FORUMS

I spent a lot of $$ for 1 year elite status one week ago, now its worthless thanks

Posted: //
July 29, 2017, 3:43 p.m.

I've occasionally played the game since closed beta. I went to PAX seattle twice and went to your booth and we (some friends) showed our support.

I looked up to see if there would be another reset, and found this thread

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/52764/

and I figured that since there wouldn't be a reset, I wouldn't mind supporting this great game.

And then battle bonus came. At first I liked it because I have a huge stockpile of resources, and could simply buy more and more battle bonus.

Simply buying up legendary battle bonus wasn't a problem, so I've been able to get the 2nd tier 4 ship I've been coveting.

However I can see now that I'm going to have to go to the 2:1 grinding that everyone hates, and having paid that money for only the tiniest of added earnings. Its literally 1/10th the exp of legendary battle bonus.

July 29, 2017, 4:09 p.m.

Elite status should probably be changed to reducing battle bonus cool down.

New system needs a new look at what elite status bonus is.

July 29, 2017, 5:10 p.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-129632)

Elite status should probably be changed to reducing battle bonus cool down.

New system needs a new look at what elite status bonus is.

Yeah. If they would have made a proper introduction to the community ("we cut down the score by half!") this very important question would have been discussed BEFORE (not in the middle of a video, you put out 2 days before implementing). Now we have the mess...

I hope they refund these players. It is just soo unnessecary . . .

Game developers always do the right thing - after the management tried all other possibilities beforehand

July 30, 2017, 4:58 a.m.

I only had about 3 days of elite left when the patch hit but they are defo wasted as elite bonus is tied to base score which was nerfed to h.e.l.l. and back for no reason at all.
What i want to know is will we be refunded our elite days that have been wasted ?

P.s. H.e.l.l. is a flagged word c'mon seriously lol

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

July 30, 2017, 5:36 a.m.

I'd gladly have a refund on my elite status.

July 30, 2017, 1:09 p.m.

Its literally the only bonus that doesn't stack, if you watch the progression. All the other bonuses stack on each other until you get to elite status.

If it stacked AFTER battle bonus that would totally work for me

July 30, 2017, 3:20 p.m.

Updated //
July 30, 2017, 3:22 p.m.

put in a refund request. Be polite and from what others are saying they are making good on them. Of course, i have to ask why you'd burn money on these guys. They've done nothing to deserve it. Only money i've given them was just before this whole tiers/maint/BS fest hit not a penny since.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

July 30, 2017, 3:29 p.m.

I like the game quite a lot, and don't even hate on the battle bonus that much. I'm just mad that right after i spent a lot of money (a whole year!) they gave a huge nerf and basically made it worthless.

July 30, 2017, 8:17 p.m.

Maybe elite status is actually just as good or better. It may just take a bit of time to see that.

Elite status is giving you around 300-450 extra credits. So roughly every 8-10 games you would gain enough credits to buy a veteran Battle Bonus reset.

You'd need to do some math to see what the long term results of elite status are.

Certainly on a per battle basis elite status is a bit disappointing.

July 31, 2017, 4:04 a.m.

Updated //
July 31, 2017, 4:05 a.m.

I also wished my elite status was refunded. This is a bad joke. I'm outraged to get my end of the deal suddenly reduced to nothingness.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.