FORUMS

PS4 Controller Map

Posted: //
Nov. 30, 2017, 7:57 a.m.

@ FrostyCZ

And whats with the spotting function and the support fire function? I use the spotting function as sniper very often to mark the corvettes for the team.

What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The ships of Akula Vector? No! The ships of Jupiter Arms? No! The ships of Oberon? The torpedo? The plasma broadside? No to everything!

Courage and courage alone overtake them all!

[Psyduck alias girly01]

Nov. 30, 2017, 3:30 p.m.

Got to suppor the contention that the touch pad is really bad for the energy wheel or comms wheel. Latency is atrocious and more often than not you get the option you don't want - i.e comms wheel and not the energey wheel and the comms wheel won't go away etc.

Dec. 5, 2017, 2:29 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 5, 2017, 2:39 a.m.

Psyduck#5542 posted (#post-176931) said:

@ FrostyCZ

And whats with the spotting function and the support fire function? I use the spotting function as sniper very often to mark the corvettes for the team.

I have it in the touch panel look on picture or read last line, or because I use too very often. That could stay like it is, because what I hear from my friends right now that is working well and I do not have problem with that. So Scoreboard I would change for example on the same place right now it is energize motor only I would say scoreboard will showed only for few seconds because sometimes turn of the energy wheel is problem too. Because scoreboard is not so much important for match, for playing.

You try to live in the shadows but I was born in darkness. I am .... the Devil's Reaper.

Dec. 31, 2017, 1:06 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 31, 2017, 1:45 a.m.

Better layout for ps4:

Directional Pad (UP) - activate thrusters

Directional Pad (RIGHT) - activate weapon boost

Directional Pad (LEFT) - activate shields

Directional Pad (DOWN) - deactivate energy

button Pad (CIRCLE,SQUARE,TRIANGLE,X) - Activate modules

Left directional Stick - ship movement

Left directional Stick (L3) - Toggle primary/secondary fire

Right directional Stick - aim movement

Right directional Stick (R3) - reload main weapons

Touchpad (CLICK) - view scoreboard

Touchpad (SWIPE) - short command wheel

L1 / R1 - ascend / descend

L2 / R2 - zoom aim / Fire

The touchpad is too poorly placed and too inprecise for such a key component as the energy wheel. This layout is a more intuitive and easier to use system for those of us having difficulty with the touchpad interface. Seeing as the scoreboard and short command wheel are minor conveniences and not key to ship functionallity, they are best used for the touchpad. The touchpad was never designed to be used as a main control surface, but rather for menu scrolling and functions that do not require you to have both hands on the controller at once, such as navigating a map, or viewing scoreboards. The short command wheel is mostly used to mark out enemies, a relatively unimportant function that can be done from a safe distance, making it perfect for a touchpad interface. The energy wheel is a key component to battle, and needs to have an easy to access interface for split second decisions in the heat of battle.

May 14, 2018, 9:38 p.m.

ubermausse1309#9023 posted (#post-204206) said:

Better layout for ps4:

Directional Pad (UP) - activate thrusters

Directional Pad (RIGHT) - activate weapon boost

Directional Pad (LEFT) - activate shields

Directional Pad (DOWN) - deactivate energy

button Pad (CIRCLE,SQUARE,TRIANGLE,X) - Activate modules

Left directional Stick - ship movement

Left directional Stick (L3) - Toggle primary/secondary fire

Right directional Stick - aim movement

Right directional Stick (R3) - reload main weapons

Touchpad (CLICK) - view scoreboard

Touchpad (SWIPE) - short command wheel

L1 / R1 - ascend / descend

L2 / R2 - zoom aim / Fire

The touchpad is too poorly placed and too inprecise for such a key component as the energy wheel. This layout is a more intuitive and easier to use system for those of us having difficulty with the touchpad interface. Seeing as the scoreboard and short command wheel are minor conveniences and not key to ship functionallity, they are best used for the touchpad. The touchpad was never designed to be used as a main control surface, but rather for menu scrolling and functions that do not require you to have both hands on the controller at once, such as navigating a map, or viewing scoreboards. The short command wheel is mostly used to mark out enemies, a relatively unimportant function that can be done from a safe distance, making it perfect for a touchpad interface. The energy wheel is a key component to battle, and needs to have an easy to access interface for split second decisions in the heat of battle.

Agreed, the current control scheme allows for some frustrating dogfights when you're frantically trying to deloy shields and then the touchpad mistakes the command as a desire to shut down them instead. The touch pad should really only be used for team communication and statistics; more or less the not as essential controls.

Closed