FORUMS

Vigo

Posted: //
Aug. 5, 2017, 5:14 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 5, 2017, 5:15 p.m.

Stop it, you're doing it wrong.

Storm missiles brah... 27k damage before module amper. If you want to be tanky, take energy generator as well. So you can keep shields up. Run the retaliator OB from the Jutland. Every time your shield is hit, it will lower your cool downs. This means moar storm missiles. Sometimes I like to run the Desperate measures OB just so I can get another storm missile out before I die. Oh btw, did I mention Storm Missiles? They're the second module you unlock on the Vigo...

Aug. 6, 2017, 5:29 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 6, 2017, 5:33 a.m.

Oh - I just recalled another defensive strategy that I've always used with my destroyer at t2, one which uses the warp function.

When a corvette closes in on you, fire a goliath torpedo at the corvette and warp away. Once you reemerge from the warp, manually activate the nuke. That takes care of the corvette 70% of the time. Also, vigo has repeater guns module that comes after you unlock flack guns. It doesn't do much damage but has a very long range. When you reemerge from the distance the corvette is still alive - just use those to finish it off.

So, yeah, there really is a good reason why one would want to have the warp function even on the slow vigo.

Aug. 6, 2017, 5:14 p.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-130554)

Git gud, Sigma. I cream opponents with my Vigo.

Ofc you do Lando....

Jokes apart git gud and stop cryng

Aug. 9, 2017, 1:58 a.m.

Aug. 9, 2017, 3:33 a.m.

maximmm#5966 posted (#post-130574)

I've just upgraded vigo, so here's my take. It's slow - almost as slow as lorica. It's also pretty fragile, which means you should really only use it when there are healers on your team - but given that this is the only scenario in which I recommend using it, you might forget about the whole warp thing and just stick to basics like weapon amplifier or module reboot (oddly enough, I'm using warp because of how slow this thing is).

Having said that, if you do have healers on your team, with weapon boosters/amp, it has the best guns in T4. It even beats corvette amped guns in terms of raw power (but, alas - when the enemy is nearby it fires either the top guns or the bottom ones, making your aim always off and having to readjust). I do have problems dealing with corvettes primarily because flack guns lack range - and given how slow it is, moving closer to corvettes as they fire at you is not feasible. For dealing with dreads, I'm using a disruption missile - it does wonders when the dread crawls by with its armor amplification on. For groupies, I am using the goliath missile.

By the way - you CAN fit it with warp as soon as you buy this ship. Just fit it with T3 warp.
You can also fit it with goliath torpedo from t3.

And you need much luck to have the right modules in every game. smile

Aug. 9, 2017, 3:36 a.m.

SmokerT69#9758 posted (#post-130602)

Storm missiles brah... 27k damage before module amper. If you want to be tanky, take energy generator as well. So you can keep shields up. Run the retaliator OB from the Jutland. Every time your shield is hit, it will lower your cool downs. This means moar storm missiles. Sometimes I like to run the Desperate measures OB just so I can get another storm missile out before I die. Oh btw, did I mention Storm Missiles? They're the second module you unlock on the Vigo...

Its nice to read advices from people who all modules have or OBs you can get in the game for your ship.

But if you have this all not you get slattered every game from the top tier player and you can only hope to get in a

few months all the modules and OBs you actually miss. smile

Aug. 9, 2017, 6:37 a.m.

CptFuture#3267 posted (#post-131456)

SmokerT69#9758 posted (#post-130602)

Its nice to read advices from people who all modules have or OBs you can get in the game for your ship.

But if you have this all not you get slattered every game from the top tier player and you can only hope to get in a

few months all the modules and OBs you actually miss. smile

You don't really need OBs if you're running evasive maneuvers on your Vigo. The ship is still decent even if you run energy gen without OBs.

尊重Respect友善Friendly包容Tolerance理解Understanding 十萬青年十萬肝,GG輪班救台灣

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.