FORUMS

Feedback upon return from 3wk break

Posted: //
July 31, 2017, 12:41 a.m.

So I took a break around the time Thor left because the grind was starting to get a little tedious and boring, figured I'd come back when maint. was gone, so here I am.

First impression so far has been a little rough. As usual, since there were patches I had to remap all my controls, so I started off with a proving grounds match to warm up and make sure I had everything where I needed it. Oh great, there went my Vet fleet BB...ok, that's not too good....let me play a Recruit match then so I can test the waters.

Jump into Recruit, end up in a losing match halfway through with 2x SOS guys on the other side. Teammates ramming me left and right, preventing me from even positioning myself where I wanted to be, and naturally we got torn apart. While I normally have no personal issues with SOS, this match they decided to throw in a "get wrekt" at the end, because I guess they felt special for having successfully clubbed some seals? I don't really know, first time I've seen one of them be a tool. If I had been a new player, this would be a pretty awful first match experience.

Even as a returning player, the match didn't feel too good. Back to Vet then I guess where at least I should see better players and I have OBs, a fleet of IVs, etc. First match, after 8 mins of waiting- got a DN dev on my team, only 2 top tier guys on the other team I recognized. I went healer, managed top score, but we got destroyed by those 2 top tier players regardless. It just felt bad. Like really bad. Not fun in the least. What happened to this game? It was always grindy, had it's issues, but now it just feels absolutely terrible to play. I managed to grind out 4x T4s, bunch of OBs, and have a decent KDR, and this was all back when we had maintenance. Now it just feels like a different game.

I guess I know now why Thor left....

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

July 31, 2017, 3:17 a.m.

Well no clue who you or Thor are but yeah, been playing since closed beta and the games ups and downs are turning more into downs. The recent development with matchmaking is for sure a down and the player base is becoming more and more toxic, primarily in the T4 bracket.

Cramming 3s and 4s together is bad enough but now you can also have 2s in the same match, on top of that most t4 players assume every win is because of skill and has nothing to do with the fact that they are out gunning an entire team with their 3 fully upgraded t4 ships.

Me and my squad are having a very had time finding decent matches at the Veteran level, and an even harder time finding decent non toxic players.

Really hoping this all starts to change for the better soon, really enjoy this game and would hate to see it fail.

"By the manner of their death we shall know them"

July 31, 2017, 9:36 a.m.

Updated //
July 31, 2017, 9:37 a.m.

I was gone for 8 weeks on top of another 2 weeks travelling. Coming back the game doesn't seem much different, I like the 2 new maps and the night versions of the maps. I don't like the Koschie nerf is still active. Was no need to nerf it's HP. I see they fixed a few bugs, glad storm missiles do their proper damage again. Altogether, I'm enjoying the game and it's so much easier to make credits and EXP for me now. Switching between Legendary and Veteran BB, I can make around 100k credits a night. On my top matches, I get around 10-16k EXP. Insane xD My worst matches still end up with around 5-10k exp. It's a step in the right direction. Good work DN staff.

July 31, 2017, 3:17 p.m.

Updated //
July 31, 2017, 4:42 p.m.

If you have no idea who Thor is then you've never seen a community stream for DN, since he was kinda you know, the one who did that. Don't care if you know who I am.

And Smoker, after seeing some of your comments recently, I could honestly care less about your opinion, because it seems like you're just going nuts white-knighting for whatever reason. You know Migs or Tuxedo aren't going to give you free stuff just for talking up the game despite it's problems, right?

The game has serious issues, if you don't see them, that's your deal, but you acting like other people's opinions aren't valid is not helping the devs nor the progress of this game, grow up. This'll likely be my last feedback for a while if this is what the game has devolved into, the tiny upper crust of players defending every decision and insulting the overall average playerbase whenever they have feedback.

Migs, wake up and smell the BS around here, I know that at least you're smart enough to get this.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

July 31, 2017, 4:36 p.m.

Well, other than not having read some notice that was never posted about the Lorica's shield being like a Corvette's (why, Devs, WHY!?), the Vindicta being somewhat slower, and the recalculated scores (which I think may be raised outside BB ), I found there to be very few major changes. Perhaps you're just a little rusty, Sardekar smile

-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

Aug. 1, 2017, 12:50 a.m.

Sardekar: "While I normally have no personal issues with SOS, this match they decided to throw in a "get wrekt" at the end, because I guess they felt special for having successfully clubbed some seals? I don't really know, first time I've seen one of them be a tool."

The two SOS members were my brother and I and jesus christ, triggered much!? Since when was "Get Rekt" considered so offensive that you had to take to the forum to make a complaint post? Are you seriously that thin skinned?

I'm honestly not trying to be mean here, I know a great deal of the dreadnought players, I regularly talk smack to them, it's always in good fun, and I'm usually way more aggressive than a simple "Get Rekt." ESPECIALLY when the enemy team is being as salty as they were in that match.

The Dev's said in their latest post that they wanted to push experienced Veteran pilots into recruit matches again with the newest battle bonus update. Well this is the result; players with over 500hrs total game time absolutely destroying the entire enemy team.

Sure it's not nice for the newbies, but until the Dev's stop punishing veteran and legendary players with these ridiculous ship costs that make it so LITERALLY NO ONE IS QUEUING T5 SHIPS, prepare to get a steady stream of experienced players like myself popping into recruit and seal clubbing. It's nothing personal, but the Dev's straight up said this is what they were trying to achieve in their latest "Short Range Scan" video.

Dreadnought Partner

Aug. 1, 2017, 8:50 a.m.

You should throw in a "git gud scrub, kek" just to push them over the edge, #triggered. Apparently that's what I "mean" when I try to give people advice according to some players... Tried to help a guy the other day by telling him to get on comms and communicate. His response was that I'm basically telling him to get good scrub. So that's how I'm going to respond to people now. Trololol

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.