To encourage you to spend more money to convert all that free XP to mitigate some of this ridiculous, now punishing grind? I see this game setting itself up to have the same type of grubby-handed, pay-to-advance, pay-to-win, power-creeping business model that WOT has currently going on, which is why I quit spending money on that game or playing it.

I regret having spent money for elite time. A complete waste now.

This game has so much potential. I hope the Dev's and this company get the dollar signs out of their eyes and focus on fixing this mess. They have a long way to go yet.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.