FORUMS

Whats the point of the Gravis?

Posted: //
Aug. 8, 2017, 11:23 a.m.

I have just unlocked the Gravis and equipped it with plasma broadside, vultures, missile lasers and exoshell. But I dont really get which advantage it has above the Chernobog. The only advantage I see is the higher maingun dps, since the speed and manuverability is pretty much the same. But the mainguns only out-dps the repeater guns (which are the same on both ships) at >3400m. But at that range the horrible spread on the mainguns makes the Chernobogs guns better.
In conclusion: The Chernobog has better mainguns, better health and no downsides compared to the Gravis. Am I missing something or is the Gravis just a bad ship? Does it get better at T4? Or do I just use the wrong modules?

Aug. 8, 2017, 11:40 a.m.

Atlantis357#7417 posted (#post-131308)

I have just unlocked the Gravis and equipped it with plasma broadside, vultures, missile lasers and exoshell. But I dont really get which advantage it has above the Chernobog. The only advantage I see is the higher maingun dps, since the speed and manuverability is pretty much the same. But the mainguns only out-dps the repeater guns (which are the same on both ships) at >3400m. But at that range the horrible spread on the mainguns makes the Chernobogs guns better.
In conclusion: The Chernobog has better mainguns, better health and no downsides compared to the Gravis. Am I missing something or is the Gravis just a bad ship? Does it get better at T4? Or do I just use the wrong modules?

The advantage is the speed, it is better than the Chernobog, don't believe the manuverability rating, it averages all movement directions and steering, it is even faster than the Dola. Sadly on the PC the shields of it are also bugged.

Overall however your assesment is correct, for most situations the Chernobog is better, only when you can use the speed of the Gravis to your advantage it becomes viable. Most people call the Oberon Dreads Destroyers with Dread modules, which should give you a hint on how to use them.

Recruit Engineer

Aug. 8, 2017, 11:42 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 8, 2017, noon

Its just faster than other dreadnoughts and has reduced hitbox size. Its actually a significant advantage, because you get a fast moving destroyer with dreadnought low energy consumtion shields and modules. Main gun has big spread, but also high shot velocity, so its easier to hit targets at medium distance. Though, t3 repeaters are more preferred.
Your modules arent really bad choice, but i suggest Plazma Broadside(t3), Flechette Missiles (t3), Stasis Pulse (t3), Armor amlifier (t2).

And - OH - I almost forgot - Right now it has broken shields, with enormous energy consumtion. Its a new bug coming fron latest update and may be fixed... probably soon. So its not really a good time to play Gravis.

Aug. 8, 2017, 12:39 p.m.

If you think the Chern is your ship, then by all means fly the Chern. I prefer the Gravis/Lorica for it's speed and firepower. And to clarify, it is faster and more maneuverable. It's a destroyer with dreadnought modules, as has already been pointed out.

The Chern is a great ship, but some people prefer trading hull for speed. The 7km primaries are nice, but aren't terribly effective at max range. And unrelated to performance, the Gravis is also a pretty gorgeous ship.

Aug. 9, 2017, 9:10 a.m.

Ah, the shield bug explaines why it melts so fast compared to the chern.

Aug. 10, 2017, 10:16 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 10, 2017, 10:35 a.m.

one question please: which experience points do i need for gravis? i tought orcus are the relevant points, but this is not true.. thanks in avance

edit: is the only way to get it by using free exp?

Aug. 10, 2017, 12:17 p.m.

No, you DO get the Gravis (and the Ceres) through the Orcus.

Sept. 4, 2019, 3:17 p.m.

Guys i have a problem with unlocking Chernobog despite of all requirements fullfiled.

Sept. 4, 2019, 8:25 p.m.

Gravis is a really fast attack craft - it's greatest strength is that you don't have to dedicate your 4th module towards mobility. You can comfortably add armour amplifier, or rupture ammo

Gravis is something i'm currently trying to experiment with on PS4. I've found it best as an off tank/ flanking dread. You have strong mid range (4000-5000) and one of the best guns to go power to weopons on (amps fire rate on 50 shot clip). You can swoon in, broad side, and dash away....but!

Personally I think the strength is it's ability to comfortably be out fitted with rupture ammo/offensive lockdown (Once it gets buffed...) and that brings alot of utility to a team.

If you're running a 3 dreadnought setup, a Gravis is definitely a contender. But if it's part of your main front line - you'd probably prefer the chernbog/monarch

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Sept. 4, 2019, 11:03 p.m.

Yeah, its definitely not as good as tanking as the AK line but it also isnt a slug with movement. I still use it when playing Veteran and can do pretty good with it. Its ability to get into the mix, and get out of it is really its true strength.

MrBogus666, I suggest you contact support about the issue.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.