FORUMS

Regarding an Xbox realese

Posted: //
Aug. 10, 2017, 1:36 a.m.

(fair warning my grammar won't be the best, as im super tired while writing this)

I have heard the previous response of "we don't plan to bring dreadnought to Xbox". but I wonder why? I mean clearly the Xbox community has expressed interest in your game. I myself as someone who managed to slog through bad frame rates on my low end pc would love to play with a version of the game which I can actually play without being assaulted in game and visually. the truth of the matter is that I can't afford a prefab gaming pc and haven't the slightest clue how to build one, as well as many others . with your PS4 launch you've proven that the game can run on consoles, so why not bring it to Xbox? In the end however it's your game which you can do whatever with. either way I'll respect your desision.

Aug. 10, 2017, 3:49 a.m.

Microsoft has already guaranteed that 900p and 1080p Xbox One diversions ought to have the capacity to keep running at local 4K on the Xbox One X, and that current Xbox One and 360 recreations will see a perceptible execution support. Dissertation Service Scorpio additionally highlights fluid cooled vapor-chamber cooling inside, an innovation that is utilized on top of the line PC gaming cards like the GTX 1080.

Aug. 10, 2017, 9:53 a.m.

I can't tell the amount of time I respond about bring dreadnought to xbox. I went to Microsoft community and discuss this matter but they sent me here and all I get is " have no plans for xbox now."

Aug. 10, 2017, 3:58 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 10, 2017, 4 p.m.

I'm thrilled that there's an Xbox community that would like to play Dreadnought and I'm sure folks here definitely don't want to give the impression that we don't care (we totally do).

Unfortunately, I have to reiterate that for the moment, we've got no current plans for Xbox. We've got only so many development resources, even with three studios (Yager, Six Foot and Iron Galaxy) working on the game. Dreadnought is a huge project and even supporting two platforms is extremely labor intensive especially when we're trying to make the best possible game for each platform rather than just straight ports. Adding a third platform, especially with the future plans we have for continued development/polish/refinement/tweaking, would be overwhelming.

So for the moment, let us focus on improving the game and services for the platforms that we're committed to serving currently.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

Aug. 19, 2017, 5:58 p.m.

I'd love an xbox release of this. I have a few friends who I've shown this too that love these games (Elite Dangerous, WoT, WoW, etc) and would totally be down to play this but all they have are xboxs. It's a huge leap from PC to PlayStation (especially given microsofts new bizarre effort to make PC and Xbox as similar as possible) I'm sure you can spare something to make an Xbox version in the future. Make a GoFundMe or something we'll contribute!

Aug. 19, 2017, 6:50 p.m.

JoshuaKiller#0247 posted (#post-133459)

I'd love an xbox release of this. I have a few friends who I've shown this too that love these games (Elite Dangerous, WoT, WoW, etc) and would totally be down to play this but all they have are xboxs. It's a huge leap from PC to PlayStation (especially given microsofts new bizarre effort to make PC and Xbox as similar as possible) I'm sure you can spare something to make an Xbox version in the future. Make a GoFundMe or something we'll contribute!

it is a big leap. for one, Microsoft have to "approve" all patches first, to make sure they wont brake anything on the XBox etc. Porting a game is also not that simple. you have to tell the game how to use the XBox so it will run, do this badly and you'll have no end of trouble. I would also guess they would need to hire people who know the XBox API and how to program games for XBox. lets not forget this game is still in Beta on PC and PS$, and personally, I think it's a long way off from being "ready"

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Aug. 20, 2017, 2:54 a.m.

problem is they already signed a contract with ps4(sony) saying they wont release it on xbox, so no matter what : they CANNOT release on xbox.

ontop of that: they even have a contract with sony that guarantees certain pve modes come to ps4 first and stay exclusive for months before being introduced on pc (havoc is an example)

World of dreadnoughts ftw!

Feb. 13, 2018, 7:52 p.m.

I get all of this but they are missing on so much profit from the Xbox players I bet a lot of people would buy this amazing game I know I would u guys r missing out on a lot of money here

May 28, 2018, 10:08 p.m.

I think if its correct to say that if Dreadnought was released to Xbox, it would open many doors both PR wise and economically for Greybox. They would have a totally new audience wating to jump at the opportunity, and based on the forum here it is clear that there is a substanstial audience lingering. It all boils down to the opputunity cost. Is Greybox willing to put forth the effort to make dreadnought compatible with Xbox, and gain profits. Or will Greybox not take the oppurtunity and continue supporting current platforms provided. It's simple economics, if you open up to a broader audiences, sales go up. Right now demand for Dreadnought is high and Greybox can use that to their advantage. It's just simple supply (#platforms available) and demand (Xbox enthusiasts).

July 30, 2018, 8:29 a.m.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Closed