FORUMS

Why have healers in massive ship combat?

Posted: //
Sept. 7, 2016, 2:14 a.m.

Well like I said before, Not all tactical cruisers in this game involve healing. If you want the tactical cruisers to be something else, give them something else to do besides healing, because there damage output is horrible.
I have been trying to play as a cattoro to get people to stop thinking of them as a healer and start to make them think of something else, but sadly, they have made cruisers very weak. The Cattaro is supposed to be an attacker based cruiser but everything I fire my lazer at anything besides a aion or corvette, i see nothing happen to there health bar. Even with weapon amp, i barely scratch anything. If you want cruisers to stop being healers so much, then fix it so that they can do other things. Give them the chance to lay more types of mines besides nukes and the other one. Nukes are ok if you place them at choke points, but they can't be used to defend yourself.

Sept. 8, 2016, 9:09 a.m.

Kiiyor#1809 posted (#post-43784)

Immociide#3428 posted (#post-43280)

You lost me once you started naming off completely different games. The only game you mentioned that i still play is overwatch. Quiet honestly if you think healing is op in that game.... Then you should stop playing anything that requires you to think.

I mean to counter a healer is very easy. Attack said healer. You're welcome to try it out!

I personally love playing a healer in this game. In most games somebody usually picks a healer and the games when nobody does.... I do.

I'm with you.

DN is the first game to really capture my attention and imagination as a healer. It's tense, tactical, and rewarding; trying to balance out the need to remain close enough to your team to actually heal them, while dodging incoming fire and trying to deal with the horrifying thought of a decent corvette pilot hunting you.... it's just great fun.

This is soooo not true. I am also playing "healer" here and there and main problem with healers is, they are so easy to play and so effective it is not even funny. Of course you have great fun, when playing healer is so easy to be overpowered AF.

Of course there are good and valid tactics for opposing teams to take down healers, but performing these actions need actually more effort compared to be super effective as healer. And that's the problem. Healing in DN is not really well fleshed out. It is very simple task with huge impact on the game itself. It needs do something...different. Complete redesign probably or at least some heavy adjustments how healing works in the game.

Sept. 8, 2016, 11:03 a.m.

ManiaCCC#0403 posted (#post-43989)

Kiiyor#1809 posted (#post-43784)

Immociide#3428 posted (#post-43280)

You lost me once you started naming off completely different games. The only game you mentioned that i still play is overwatch. Quiet honestly if you think healing is op in that game.... Then you should stop playing anything that requires you to think.

I mean to counter a healer is very easy. Attack said healer. You're welcome to try it out!

I personally love playing a healer in this game. In most games somebody usually picks a healer and the games when nobody does.... I do.

I'm with you.

DN is the first game to really capture my attention and imagination as a healer. It's tense, tactical, and rewarding; trying to balance out the need to remain close enough to your team to actually heal them, while dodging incoming fire and trying to deal with the horrifying thought of a decent corvette pilot hunting you.... it's just great fun.

This is soooo not true. I am also playing "healer" here and there and main problem with healers is, they are so easy to play and so effective it is not even funny. Of course you have great fun, when playing healer is so easy to be overpowered AF.

Of course there are good and valid tactics for opposing teams to take down healers, but performing these actions need actually more effort compared to be super effective as healer. And that's the problem. Healing in DN is not really well fleshed out. It is very simple task with huge impact on the game itself. It needs do something...different. Complete redesign probably or at least some heavy adjustments how healing works in the game.

Imo healing is fine.Players just need to learn how to counterplay teams who have healers,and actually with a bit of teamwork its not that hard.Dreadnought is the first game that i can actually enjoy healing,it maybe feel easy,it may be grant you more score,but to stay alive while you are everyones target is not that easy.People just need to more focus fire on healers,instead of dreadnought that is being healed..

"The First Of His Name"

Sept. 8, 2016, 12:20 p.m.

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-43992)

Imo healing is fine.Players just need to learn how to counterplay teams who have healers,and actually with a bit of teamwork its not that hard.Dreadnought is the first game that i can actually enjoy healing,it maybe feel easy,it may be grant you more score,but to stay alive while you are everyones target is not that easy.People just need to more focus fire on healers,instead of dreadnought that is being healed..

This. I've had many games playing as a Koschei where enemy teams have been inexplicably attacking whichever target I happen to be looking at at the time and getting nowhere with it, even though my team has forced me to sit out in the open because they don't know how to position themselves near suitable cover. I'm even able to freely use beam amp because no one is shooting me.
I couldn't have been more obvious if I had giant, bright green lasers shooting from me in every direction...
... oh wait.

Most games, the only player(s) trying to kill me are one corvette (who, as I play defensively, is often unable to succeed, and usually moves on to easier targets), with the occasional destroyer who really seems to take offense at my presence and focuses me down (which is really what they should be doing).

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.