FORUMS

Some much needed changes

Posted: //
July 27, 2017, 9:21 p.m.

Lets start with MM as that is probably the biggest issue turning new players away from the game right now it needs to be a lot better. I know the player base is not big at the mo but way too often we see one team stacked with T4 while the other team gets 1-2 this should be priority number one.

Vanity items are a complete rip off if I speak honestly what was it $7.50 for a space suit on a capt u see in one screen.
Decals that need to be bought twice if u want a different colour is disgusting the emblems are generic rubbish and the coatings while ok are just plain overpriced. I would also ask whats the deal with some coatings being more expensive does imaginary paint cost more in certain colours ???
If you need to find a better model take a look at Warframe they deal with vanity items so much better in the way they are applied and in cost.

New BB system I personally never wanted this system I have no issue paying maintenance if I perform badly however the rewards and maintenance should scale with tiers and needs to be set at the right amount.
This way people would still want Elite making you money but not feel like it is too much.
As it stands with the BB system I have to keep switching fleets to keep BB which is highly annoying and I will not buy off the cooldown with the one resource i actually need the most of.
New players are also at a disadvantage as they do not have access to Legendary fleets and will only have two fleets to work with thsi will make grinding t3's a longer process for them.
Then there is the base score nerf which feels horrid and makes a mockery of all the work put in getting my average score to where it is now playing healer as little as possible. I do not understand why it was done that way and not change how much reward per score you got which to me seems like an easier and more sensible way of doing it.
And lastly on BB because of the cooldowns more experienced players will end up playing recruit and that is not good for the long term game.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

July 28, 2017, 7:08 p.m.

Updated //
July 28, 2017, 7:08 p.m.

I dont get that T2 and T4 are even able to get into the same match. When the beta was still closed there might have been the smaller playerbase as an argument. But with the beta being open now, i dont think this is necessary anymore.
Think of a new DN player, who just got his 5th T2 ship, maybe all ships still stock. He doesnt know how to dodge the veteran Matchmaking and has to play against T3s and T4s again and again. That's no fun, not for the new player, neither for those T3/T4 pilots. But it's a nice way to make them leave this game, keep that in mind.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

July 28, 2017, 7:15 p.m.

chucky_strike#0982 posted (#post-129527)

I dont get that T2 and T4 are even able to get into the same match. When the beta was still closed there might have been the smaller playerbase as an argument. But with the beta being open now, i dont think this is necessary anymore.
Think of a new DN player, who just got his 5th T2 ship, maybe all ships still stock. He doesnt know how to dodge the veteran Matchmaking and has to play against T3s and T4s again and again. That's no fun, not for the new player, neither for those T3/T4 pilots. But it's a nice way to make them leave this game, keep that in mind.

Agreed I think one way of addressing this is to split any player under a certain rank away from the rest this would give them time to learn and grind without being rofl stomped by much more experienced players.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

July 28, 2017, 7:37 p.m.

Just brake the Tier down to 5 divisions advertise the game to get people in. Veteran matches are a joke. We didn't ask for a lack of rewards. We asked for you guys to get rid of maintenance. Then you gave us BB. It's just as bad. We didn't ask you to cut the rewards we got. We did t ask you to change any of it. Just listen to your players or your game will end up failing before it's out the door.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 28, 2017, 11:17 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-129532)

Just brake the Tier down to 5 divisions advertise the game to get people in. Veteran matches are a joke. We didn't ask for a lack of rewards. We asked for you guys to get rid of maintenance. Then you gave us BB. It's just as bad. We didn't ask you to cut the rewards we got. We did t ask you to change any of it. Just listen to your players or your game will end up failing before it's out the door.

I think people need to be more careful from now on in regards to asking for things. People are now asking for voice chat. You know what will happen? They'll remove the chat altogether. Haha

July 29, 2017, 12:24 a.m.

You have to wonder, after all the players they've lost, new features that were hates by the community, the backlash they receive. Do they actually listen?

We askes for T2 being out of vet matches for the sake of new players, not fixed.

We asked for a better economy, without a fee. 50% fixed

July 29, 2017, 4:50 a.m.

maximmm#5966 posted (#post-129543)

I think people need to be more careful from now on in regards to asking for things. People are now asking for voice chat. You know what will happen? They'll remove the chat altogether. Haha

They can add voip, I'll not use it. I don't want some squeaky voiced kid raging while I'm playing that can stay in CoD and the like. Communication is not the problem. It's the random people who just want to do what they want and not work as a team. But that's people for you.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

July 29, 2017, 5:40 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-129567)

maximmm#5966 posted (#post-129543)

They can add voip, I'll not use it. I don't want some squeaky voiced kid raging while I'm playing that can stay in CoD and the like. Communication is not the problem. It's the random people who just want to do what they want and not work as a team. But that's people for you.

As long as there are mute options that should not be an issue 2bh and it could help a lot with team play.
Although a map that shows where your team is and indicators that show who just called for repairs etc would also go a long way.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

July 29, 2017, 2:23 p.m.

Can the devs please handle gamebreaking thingys instead of VOIP-insertion?
I dont know a single game that became better with in-built VOIP, as most people turn it off as soon as they hear anyone yelling at them the game is not fair or something.
Make each Tier have their own queue and xp/credit/free-xp gains.
I personally prefer waiting 1-2 minutes more for having a balanced experience than stomping T2s or getting stomped by fully equipped T4s while playing T3. And I think I am not alone thinking this way.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

July 29, 2017, 2:48 p.m.

chucky_strike#0982 posted (#post-129616)

Can the devs please handle gamebreaking thingys instead of VOIP-insertion?
I dont know a single game that became better with in-built VOIP, as most people turn it off as soon as they hear anyone yelling at them the game is not fair or something.
Make each Tier have their own queue and xp/credit/free-xp gains.
I personally prefer waiting 1-2 minutes more for having a balanced experience than stomping T2s or getting stomped by fully equipped T4s while playing T3. And I think I am not alone thinking this way.

you are not alone.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.