FORUMS

Console Edition?

Posted: //
May 10, 2015, 5:50 p.m.

Forgive me if this has been suggested before but I truly think this game would be awesome on a console (coughPS4cough). I've been re-playing AC:Black Flag and all I can think of is Dreadnought. I realize you guys are still trying to finalize the PC version but please give some serious thought to releasing it on consoles.

I would honestly pay for this experience . Add a story and I'd be willing to pay $50 or more to see huge ships beat it out of each other on my big screen TV.

Just a thought.

May 10, 2015, 10:20 p.m.

they are currently focusing on the pc release. if everything works out well they will look into releasing the game on other platforms, but not any time soon.

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

May 11, 2015, 8:44 a.m.

I would say it would be great to have on the PS4 but odds are low it will leave the PC.

If you got a problem use Dakka if you still got a problem you just did not use enough Dakka.

May 11, 2015, 9:50 a.m.

plugs computer into big screen TV
problem solved ;D

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

May 13, 2015, 3:22 a.m.

As Jownsy already stated we are currently only focusing on PC.

Versions for consoles are interesting - and I could see Dreadnought at one point on consoles. But that requires a lot of work, a lot of know-how and therefore in the end a lot of money ;)

We are rather focusing on making an awesome game just for PC than spreading our resources to thin and just making a game for all the platforms there are. But consoles are definitely an option we'll might look into in the future.

Stefan "Stiefel" Damberg
Engineer, YAGER

May 13, 2015, 8:15 p.m.

Overly Enthusiastic Gay Man!

May 20, 2015, 8:25 p.m.

Soniquev8#0539 posted (#post-2692)

Forgive me if this has been suggested before but I truly think this game would be awesome on a console (coughPS4cough). I've been re-playing AC:Black Flag and all I can think of is Dreadnought. I realize you guys are still trying to finalize the PC version but please give some serious thought to releasing it on consoles.

I would honestly pay for this experience . Add a story and I'd be willing to pay $50 or more to see huge ships beat it out of each other on my big screen TV.

Just a thought.

gawd, no, we don't need a downgrade

May 29, 2015, 10:14 p.m.

RadimentriX#9344 posted (#post-3013)

Soniquev8#0539 posted (#post-2692)

Just a thought.

gawd, no, we don't need a downgrade

Ok, disagree with me, I can respect that. But no need to be an a-hole.

There's no way this would be a downgrade. Probably nowhere near the awesome-sauce experience that you get on a fully tricked out desktop... but hardly a downgrade. Not to mention that not everyone has the coin (or desktop space, for that matter) to buy a fully tricked out machine with multiple 4k monitors.

Graphics aren't really an issue. Modern gaming systems are essentially capable of pulling off almost anything I've seen on a PC anyway. Controls? That seems to be more of a personal preference rather than an inhibiting factor nowadays. Multiplayer? Not an issue.

The major point I keep thinking about are the VR sets coming (eventually) to the Xbone and PS4 and how Dreadnought could take advantage of them.

Anyhow, the console experience isn't a downgrade anymore... just a different, and (usually) more streamlined way of experiencing a game.

May 29, 2015, 11:36 p.m.

Soniquev8#0539 posted (#post-3269)

Ok, disagree with me, I can respect that. But no need to be an a-hole.

There's no way this would be a downgrade. Probably nowhere near the awesome-sauce experience that you get on a fully tricked out desktop... but hardly a downgrade. Not to mention that not everyone has the coin (or desktop space, for that matter) to buy a fully tricked out machine with multiple 4k monitors.

Graphics aren't really an issue. Modern gaming systems are essentially capable of pulling off almost anything I've seen on a PC anyway. Controls? That seems to be more of a personal preference rather than an inhibiting factor nowadays. Multiplayer? Not an issue.

The major point I keep thinking about are the VR sets coming (eventually) to the Xbone and PS4 and how Dreadnought could take advantage of them.

Anyhow, the console experience isn't a downgrade anymore... just a different, and (usually) more streamlined way of experiencing a game.

Not to bad mouth consoles by any means but statistically speaking consoles are in-fact a downgrade compared to even an economically priced gaming rig. If you look at resolution and fps comparisons between the Xbox One and PS4 you'll notice that the majority are sub-par. Once a console can have native 1080p 60fps then they will be in the same league as PC's but until then they just don't compare. Please keep in mind that while some people do have fully tricked rigs and 4k monitors that is a VERY slim portion of the PC population.

I will, however, say that Dreadnought does seem built around console compatibility. With having a fire weapons, switch weapons, weapon zoom, 4 abilities, and one button for energy management (I think that's all the buttons it's been a while) you could easily bind those to any controller. Your point on VR headsets is completely bogus though since Dreadnought is played in a 3rd person view there is no reason to use a VR headset.

When it comes down to it both PC and console gaming are unique in their own ways. Consoles are cheaper and more user friendly though I wouldn't necessarily say consoles are a "more streamlined way of experiencing a game" unless you mean you just pop in a disk and call it a day. While PCs are usually more expensive you can do a lot more with them and also upgrade them over time instead of buying a whole new console.

As for RadimentriX's post he was just trying to make a funny.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

May 30, 2015, 5:07 a.m.

PC only please.

Exitus acta probat.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.