FORUMS

Constructive Feedback about the light artillery (Nox)

Posted: //
July 27, 2017, 8:35 a.m.

Hello Captains

Yesterday during the official stream some peoples, including me, where tryng to ask the Devs about the Light artillery in general, but more specifically about the T4 Nox. I figured that just asking if they will "FIX NOX PLZ!" is not a constructive feedback at all.

So what i will try to do here is give my point of view about that topic.

1. The first bad thing you notice as soon you put hands on this ship is the terrible screen shaking when you fire it. The worst part is that it shakes a lot , especially when you try to fire the full clip, i remember having some sickness from it after a whyle.

2. Now let's go to the primary weapon. In general is weak and does real damage only if you are helping other allies bringing down other ships. What i think can be a good balance is having shorter reload times, and the possibility to auto fire when you hold left-click. At this state is not effective, the dps is too low.

3. Since is a light artillery it should be used as a sneak/assassin ship , but it does not have that much maneuverability, it has the same of the Murometz (35.00). So why a player should play the Nox instead?

What i think is that, the oberon arty does not have a place in the current game, there are better ships that do way better. I use it as a bomb catapult carrier , but even like this it doesn't feel like you accomplish that much. Again if the Akula arty has the same maneuverability why bother using a ship that is the same but with a weaker gun, wider Hit Box, and less Healt????

What we ask for is a place for this ship in the current game, a ship that as real strenghts.
Im writing this becouse i love the concept of a light artillery , and nox was my first T4 ship. So please take notes of those problems, and to other players: feel free to add what you think!

July 27, 2017, 9:14 a.m.

Not that i'm too experienced (I have played only T2 Light Artillery), but wouldn't Siege Mode be better on this ship than Bomb Catapult?
I have played Ballista and Tugarin with Siege too, but they have a long delay between shots, making it hard to land them all, while the Furia seems to be able to fire them all in a fraction of a second, giving it a substantial burst potential

July 27, 2017, 9:22 a.m.

The strength of the Nox is the 360 firing, but I agree with the DPS as it is at the moment it doesn't really contribute much to the field. I can do more damage with only a slight reduction in maneuverability but a massive buff to survivability using my Vigo.

How about something really crazy and allow it to fit the heavy cloak.

That would fit in with the idea of it being a super mobile stealth sniper. In generally allowing different manufactures to use different modules would really help with the differentiation.

Making it fire automatically, rather than once per click, would help the user experience of playing it alot, but I don't think that would really change how useful it is in game.

Faster reloads would be nice.

July 27, 2017, 9:24 a.m.

Updated //
July 27, 2017, 9:25 a.m.

A Flat Earther#9819 posted (#post-129277)

Not that i'm too experienced (I have played only T2 Light Artillery), but wouldn't Siege Mode be better on this ship than Bomb Catapult?
I have played Ballista and Tugarin with Siege too, but they have a long delay between shots, making it hard to land them all, while the Furia seems to be able to fire them all in a fraction of a second, giving it a substantial burst potential

I think (could be wrong) that siege mode only fires forwards which offsets the main advantage of the Nox (360 firing).

Plus, only being able to get kills using modules is pretty un-inspiring.

July 27, 2017, 12:01 p.m.

In some sort of logic, having to hit more shots to do the same amount damage as a different artillery cruiser enables a greater chance of missing one or more shots which therefore diminishes DPS even more. This seems backwards in a way.

In a different way, one could surmise pew pewing a bunch of shots enables a greater degree of correcting the next the shot.

July 28, 2017, 5:28 a.m.

Before the change to the main weapon of the oberon arty, it's DPS if I remember was on par with the medium arty but the clip was the same, this was a long time ago. It's strengh was the 360 degree arc and it's speed.

Hitting targets directly above you is nice. Reverting back to that weapon system, and adding a heavy cloak would give it a ambush type playstyle, giving it a place.

The change in weapon system alienated me personally from the oberon line of arty cruisers.

July 29, 2017, 11:10 a.m.

Updated //
July 29, 2017, 5:50 p.m.

As an experienced Nox player, I do wish the fire rate and damage per shot would return to how it was in Alpha. Currently, I can hold my own with the new DPS and fire-rate, but I have to work twice as hard with aiming. Aiming requires that you utilize small controlled 2-3 firing intervals to decrease amount of barrel rise/over-shoot. So, I recommend players who use the Nox to implement double and/or triple taps into their firing technique.

Now, I've noted that the Nox in its' current state, without module use, is unusable. The DPS is too minimal to be an effective ship. It is a necessity to utilize damage modules to kill enemies e.g Proximity mines and bomb catapult to be effective. Thus, having high damage modules are highly recommended for Nox players.

In terms of mobility, I've found the Nox handles well. Yet, speed is too similar to the Murometz. Which dumbfounds me because I would expect the Nox to be more agile vs the medium artillery. I would recommend to the Devs that ship speed be carried over from T2->T5. It would allow the Nox to be more tailored to its role as a "sneaky sniper," and make it much more satisfying to pilot.

DPT

July 30, 2017, 4:49 a.m.

Well, there is only one strange thing about the Nox for me. When i see a Nox with a random player name, i usually go in without fear and kill it. When i see a Nox with playername "IceCooledFunkMasterMessiah", the cold fear is running down my back and 2 out of 3 battleattempts end in an embarrassing death of mine.

Any Ideas of how to fix this? smile=

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.”

July 30, 2017, 4:53 a.m.

Nox defo needs an auto fire that line is a mouse killer at the mo and yeah please make this ship useful enjoyed the style of play in the Furia despite it feeling pretty weak.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

July 30, 2017, 5:58 a.m.

Updated //
July 30, 2017, 5:59 a.m.

Yeah, I am not getting nox - I've tried playing with t3 (furio?) and you need to click so many times that the ship is practically unusable unless you wish to experience the joys of an early carpal tunnel syndrome.

Imagine COD and them requiring you to click for every shot when using a machine gun - that's basically what it feels like.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.