FORUMS

Top players there's no need to go down to recruit- BB is good!

Posted: //
July 30, 2017, 12:36 a.m.

So I finally got the chance to test the new system out.

I made some notes. And here is the breakdown of the results. This is based on elite status and does not include a first win of the day bonus.

Legendary battles were played with T4 ships so que times were identical to veteran battles.

By the time I completed the 5th battle there was only 8 mins to wait until the next free veteran BB bonus. So, go get a drink, a snack, walk around, etc. And then you can repeat the entire process without ever having to seal club in recruit.

The average credits are essentially the same as what I was getting per game before battle bonus. But here I pay no maintenance. So overall credit gain is higher.

And XP gain is much higher.

July 30, 2017, 1:43 a.m.

those values are meaningless since you're assuming every match you play is gonna be at least semi ok

i've had alot more reward/match (like double your best legendary)
i've also had less reward/match

technicaly i also had over 4k exp / match without battle bonus so...

problem is: matchmaking affects your reward far more then the bonus or fleet type

World of dreadnoughts ftw!

July 30, 2017, 2:32 a.m.

Updated //
July 30, 2017, 2:38 a.m.

I specifically said 'TOP PLAYERS'.

These numbers may be meaningless to you. But what they clearly mean to me is that I do not have to go to recruit in order to get the same average credits I was getting pre-BB.

I don't care if it means nothing to you. But there are players even better than me and it might mean something to them.

July 30, 2017, 4:34 a.m.

Hello Captains,

i did no math, calculations or "writing down numbers" based testing....i played like i always played....my perception is purely "feelings" based.

The result is good....i got significantly more xp than i got before 1.8.

For me 1.8 is good step in the right direction in reducing the grind-wall. In an average gaming session of mine i can do now nearly the double amount of xp, than i was able to do before 1.8. Credits never were a problem, and they doesent seem to be one now.

Concusion: Micro likes 1.8 Battle Bonus system

Greetings
Micro

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.”

July 30, 2017, 8:21 a.m.

Same, I like this new update. I still do jump into Recruit matches for free EXP as I refuse to play certain ships and use the free exp. Lately I've been healing instead of hoping on the Vett, seems a bit nicer

July 30, 2017, 9:04 a.m.

My win rate just go down from 1.37 to 0.99, so this is definitely not working out for me.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

July 30, 2017, 11:40 a.m.

Squad up with decent players and you will win nearly every match. Looking at my friends list and I see players with W/L ratios of 2.6 and up lol. K/D ratios of 5 lol.

I'm not the best captain, but I normally end up in the top 5 of the match between both teams. I've seen my credits and EXP go up massively since this update. I did over 100,000 credits just last night partying with CouchPotato and a few others. That was impossible with the old maintenance system.

July 30, 2017, 12:04 p.m.

Updated //
July 30, 2017, 5:55 p.m.

SmokerT69#9758 posted (#post-129710)

Squad up with decent players and you will win nearly every match. Looking at my friends list and I see players with W/L ratios of 2.6 and up lol. K/D ratios of 5 lol.

I'm not the best captain, but I normally end up in the top 5 of the match between both teams. I've seen my credits and EXP go up massively since this update. I did over 100,000 credits just last night partying with CouchPotato and a few others. That was impossible with the old maintenance system.

This is duable if you play plenty of rounds and in all 3 modes (recruit/vet/legendary).

I'm currently upgrading T3 and it's somewhat tough - primarily because I can only do that in the VET mode. Then again, I buy BB (pay 3.5K credits) - and if I end up first or second rank in the match I only lose 1K credits (you make 2.5K credits though sometimes I also get 3K). I honestly don't mind since I already have plenty of credits saved up (the key to this is to simply buy the modules you want, not all the modules you unlock - at least that was the key under the old system). But there's no doubt that I am losing credits now, not making them smile

PS. if you destroy 16 ships in vet mode (deathmatch) with BB while using T3 (you get less points when flying a T4), you get around 4k credits and 7k exp. points. In other words, if you want to pay the BB fee in vet mode and not lose any money, you need 12 kills or more. Having said that - if you do end up with these stats consistently (not likely even for the top players when using t3), buying BB is a very quick path to upgrading your ship.

July 30, 2017, 2:46 p.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-129668)

So I finally got the chance to test the new system out.

I made some notes. And here is the breakdown of the results. This is based on elite status and does not include a first win of the day bonus.

Legendary battles were played with T4 ships so que times were identical to veteran battles.

By the time I completed the 5th battle there was only 8 mins to wait until the next free veteran BB bonus. So, go get a drink, a snack, walk around, etc. And then you can repeat the entire process without ever having to seal club in recruit.

The average credits are essentially the same as what I was getting per game before battle bonus. But here I pay no maintenance. So overall credit gain is higher.

And XP gain is much higher.

I agree with you Bazza , if you are a top player you gain a lot of exp , im ending almost every game on the top of the scoreboard and getting a lot of exp.

July 30, 2017, 3:16 p.m.

I'm in the process of putting a similar spreadsheet together (but i'll linclude win/loss data, battle performance, and team compositions, i'll also have about 300 or so games pre 1.8 to compare with.) Tentatively, i can validate that 1.8 is, at the very least, not worse than maintenance.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.